(Minghui.org) After Jiang Zemin, the former head of the Chinese Communist regime, launched the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, the police from a nearby station were always driving to our village to observe what local practitioners were doing.

Village Party Secretary Protects Practitioners

The secretary of the branch of the Communist Party in our village thought the persecution was unreasonable and ridiculous. He said to the police chief, “Do you have any idea what Falun Gong is all about? This practitioner (referring to me) recovered from a serious illness after she practiced Falun Gong. Please don't hassle her. Don't you have anything better to do?”

What the secretary said had an effect. The police chief only came on sensitive dates after that.

This secretary has always been kind to practitioners. In the early stage of the persecution, he protected us and later secretly helped us. After he read the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party, he and his family quit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and its affiliated organizations.

The secretary is old, but he still in very good health and still able to work. His son is a skilled farm worker, and his daughter has a good degree and landed a nice job in the provincial capital.

Village Security Chief Protects Practitioners

Yang Shan (alias) is responsible for security in our village. When we were detained in 1999, he played cards with us and offered tea, as if we were his guests.

When the persecution turned severe, the village committee had to follow the government's directives and detain all local practitioners. The village officials monitored us day and night. When Yang was on duty, I asked to go home to sleep, and he let me go without any hesitation.

When the local police undertook a large scale search for practitioners in 2002, I left home. Then the county police searched for me. The local police chief told Yang that I should leave the county town as soon as possible.

I returned to our village in 2006. When Yang Shan saw me, he apologized for not visiting me. He did not want me to think that he had monitored me. I thanked him.

He told me that I was already a nice person before I practiced Falun Gong, but now I was nicer. I told him that anyone who treats practitioners well would be rewarded. He told me that he was not interested in a reward, he just wanted to help good people.

The CCP monitored practitioners nationwide during the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Yang was ordered to monitor me. He got very tired and looked really haggard. His relative, also a practitioner, and I agreed that we had to tell him the facts about Falun Gong.

Yang immediately wrote a “solemn statement” and apologized to the master of Falun Gong and practitioners. His appearance returned to normal, and he looked healthy and happy. He and his family members quit the CCP. His wife asked us for Falun Gong amulets, so that everyone in the entire family could wear one around his or her neck.

Just before a large scale search for practitioners by the provincial police, Yang asked his relations to warn me. I hid everything related to Falun Gong, so the police could not find anything.

When one of my relatives, a practitioner, was detained by the police, Yang immediately called one of my other relatives to warn me. I left home to avoid an arrest.

The persecution in our local area suddenly escalated last year. Yang was ordered to monitor me, but he told the police that I did not need to be monitored and the police left our village.

Yang, who has protected practitioners for many years, is healthy and happy. He was promoted twice, his wife has a good job, and his son was accepted at the university of his choice.