(Minghui.org) When Ms. Wang Fajuan was released from prison in 2009, she was devastated to learn that her beloved father had passed away during her eight years of imprisonment for practicing Falun Gong. She was not even able to say goodbye.

Her husband's hair had turned gray from worrying if she would survive the brutal torture in prison. Once, her teenage daughter traveled seventy miles alone on a snowy day just to visit her.

Ms. Wang is now suing former Chinese dictator Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong that resulted in her years of false imprisonment and her family's suffering.

What's more, Ms. Wang is still currently being hounded by the authorities. She was arrested a sixth time on September 18, 2012, and sustained severe leg injuries as a result of torture.

The police didn't release her until she went on a hunger strike for nine days in protest. Three months later, she had to leave home upon learning that the police were threatening to send her to a labor camp.

Ms. Wang charges Jiang with turning police, prison guards, and many others into pawns that only know to attack Falun Gong practitioners for personal gain. She also holds Jiang responsible for her six arrests and a total of nine-and-half-years of incarceration at various detention facilities.

Ms. Wang's Ordeal

Once a sufferer of severe allergies, Ms. Wang became healthy after her practice of Falun Gong. She also got rid of her short temper and became more sociable.

When the persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999, Ms. Wang was determined to appeal for the practice that changed her life. She, however, was fired from her work at a geology institute in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province for her efforts.

The past sixteen years have also seen her incarcerated in prisons, labor camps and detention centers for almost a decade over six separate sentences.

Ms. Wang chronicled her arrest history in the criminal complaint:

First arrest on October 30, 1999: Held at a detention center for five monthsSecond arrest on April 22, 2000: One year of forced laborThird arrest on August 19, 2001: Managed to escape and lived a destitute life until she was arrest again.Fourth arrest on February 7, 2002: Detained for 36 days.Fifth arrest on October 31, 2002: Sentenced to eight years in prison.Sixth arrest on September 18, 2012: Detained for nine days and forced to live away from home three months later

Ms. Wang's lawsuit further highlighted her suffering during the 8 years of imprisonment, 1 year of forced labor, and 5 months at a detention center.

Eight Years of Imprisonment, Torture and Suspicious Blood Tests

Because of her beliefs, Ms. Wang was arrested on Oct. 31, 2002, and sentenced to eight years in prison.

In December 2003, Ms. Wang refused to wear her prisoner tag to protest the sentence. The police cuffed her hands behind her back and locked her in a bathroom. The handcuffs were only opened during meal or bathroom time.

Most of time, she had to sit on the wet bathroom floor after other prisoners took showers. This became a problem in the winter, when her wet clothes would make her unbearably cold.

During the first four months of bathroom detention, Ms. Wang was not allowed to sleep nor sit on mats. Afterwards, she was transferred to another bathroom for another two and a half months, where she could sleep on the bathroom floor with her hands cuffed behind her back.

On April 8, 2004, to force Ms. Wang to wear a prisoner tag, the police tortured her by hanging her up in the air. The police cuffed Ms. Wang's hands behind her back, with one arm from above her shoulder and the other arm around her waist. Then they hung her up in the air, putting all her weight on her wrists.

Ms. Wang immediately passed out. After torture, she was not able to walk nor hold anything with her hands. Several practitioners in the same prison became permanently disabled after suffering this kind of torture.

But Ms. Wang still refused to wear a prisoner tag. The police specified two prisoners to take Ms. Wang to a cell without surveillance cameras. They hung Ms. Wang up by cuffing her hands to two upper level bunk bed rails, with her body extremely stretched and her toes barely touching the ground. When she was about to pass out, they let her down and forced her to stand all night without sleeping.

Torture re-enactment: Hung up and stretched

Meanwhile, the police forced all Falun Dafa practitioners to take frequent blood tests, which other prisoners did not need to go through. When practitioners resisted or asked the police the purpose of the blood tests, the police ordered four to five criminal prisoners to attack each practitioner.

One Year of Forced Labor Re-education

Before her eight-year sentence, Ms. Wang was arrested on April 22, 2000, and sentenced to one year of forced labor re-education. Right after she was arrested and while being held in a detention center, Ms. Wang was tortured via the “flying an airplane” method (pictured below) while she was menstruating and only wore thin clothes.

Torture re-enactment: Flying an airplane

Ms. Wang was then transferred to the Shuanhe Labor Camp in Qiqihar City, where she was locked in an abandoned chicken coop for four months. The chicken coop was dark, cold and humid, infested with mice and mosquitoes.

Ms. Wang and another five practitioners had to eat, defecate and stay in the chicken coop 24/7. The labor camp had no shower facilities. Practitioners had to do sweatshop labor without a single day off.

Because Ms. Wang refused to write statements giving up her beliefs, she wasforced to stand for four straight days without sleeping. A criminal prisoner was ordered to monitor her and slap her whenever she fell asleep.

But Ms. Wang did not give in. She continued to do the Falun Dafa exercises and memorized the teachings together with three other practitioners.

The police twisted the four practitioners' arms and tied their hands together behind their backs. The four practitioners had to stand with their backs forming a circle, unable to sit down. The police used tape to seal their mouths shut.

After that, the police cuffed them to bed frames. The practitioners could not stand nor sit. They had to half squat for the whole night. Male guards walked around the practitioners throughout the night and beat them whenever they dozed off.

Five Months of Detention and Tortured by Force Feeding

Ms. Wang suffered five months of detention between Oct. 31, 1999 and Mar. 31, 2000. The police brought her elderly mother, three brothers, her sister and brother-in-law to the detention center to try to pressure her into giving up her beliefs. The family was under such tremendous pressure from the authorities that they beat Ms. Wang in the family visiting room.

Because Ms. Wang refused to give up her beliefs and held a hunger strike to protest the detention, the police force fed her. A tall and heavy policewoman sat on Ms. Wang's lower body and dislocated Ms. Wang's right arm. The police then inserted a very thick feeding tube down to her trachea. Ms. Wang struggled with all her strength and rolled on the floor to try and prevent the police from feeding liquids into her lungs.

After every force feeding, Ms. Wang's face became swollen and her nose bled.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.