(Minghui.org) Mr. Wang Wenchang and four other Falun Gong practitioners from Henan Province submitted their criminal complaints from May 20 to May 23, 2015, to the Supreme Procuratorate against former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin.

The complaints accused Jiang of initiating the persecution of Falun Gong and manipulating state power to persecute Falun Gong practitioners.

The complaints also charge Jiang with flouting the law and trampling the basic human right to freedom of belief.

The practitioners are Mr. Wang Wenchang, Ms. Yang Xiuying, Mr. Zhang Yuanheng, Ms. Gao Fengwu, and Ms. Han Aiyu.

Mr. Wang Wenchang's Personal Account

My parents were persecuted to death, because they refused to renounce their belief in Falun Gong after the persecution started in July 1999. My wife and I were detained and sentenced to forced labor camps. We were taken to a brainwashing center after being released from the labor camp.

I nearly died as a result of the horrid conditions and torture in the camp. My two children lost the opportunity to go to school because I was a Falun Gong practitioner.

I was held in the Gongyi City Detention Center for 6 months because I got caught reading one of Mr. Li Hongzhi's lectures. I was later sent to a forced labor camp for a year because I wouldn't give up practicing Falun Gong.

No matter how terribly they tortured me in the labor camp, I did not renounce my belief. So, after I completed my sentence, I was taken to the Gongyi Drug Rehabilitation Center, where I developed high blood pressure and had a heart attack.

I was later taken to the forced labor camp again. This time it was supposed to be for 2 years, but the labor camp authorities wouldn't accept me due to my poor health, so I was taken back to the drug rehabilitation center.

I lost consciousness and suffered a bad fall back in the drug rehab center. The doctor there injected me with unknown drugs, which made me unable to eat anything. I was on the brink of death.

The staff from the local 610 Office didn't want to take any responsibility for my impending death, so I was released.

I began to do the exercises after returning home and soon recovered. Staff from the 610 Office started to harass me frequently. To avoid further persecution, my wife and I had to leave home.

Mr. Zhang Yuanheng Recounts His Suffering

I was arrested many times and sentenced three times for 10 years in total after Jiang Zemin started the persecution of Falun Gong.

I set out for Beijing to appeal for the right to practice in July 2000 but was arrested on my way there. I was held in the Gongyi Detention Center for nearly four months.

I was arrested again in February 2001, taken to the local brainwashing center, and held for two months. My family was forced to pay the police 4,000 yuan.

I was later sentenced to one year at the Baimiao Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City. My sentence was extended by three months because I refused to give up my belief.

When I completed my sentence, I was taken to the Gongyi Drug Rehabilitation Center for three months. After that, I was sentenced to one year of forced labor again.

I was severely tortured and abused in the camp. Guards kicked me, punched me, and used electric batons to shock me routinely.

I was released in August 2003, but was taken straight to the 339 Brainwashing Center.

I was arrested again in September 2004 and held at the Yanshi City Detention Center for nearly 10 months. I was badly beaten and eventually sentenced to seven years in the Zhengzhou Prison in Xinmi City.

Two Coworkers

Both Ms. Yang Xiuying and Ms. Gao Fengwu worked for Kaipu Company in Henan Province. In the beginning of 2001, the company gathered all of its employees who practiced Falun Gong at a hotel for a three-day brainwashing session.

After the session, both Ms. Yang and Ms. Gao were taken straight to the Gongyi City Detention Center and held for 48 days.

The two women were detained together again in March 2004 when their employer held another brainwashing session.

Ms. Gao was detained two more times, in August 2003 and December 2005. The authorities ran slanderous stories about her on print media and TV following her 2003 arrest.

Ms. Yang was arrested again on July 19, 2011, and given one year of forced labor.

Ms. Han Aiyu

Ms. Han was held at a local brainwashing center for about a month in 2002. Two years later, she was arrested again and detained for 15 days. In 2006, she was arrested for a third time and sent to the Dengfeng Detention Center, where she was incarcerated for two years.

During Ms. Han's detention, her husband divorced her due to the intense pressure. There was no one to look after her daughters and baby son.

Ms. Han was severely beaten and kicked in the detention center. The local police also ransacked her home.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners over the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the 610 Office, on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.