(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years. The momentum of this new wave of lawsuits against the former Chinese dictator is on the rise.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from thousands of practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the lawsuits received by Minghui on August 30-31, 2015.

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Brief Summary of Cases Featured in this Report

Most of the practitioners in this report were repeatedly arrested, had their home ransacked, and were detained or imprisoned. Some practitioners were fired from their workplace for refusing to give up their belief, resulting in long-term financial struggle for the entire family.

In particular, one husband and his wife were each sentenced to 10 years in prison. The husband was tortured to death at the age of 46. In another case, a husband described his wife's dire situation after injections of poisonous drugs at a forced labor camp. She died about one year after the guards released her on medical parole.

Complainant Ms. Li Yanhua (李艳华)

Profession: School teacherHometown: Jingmen, Hubei ProvinceDate filed: June 29, 2015

Persecution Summary:

Since the onset of the persecution of Falun Gong, Ms. Li Yanhua, the complainant, and her husband, Mr. Chen Qiji (陈启季) were arrested, detained, fired from their workplace, fined, and police monitored them around the clock.

Only three months after Mr. Chen was sentenced to 10 years in prison for distributing Falun Gong informational materials in 2003, Ms. Li was also sentenced to a 10 year term for distributing articles exposing the persecution against her husband.

In the prison, Mr. Chen was forced to perform long hours of manual labor. He was given little food, was deprived of sleep and often beaten by inmates. He developed high blood pressure and was diagnosed with kidney and heart failure.

He was released on medical parole when he was on the verge of death. He passed away a month later at the age of 46.

By the time he was released, Ms. Liu was already imprisoned. She only heard about his death upon her release from prison eight years later.

“It was as if a thunderbolt struck me when I heard about my husband's death. My mom and my son didn't tell me because they didn't want to put more pressure on me while I was being tortured in the prison.” Ms. Liu said.

In the prison, Ms. Liu was deprived of sleep, had to perform hard labor, was beaten, and brainwashed. The inmates once pushed her head into the toilet bowl and held it there.

Details of complaint in Chinese

Complainant Mr. Li Xianyou (李宪友)

Profession: Village administratorHometown: Miyun County, BeijingDate filed: July 7, 2015

Persecution Summary:

Mr. Li Xianyou, 63, filed the lawsuit on behalf of himself and his wife, Ms. Liu Yuqin (刘玉琴). The couple were each sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2003.

The labor camp guards injected Ms. Liu with unknown drugs for 14 days. She felt extremely weak. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and released on medical parole in July 2003. She was paralyzed and passed away on October 2, 2004, at the age of 53.

Mr. Li experienced sleep deprivation, was forced to sit still on a small stool for a long time, and had to perform long hours of labor between 2003 and 2004. The guards also forced him to watch videos that slandered and attacked Falun Gong in an attempt to “transform” him.

In 2006, He was arrested and sentenced to two-and-a-half years of forced labor.

Facing repeated arrests and harassment from the police, Mr. Li wrote in his lawsuit: “I became homeless to avoid the persecution, especially around the holidays or on politically sensitive days. I lived in terror all the time and never felt safe, no matter where I was.”

Mr. Li was fired from his village administration position for practicing Falun Gong in 1999.

Details of complaint in Chinese

Complainant Mr. Li Wei (李伟)

Profession: Demobilized military officerHometown: Dalian, Liaoning ProvinceDate filed: July 7, 2015

Persecution Summary:

Mr. Li Wei, 56, was arrested five times, had his home ransacked six times and was sentenced to forced labor twice for a total of five years. He was released on medical parole during the first three years of his imprisonment, but was constantly harassed by the police.

During his second imprisonment, he was detained in a solitary confinement cell, with his hands locked to a bed for one month. The inmates struck him in the head with their shoes. He performed long hours of forced labor and was injected with unknown drugs.

He was deprived of sleep and food, and police doused him with highly pressurized water during the interrogation.

He was fired from his workplace in 2001 and was out of work for five years because of the persecution.

Because of the Chinese regime's guilty by association policy, his family was implicated and placed under tremendous pressure. The repeated arrests and harassment traumatized his wife, and she had several mental breakdowns. The most recent one was in late May 2015 after the police harassed them at home.

Details of complaint in Chinese

Complainant Ms. He Shurong (何淑荣)

Hometown: Qiqihar, Heilongjiang ProvinceDate filed: July 2015

Persecution Summary:

Ms. He was first arrested alongside many practitioners for protesting in July 1999. The police forced her husband to turn in all her Falun Gong books and related materials before releasing her.

From then on, she was repeatedly arrested, harassed, and brainwashed, and had her home ransacked. She was sentenced to forced labor twice for a total of three years in 1999 and 2001. The police once locked her to a chair and put a plastic bag over her head during interrogation.

“At the labor camp, I was forced to do more than 10 hours of hard unpaid labor daily. When I refused to give up my belief in Falun Gong, the guards locked me to a chair for a long time. The scars from the torture are still visible on my hands,” Ms. He said.

She continued, “My workplace fired me after I was released in 2003, simply because I practice Falun Gong.”

“The police arrested me again in 2013. They hung me up by the wrists, with my arms pulled up from behind my back. I lost consciousness. The police took me to a labor camp, but I was not accepted because of liver damage.”

“The police extorted 3,000 yuan from my husband before releasing me. They also confiscated 9,000 yuan, my computers, printers and many other possessions. The financial loss was huge.”

Details of complaint in Chinese

Complainant Ms. Bao Suying (鲍素英)

Hometown: Ningbo, ZhejiangDate filed: July 2015

Persecution Summary:

“For nine years, I couldn't celebrate the New Year with my family, because I was imprisoned for my belief in Falun Gong. The tremendous pressure from the nationwide persecution caused my husband to go into depression and my son's wife walked out on him.” Ms. Bao Suying, 69, stated in her criminal complaint against the former dictator Jiang Zemin.

Ms. Bao was sentenced to five years in prison and two years of forced labor with an extension of three months for not giving up her belief.

In the labor camp, six inmates monitored her around the clock. They deprived her of sleep and forced her to read propaganda literature against Falun Gong in a very dark cell. If she did not comply, she was beaten and her sensitive parts were pinched.

The guards taped her mouth shut. Sometimes, the guards forced her to stand still or cuffed her hands behind the back for the entire day. She was forced to write thought reports daily.

Because of the torture she was blinded and also lost her hearing. Her teeth were loose. Her body weight dropped from 110 lbs to about 66 lbs.

The police confiscated her computer and Falun Gong books, which they used as evidence during her trials in 2008. The court sentenced her to five years in prison.

She was held in an isolation cell, and was made to listen to extremely loud propaganda demonizing Falun Gong. The police took a sample of her blood before they released her.

Details of complaint in Chinese


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.