Additional Persecution News from China – February 9, 2015 (12 Reports)
(Minghui.org) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 11 cities or counties in 7 provinces. According to this report, 40 Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 7 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Fuyang City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Xianyu and Her Son Detained2. [Jingyuan County, Gansu Province] Ms. Li Fenglan and Another Practitioner Arrested3. [Zhangqiu City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Peilan Detained4. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Zhu Chunmei Faces Trial5. [Tailai County, Heilongjiang Province] Partial List of Practitioners Held in Tailai Prison6. [Tongcheng County, Hubei Province] Ms. Zuo Qing'e Taken to Detention Center7. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Zuona Taken to Prison8. [Yongchang County, Gansu Province] Ms. Zhang Shumei Prosecuted9. [Xinyu City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhang Jinglian Sentenced to Three Years in Prison10. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Li Sentenced to Three and a Half Years in Prison11. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhou Jiyao Detained12. [Greater Khinggan Range, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Li Yushu's Home Ransacked
1. [Fuyang City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Xianyu and Her Son Detained
Ms. Xianyu and her son, Mr. Zhang Yibiao, from Fuyang City, were arrested by officers from the Fuyang City Domestic Security Division on December 29, 2014. They are being held in the Fuyang City Detention Center. Ms. Xianyu has been force-fed drugs. Her teeth were damaged and her face swelled.
2. [Jingyuan County, Gansu Province] Ms. Li Fenglan and Another Practitioner Arrested
Officers from the Dongwan Police Station arrested Ms. Li Fenglan and another practitioner, surname Xu, who is over 50, for distributing Shen Yun Performing Arts DVDs in Dongwan Town, Jingyuan County, Baiyin City, on February 5, 2015. They are now being held in the Jingyuan County Detention Center.
Parties involved in persecuting them:Zhu (朱), chief of the Jingyuan County Police Department: +86-15109438678Zhang (张) chief of the Jingyuan County Police Department: +86-13893080689Hao Jun (郝军), head of the Domestic Security Division: +86-15109438616
3. [Zhangqiu City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Peilan Detained
Ms. Li Peilan from Zhangqiu City was arrested on October 10, 2014, by officers from the Caishi Township Police Station, while she was talking to people about Falun Gong in Caishi Township in the Licheng District of Jinan City. She was transferred to the Zhonggong Detention Center after being held in a lockup center for 15 days. The police sent in paperwork to the Procuratorate to aid in framing her, but her case was returned due to insufficient evidence. The Caishi Township Police Station is now fabricating more evidence to put her in prison.
Parties involved in the persecution:Zhang Maomin (张茂民), political head of the Caishi Township Police Station: +86-15505317868Qin Shiming (秦世明), director of the Caishi Township Police Station: +86-15505311228Lu Duoming (吕多明), deputy director of the Caishi Township Police Station: +86-15505318069
4. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Zhu Chunmei Faces Trial
Ms. Zhu Chunmei from Wuhan City was arrested on August 26, 2013, by over a dozen officers from the Hanjianglu Police Station and the Zhangwang District Police Department, which is affiliated with the Shiyan City Police Department. The paperwork for her arrest was officially approved on October 30, 2013, and she was taken to the Shiyan Detention Center. The Zhangwang District Police Department failed to put Ms. Zhu on trial after several attempts. The police department has scheduled another trial for her in February 2015.
5. [Tailai County, Heilongjiang Province] Partial List of Practitioners Held in Tailai Prison
Partial list of practitioners held in Tailai Prison:Mr. Fu Pengchong, Ms. Wang Lansheng from Jixi City, Mr. Wu Yuanlong from Qiqihar, Mr. Xing Yanliang from Qiqihar, Mr. Xu Wenlong from Mudanjiang City, Mr. Liu Hongjun from Daqing City, Mr. Zheng Hongjun from Daqing City, Mr. Yang Shouchen from Qiqihar Reclamation Bureau, Mr. Jia Fenglin from Tailai County, Mr. Wei Changfeng from Morin Dawa Daur Autonomous Banner of Inner Mongolia, Mr. Meng Qingguo, Mr. Ye Liangjun from Yichun City, Mr. Wang Xilai, Mr. Li Zhanqi from Yian County, Mr. Zhang Huabin from the Nianzishan District, Mr. Ju Zhiyuan, Ms. Han Li from Harbin City, Mr. Zhang Xiaoguang from Qiqihar, Mr. Zhang Haitao from Jixi City, Mr. Zhang Baoquan from Harbin City, Mr. Wang Hongzhou from Paotaitun Area of Qiqihar, Mr. Sun Fuyuan, Mr. Liu Fubin from Taikang County, Mr. Yang Liguang form Bin County, Ms. Li Qi from Qiqihar, Mr. Xu Shengli, Mr. Bai Shizhong from Keshan Farm affiliated with the No. 93 Bureau, Mr. Bai Shouchen, and Mr. Song Anyu from Qiqihar.
Practitioners held in the Infrastructure Team:Mr. Zhao Wenshan from the Fularji District, Mr. Sun Xisheng, retired, and Mr. Li Debao.
6. [Tongcheng County, Hubei Province] Ms. Zuo Qing‘e Taken to Detention Center
Ms. Zuo Qing’e from Juanshui Town, Tongcheng County, was reported to the police on the afternoon of February 7, 2015, for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. She was arrested by officers from the Juanshui Town Police Station, and transferred to the County Domestic Security Division that evening. She is being held in the Tongcheng County Detention Center.
Parties involved in the persecution of Ms. Zuo:Juanshui Town Police Station: +86-715-4322720Tongcheng County Police Department: +86-715-4331110Domestic Security Division: +86-715-4322491Tongcheng County Detention Center: +86-715-4359564
7. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Zuona Taken to Prison
Ms. Liu Zuona from Dalian City was taken to the Liaoning Women's Prison on January 27, 2015.
Ms. Liu was arrested on February 28, 2014. She was tried on July 24 and sentenced to four years in prison.
8. [Yongchang County, Gansu Province] Ms. Zhang Shumei Prosecuted
Ms. Zhang Shumei from Yongchang County, Jinchang City, was arrested by officers from the local Domestic Security Division in October 2014, for distributing Falun Gong informational materials. The officers ransacked her home. Two days later she was released on bail.
The Yongchang County Police Department issued her a notice on February 6, 2015, stating that her case would be transferred to the Yongchang County Procuratorate to be investigated and prosecuted on February 9, 2015.
Parties involved in the persecution of Ms. Zhang:Yongchang County Domestic Security Division: +86-935-7521437Deputy secretary of the Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-935-7525755, +86-935-7524033
9. [Xinyu City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhang Jinglian Sentenced to Three Years in Prison
Ms. Zhang Jinglian was reported to the police for talking to people about Falun Gong. She was arrested, held in a detention center, and later sentenced to a three-year prison term by the Yushui District Court. She was taken to the Xinjian County Detention Center in Nanchang City on the morning of February 5, 2015.
10. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Li Sentenced to Three and a Half Years in Prison
Ms. Wang Li from the Jinzhou District of Dalian City was arrested by the Yongzheng Police Station on November 10, 2013, for telling people about Falun Gong. She was held in the Jinnanlu Drug Rehabilitation Center, and held a hunger strike to protest. She was able to leave the facility 15 days later.
She was again arrested by the Zhongchang Police Station on March 16, 2014, for telling people about Falun Gong. She was sentenced to three and a half years in prison, and is being held in the Shenyang City Women's Prison.
11. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhou Jiyao Detained
Mr. Zhou Jiyao is being held in the Huludao City Detention Center.
12. [Greater Khingan Range, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Li Yushu's Home Ransacked
Four officers from the Amuer Forestry Bureau Police Department broke into Ms. Li Yushu's home on the morning of February 4, 2015, and conducted a search. They took pictures and confiscated over 40 Falun Gong books, a picture of the Falun Gong founder, a recorder, two cell phones, over 20 copies of Minghui Weekly, Shen Yun Performing Arts DVDs, DVDs of Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party, software, amulets, and other items. The officers attempted but failed to arrest Ms. Li.