(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from many practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the practitioners whose copies of lawsuits were received by Minghui on November 16 to 18, 2015.

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Three of the four cases covered in this report involved brutal torture of the victims, two of them respected doctors. Another victim suffered detention and interrogation when she was 15 years old.

Mr. Shao Chengluo (邵承洛)

Profession: Doctor of Chinese MedicineHometown: Qingdao City, Shandong ProvinceDate filed: August 14, 2015

Key FactsMr. Shao was given three years of force labor on June 8, 2001. He was detained in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp between September 11 and December 20 of the same year. He suffered innumerable tortures there—beatings, forced to stand for long periods, made to sit on a tiny stool, being handcuffed to a bed, and having legs tied in a sitting meditation position.

He was brutally forced-fed many times. Inmates were ordered to place him in a chair, handcuff his hands behind his back, and push him back so that his upper body was stretched to an extremely painful position. A device was put inside his mouth to keep it pried open. His torturers inserted a tube and pushed it down to his stomach, pulling it back and forth to elicit more pain. At times, the tube was left in after the feeding.

He was detained beyond his term and finally released on July 15, 2004.

Mr. Shao was arrested again on May 12, 2006 and sentenced to seven years at Shandong Province Prison. There inmates tortured in a variety of ways. They poked him with sewing needles, hit his ribs with wooden sticks, jammed sharp wooden sticks under his fingernails, beat him with the leg of a stool, slapped him with shoes, and twisted his arms. He was made to move around on his belly. They broke his ribs and arms. They tied his hands and legs together and placed him on a stool turned upside down.

He was savagely beaten for six hours on April 26, 2009, to the point where he was on the verge of death. The beating damaged his spinal column and broke a finger.

When Mr. Shao was released on May 11, 2013, he was emaciated and unable to walk. He had not been unable to eat for ten days. Mr. Shao's spine still has not healed.

Related Report(s)Falun Dafa Practitioner Shao Chengluo Severely Tortured in Shandong Province PrisonAfter Five Years of Illegal Imprisonment, Practitioner Shao Chengluo, a Doctor of Chinese Medicine from Shandong, Is Critically IllMr. Shao Chengluo Suffers Various Tortures in Shandong Province Prison

Details of complaint in Chinese

Ms. Yang Mei (杨眉)

Profession: UnknownHometown: Hebei ProvinceDate filed: August 10, 2015

Key FactsMs. Yang Mei followed her mother and older sister's footsteps and began to practice Falun Gong in 1998 when she was 13 years old.

After the persecution of Falun Gong began two years later, she went to Beijing with her mother and sister to appeal for justice for Falun Gong at the end of June, 2000. The three of them were arrested on June 30.

The police interrogated her to try to get information from her. They threatened that she would be expelled from her high school.

Ms. Yang did not waver. She spent her sixteenth birthday in the detention center and was released a month later.

Police made good on the threat and Ms. Yang was expelled. Her father was able to have her come to school to keep up with her classes, but she was not registered as a regular student. Students and teachers made her life difficult. Police harassed her at school. She finally found another high school so that she could file for college admission.

Ms. Yang's mother was arrested three times. She was tortured to the verge of death during her second detention. Her sister was fired from her job after she was released from their Beijing arrests. The whole family has suffered tremendously in the past 15 years.

Details of complaint in Chinese

Ms. Duan Xiaoying (段小英)

Profession: Middle school English teacherHometown: Chenzhou City, Hunan ProvinceDate filed: July 30, 2015

Key FactsMs. Duan Xiaoying was arrested on October 20, 1999 while on her way to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. Her home was ransacked two days later. She was detained for 18 days and was fired from her school after she was released.

Ms. Duan was arrested again on November 6, 2000. She was brutally beaten and then sent to the Chenzhou City Second Detention Center on the same night.

At the detention center, after she went on a hunger strike with other practitioners, she was pushed to the ground and brutally force fed on January, 2, 2001.

Inmates pinched her nose closed while a bamboo tube was pushed down her throat. The tube went into her lungs. She choked and coughed as the torturers poured porridge into her lungs. The officials at the center became concerned, as the violent coughing continued and her heart raced. They released her on January 10.

Nine days later, the police arrested her again and sent her to a forced labor camp on January 19, 2001. She was tortured by being hung up, deprived of sleep, and shocked with an electric baton. The forced feeding has caused her to cough up blood since April 2001. Her right lung was also failing. She was released on August 25.

Ms. Duan was taken to the brainwashing center in May of 2003 and detained for 15 days.

She was sent to the forced labor camp a second time on October 29, 2004 for 18 months. She was not released when her term ended. Instead, she was taken to a room on May 9, 2006 and detained there for six days before she was released. She was given intensive brainwashing using videos defaming Falun Gong.

Details of complaint in Chinese

Ms. Zhai Jinping (翟金萍)

Profession: DoctorHometown: Taian City, Shandong ProvinceDate filed: August 5, 2015

Key FactsMs. Zhai was arrested three times in the past 15 years.

She was given three years of forced labor after her first arrest on October 5, 2000. She suffered brutal torture during detention including long-time hanging, electric shocks, beatings, brainwashing, and brutal forced-feeding. She was released in September, 2002. She was fired from her job four months after her arrest.

During the eight days of detention after her arrest on November 22, 2003, she was injected with nerve-damaging drugs and brutally forced-fed.

Ms. Zhai was arrested on July 20, 2008 for a third time and was again given three years of forced labor. She was put in solitary confinement for all three years and forced to sit for hours and hours on a small stool, deprived of sleep and the restroom, and forcibly given an unknown drug.

Related Report(s)Zhai Jinping, a Physician in Shandong Province, Persecuted for Her Belief

Details of complaint in Chinese


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.