(Minghui.org) The persecution of Falun Gong in China has broken up many families, including Mr. Yang Feng's. For more than 10 years, his family has been harassed, monitored, arrested, detained, and tortured for their belief.

Mr. Yang, his wife, mother, and mother-in-law were all arrested again in July 2014. His mother was released after she suffered a heart attack, while Mr. Yang, his wife, and mother-in-law are still held in a detention center.

Recent Arrest

To avoid further persecution, Mr. Yang and his mother, Ms. Feng Zhihong, were forced to leave their home in Weifang City and go to Jinan City, where they worked odd jobs to make ends meet.

The police in Weifang City tracked down Mr. Yang and arrested him on July 1, 2014, along with officers from Jinan City.

The next day, Huang Jian, the head of the Domestic Security Division of the Tianqiao Police Department, and about a dozen officers arrested Ms. Feng. The police confiscated her cash, a cell phone, an ID card, and keys. They also took two laptops, a computer, a printer, and 1,000 yuan.

Mr. Yang and Ms. Feng were taken to the Daqiao Town Police Station and interrogated until 11:00 p.m. They were later transferred to the Dikou Road Police Station. Yang Nan (police ID: 010164) was in charge of the police station.

Mother and son were confined in two separate small cells. Ms. Feng then suffered a heart attack and lost consciousness, but she was still taken to the Zhonggong Detention Center with Mr. Yang on July 3, 2014.

Ms. Feng was released on August 2, 2014, due to her poor health. At home, she was closely monitored 24/7. When she went to see her daughter-in-law, who was in a detention center in Weifang City, deputy head Liu of the Dikou Road Police Station, called her and ordered her to return to Jinan.

Back in Jinan City, Ms. Feng was taken to the basement of the Dikou Road Police Station and her blood was drawn without her consent. It is speculated that her blood was taken to be tested to see if she was a match for organ harvesting.

When Ms. Feng reprimanded the police for their illegal actions, Yang Nan shouted, "I am only doing my job! My superiors order me to do this. Even it is a crime, they are the criminals, not me."

Ms. Chen and Ms. Yu's Arrest

Mr. Yang's mother-in-law, Ms. Yu Guifang, was arrested on the night of July 2, 2014, and taken to the Zhonggong Detention Center. She is now in critical condition.

Mr. Yang's wife, Ms. Chen Bingnan, was arrested in Weifang on the morning of July 3 and taken to the Weifang Detention Center.

It seemed that the arrests of Mr. Yang and his family members had been planned ahead of time. When Ms. Chen was arrested, head of the Domestic Security Division Huang Jian said, "All of Yang Feng's family members will be arrested!"

Daughter Left on Her Own

Mr. Yang's daughter, Yang Zhichun, is 14 years old. She has had a difficult childhood due to the constant persecution of her parents and grandparents. Her father lost his job in 2000 because of his belief in Falun Gong, and he was forced to take up odd jobs in another city to take care of his family. Her father was arrested when she was only 3 years old.

She was separated from her mother and grandmother when they both got arrested in 2008. Now, both of her parents and her maternal grandmother are in a detention center.


Mr. Yang, 45, grew up in Qihe County, Dezhou City, Shandong Province. He went to school at the Weifang Information and Engineering Institute and taught there after he graduated. Mr. Yang was respected and well liked by his students and colleagues. The teaching materials he edited are still being used by students today.

He and Ms. Chen married in 1998. She was an accountant at Weifang Construction Bank.

Mr. Yang went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong in April 2000 and was fired from his job as a result.

He took an advanced training class at Shandong University in 2003, but was arrested and taken to the Weifang Brainwashing Center.

When Ms. Feng went to visit him at the brainwashing center, she was illegally detained by Fu Jinbin, head of the brainwashing center, in order to try to force Mr. Yang to denounce Falun Gong.

Ms. Feng then called 110 to report the incident to the police, but they ignored her complaint. Fu Jinbin said, "You even called 110? We work together to deal with you folks!"