(Minghui.org) I am an elderly Falun Dafa practitioner who began to practice Falun Dafa in 1996. In the following year I faced a difficult test of my faith and through it my family witnessed the healing power of Falun Dafa.

I came down with a sore throat in 1997. I thought it might be tonsillitis, and it only got worse as the days went by. I could not eat, drink and could barely breathe. Eventually I could no longer talk.

I knew that I experienced this for a reason and therefore did not take any medication or go to a hospital. I just kept studying the Falun Dafa books and did the exercises. I was getting weaker by the day and I had not eaten or drunk anything for about four days.

Due to my family's insistence, I went to the hospital. The doctor removed two walnut-sized lumps. I thought everything would be fine, but the growth grew back that night.

Refusing Further Medical Intervention

I understood that I had had failed to fully put my trust in the Dafa principles. Therefore, the lumps grew back. I realized it was a test and I looked inside for my shortcomings. I was determined to pass the test.

I continued to study the Dafa books. My family urged me to return to the hospital, but I refused.

My situation did not improve, and I believe it was because I was too impatient. On the seventh day, I was in a dire situation. Out of the blue, my sister encouraged me to try hard to make a sound.

I suddenly had the thought that her saying this was actually a hint from Master Li [the founder of Falun Dafa], so I shouted with all my strength. Although there was no sound, I felt it opened my throat a little. It felt as if a sharp knife cut my throat.

I then coughed up four blood clots, and later another three of them, which were full of a thick, white substance. This white substance had covered the back of my throat and caused me to struggle for breath. This is generally a symptom of Diphtheria.

However, after that, my family and friends watched in amazement as I got better and better and returned to complete health!