(Minghui.org) Not long after the persecution of Falun Gong in China began, I traveled to Beijing with a number of my fellow practitioners to publicly appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. It was in June of the year 2000. Like thousands of others at the time, I was arrested and taken to the county detention center.

After 4 months in detention, a big lump grew between my neck and jaw, but the doctor in the county hospital refused to deal with it. I was then transferred to a labor camp where I was forbidden to study the Falun Gong books or do the exercises.

The lump grew even bigger. It was later diagnosed as lymphoma, cancer of the lymph system, a part of the immune system.

I recalled Master's words:

“If you do not care and do not put them on your mind, with the master and the Fa here what is there to fear? As long as the green mountains remain, there is no fear of having no firewood to burn. Ignore them! Once you give them up, you will find that the tribulations have become smaller and you have become bigger. You will overcome them in one step, and the tribulations will become nothing. It is guaranteed to be this way.” (“Lecture in Sydney”)

The labor camp officials advised surgery, but I refused. Three months later, they asked my local police station to pick me up, but they refused. I was then released and my family took me to the hospital. The doctors said that the cancer cells had spread to my armpits and told me to have an operation. I believed that only Falun Gong could help me at this point, deciding not to undergo surgery.

Lump Disappeared

I didn't want to cause more concern for my family, so I suggested we go home to make arrangements. At home, I worked during the day, studied Falun Gong books in the morning and evening, and practiced the Falun Gong exercises.

My relatives were worried and checked on me every day. They kept feeling the lump on my neck and noticed that it was getting smaller by the day. After about two weeks, the lump had disappeared. My relatives and neighbors witnessed this.

Government officials in our town wanted to turn my recovery into a propaganda opportunity, so they put together an article about my poor health, saying that they were concerned about me, and crediting the hospital for my miraculous recovery. They asked me to tell the public the same story, but I tore up the article. I told them it was Falun Gong that restored my health and that I will be forever grateful to the practice.

I have benefited tremendously from the practice of Falun Gong. I never attended school and grew up illiterate, yet I can now read the Falun Gong books.

I want everyone to know that I will continue to practice Falun Gong, to read Falun Gong books, do the exercises, and do all the things that I should do as a Falun Gong practitioner during this time of persecution in China.