(Minghui.org) My husband and I went to Beijing in 2000 to petition the central government after it started the nationwide persecution of Falun Gong. We held up a banner that said “Falun Dafa is Good” on Tiananmen Square.

After we returned home, the police sought my husband, so he left home to avoid arrest. He was later captured in another city.

Arrested for Trying to Rescue My Husband

Because of my efforts to rescue my husband, the police arrested me at home. I refused to go with them and told them to stop persecuting Falun Gong.

The police dragged me out into the yard and beat me. They made me kneel, held my arms, and stepped on my legs to take a picture. I tried to resist.

One officer burned me with a cigarette until another officer said that that would not hurt me and told him to stop. It was true, because I did not feel any pain. I knew that Master was protecting me.

Rectifying the Environment in the Detention Center

I was taken to a detention center, where I refused to follow orders. I recited the Fa, sent forth righteous thoughts, and shared experiences with fellow practitioners all day long.

The guards moved me from cell to cell to keep me away from other practitioners. I talked to the guards about Falun Gong and told them that I had not given my name because I did not want them to do anything bad against Falun Gong, that they would only be harming themselves.

They tried to tell me that another practitioner had given them my name. I remained calm and insisted that I had done nothing wrong. I said, “My fellow practitioners can tell you my name, because they're afraid you'll torture them. I don't blame them.”

Several guards threatened me the next day and said that they wanted to make me suffer. In my mind, no one was truly against Falun Gong, so I said that they did not really want to harm me. Their hostility disappeared. The guard who appeared the most vicious could not help but laugh and listen to what I had to say.

I wrote many letters to the chiefs and guards of the detention center and told them not to persecute Falun Gong. They indeed read the letters and stopped abusing practitioners.

When I handed the last letter to the chief, I told him that this was my last letter to him. To my surprise, he said that my brother had come to see me.

The night before I was released, a thunderbolt cracked right over the detention center. It broke the windows, and all the lights went out, leaving the guards in a panic.

My Husband Released

After I was released, many of my friends and relatives told me to divorce my husband because I had not heard from him in so long. They thought that I did everything for him out of affection.

I said, “I am a cultivator. What I'm doing is not out of any affection. I will never leave him no matter how hard things get. I will keep my promise and stay with him.”

I later learned where he was imprisoned. I wrote a report about him to Minghui and documented his case in truth-clarification materials I distributed.

I sent him letters, which the prison authorities gave him. He regained his courage and was soon released.