(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Chen Hong in Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province was arrested three years ago. She escaped. The police used threats to try to force her family members to get Ms. Chen to return.

Police Officers Deceive Family into Compliance

About eight plainclothes officers who claimed to be from the Jianshe Police Station, broke into Ms. Chen Hong's home at about 10 p.m. on September 27, 2013 and arrested her. They ransacked her home.

The police returned to her home a fews days later and told her family that she had escaped from the Xinhua Police Station on the night of September 30, 2013.

Li Zhuo, deputy head of the Jianshe Police Station, picked up Ms. Chen's husband and son on the morning of October 29, 2014 and took them to the Jianhua District Police Department for a meeting. At the meeting were Yang Zhonghua, head of the Jianhua District Police Department, Sun, head of the Domestic Security Division, Xu Yixin, and others. Han Shuchun, Ms. Chen's brother, was also at that meeting.

They threatened that if they could not bring Ms. Chen back, the police would punish everyone in the family and have her son laid off. They claimed that nothing would happen to her if she returned. All the police officers' remarks were recorded by Ms. Chen's son on his cell phone.

Ms. Chen's husband gave in and called her on October 29, 2014, threatening to divorce her unless she came back home. On her return, she was immediately arrested and detained. They ransacked their home, confiscated her son's cell phone and deleted the recording.

Husband Protests "Transformation"

The family realized that they were deceived. Ms. Chen's husband went to the Jianhua District Police Department and 610 Office many times to seek her release, but got the run around. He was told that unless she was “transformed” she would not be released.

“How do you 'transform' her?” asked her husband. “Before she practiced Falun Gong, my wife smoked, drank and had many illnesses. After she practiced Falun Gong, she gave up drinking and smoking and she became healthy. So you want her to return to bad habits and sickness?”

She was detained on October 29, 2014. Her family hired a lawyer. The lawyer found that Ms. Chen had been shackled and handcuffed. She had gone on a hunger strike to protest her detention and and she insisted on doing the Falun Gong exercises.

Participants in the persecution of Ms. Chen:Yang Zhonghua (杨中华), head of the Jianhua District Police DepartmentZhang Chunbo (张春波), head of the Jianshe Road Police Station: +86-13354521996Zhang Zhijian (张志坚), Jianshe Police Station: +86-13895991968

Please refer to the original Chinese article for more people and offices involved in the persecution.