(Minghui.org) Ms. Zhou Yafang, a Falun Gong practitioner from Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province, was illegally tried again on the morning of October 25 by the Chaoyang City Court, Liaoning Province. The proceedings were adjourned without any verdict, just as it happened at the first trial on June 16, 2015.

Under existing Chinese law, the court must notify the defendant no less than three days before a trial. The Chaoyang City Court notified Ms. Zhou on the morning of the trial. Ms. Zhou refused to sign the notification, because the court broke the law.

The trial started at 11:00 a.m. The judge introduced eight pieces of evidence, such as the ownership of a copy machine, ink cartridge, laser-jet toner, flash drive, cell phone sims card, pins and staplers. The judge emphasized that all the evidence was confiscated by the police and the defendant acknowledged that they were personal possessions. In addition, he stated that Ms. Zhou's attorney also acknowledged it.

Ms. Zhou's Attorney’s Statement

“I have been Ms. Zhou's defense attorney since the beginning of this case. I never acknowledged that those items belonged to my client. The crime that my client is charged with has never taken place. In addition, the court did not show this evidence during the first trial. You present this evidence five months after the first trial,” said the attorney.

He continued, “Moreover, copy machines and accessories are legal possessions and very common things among the populace. Using those things are accorded to all citizens under the freedom and right acts, and are protected by law. It is ridiculous to use those as evidence of a crime.”

“The court intentionally hid the trial date from my client. This clearly broke the law and undermined law enforcement. I will appeal to upper level authorities about your crimes of falsifying evidence to frame my client and undermining law enforcement while enforcing the law. The court clerk's falsified court record is a solid evidence of your crime.”

Ms. Zhou's Defense Statement

“The Lingyuan City domestic security division, procuratorate, court and Chaoyang City Court conspired in order to falsify evidence to frame me,” Ms. Zhou said.

“As law enforcement, you also have children, brothers and sisters. If they were framed, what would you think? What drove you to persecute me? How many bribes did you receive from Chen Zhi of the Lingyuan City domestic security division? I will file criminal complaints against you with the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate.”

“I believe good will be rewarded with good and evil will receive retribution. You will eventually receive retribution for your crimes of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.”

Second Trial Adjourned

The court was quiet and no one interrupted her. After she finished, the judge announced the trial was adjourned and left the court room with an awkward and helpless look.

Attorney Pleaded Not Guilty

Ms. Zhou was arrested on November 14, 2014 by officers from the Beilu Town Police Station and has been detained at the Chaoyang Detention Center since then. She was illegally tried by the Lingyuan City Court on June 16, 2015 the first time. Her attorney pleaded not guilty on her behalf and pointed out that all the evidence presented was untenable under existing Chinese law, and the police officers and the procuratorate undermined law enforcement. The proceedings were adjourned. The details of the first trial is available at http://en.minghui.org/html/articles/2015/7/12/151504.html.