Zibo, Shandong Province: Officials Retaliate Against Nearly 100 Practitioners for Filing Lawsuits Against Jiang Zemin
(Minghui.org) Close to a hundred Falun Gong practitioners from Shandong Province received unexpected visits at home or work, or were summoned to police stations, for filling criminal complaints against Jiang Zemin, the former head of the Chinese Communist regime.
Among those harassed, at least 28 practitioners were arrested and 12 were detained. One practitioner has had to move from place to place to avoid arrest. Further information is under investigation.
Police asked practitioners during the interrogation about who assisted them in writing the complaints or whether they still practice Falun Gong. Police tried to force them to renounce Falun Gong and sign guarantee statements to that effect.
Practitioners' homes were ransacked, personal belongings confiscated, and money extorted from their families. Blood samples were also taken from some practitioners.
Below is a brief recap of selected practitioners.
1. Ms. Wang Xiufeng and Ms. Wang XiurongZhang Yong, deputy director, and several police officers from the Hongshan Town Police Station, Zichuan District, Zibo City, arrested Ms. Wang Xiufeng at her workplace and Ms. Wang Xiurong at home on September 22, 2015. Police asked who wrote their complaints, who contacted them, and whether they still practiced Falun Gong. Police tried to force them to give up Falun Gong and demanded that they sign the interrogation documents.
Zhang Yong and two police officers went to Ms. Wang Xiufeng's home in Jiezhuang Village, Hongshan Town the next morning. They talked to Wang's mother Che Xifen and asked whether she knew about the lawsuit and whether Ms. Wang still practiced Falun Gong. They demanded that she sign the investigation record.
Zhang Yong and another police officer went again to Ms. Wang Xiufeng's home on October 22, 2015, to harass her and her family.
2. Ms. Yang XiuzhiPolice from the Chengnan Police Station, Zichuan District and staff from the security section of the Zibo Electric Porcelain Factory harassed Ms. Yang Xiuzi on October 20, 2015, because she filed a criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin.
3. Ms. Zhang XiuyingZhang Yong and several police officers went to Pujia Village, Hongshan Town on October 16, 2015. They took Ms. Zhang Xiuying to the police station. Ms. Zhang was transferred to the Zibo City Detention Center in the afternoon.
4. Mr. Zhai NaijieSix police officers from the Zhaili Town Police Station, Zichuan District arrested Mr. Zhai Naijie from Xizhou Village on October 15, 2015. He was transferred to the Zichuan District Detention Center.
5. Ms. Li QinZhang Yong and several police officers, including Gao Bing, went to Donggong Village and arrested Ms. Li Qin on October 14, 2015. They confiscated Ms. Li's key to her home and then ransacked her home. They confiscated two Falun Gong books, calendars with information about Falun Gong, and one MP3 player, among other personal items. In the afternoon, Ms. Li Qin was taken to the Zibo Detention Center. They extorted more than 200 yuan from her family.
6. Mr. Dong ChangchuanPolice from the Zhaili Town Police Station, Zichuan District arrested Mr. Dong Changchuan on October 13, 2015. Mr. Dong was taken to the Zichuan District Detention Center.
7. Ms. Zhang Xiulan, Ms. Sun Fengmei, Ms. Bai Jiacheng, and Ms. Sun HonglianMs. Zhang Xiulan, Ms. Sun Fengmei, Ms. Bai Jiacheng, and Ms. Sun Honglian are from Liaowu Village, Zhaili Town, Zichuan District. Their criminal complaints against Jiang were confiscated by the post office and turned over to the town police station. Police demanded that they come to the police station for interrogation on October 12, 2015. Their homes were ransacked.
8. Zhang Runling and Zhai NaihuiZhang Runling and Zhai Naihui from Zichuan District were arrested on September 24, 2015, by police from the Taihe Police Station, Zichuan District.
9. Mr. Wang JiaxiangMr. Wang Jiaxiang, Xisheng Village, Hongshan Town, was arrested in September 2015. He was taken to the Hongshan Town Police Station for interrogation. He was forced to sign documents and then released.
10. Mr. Zhang QirenZhang Yong and two police officers arrested Mr. Zhang Qiren from Jiezhuang Village on September 23, 2015. Police demanded he provide information about his complaint against Jiang. Mr. Zhang was then released.
11. Ms. Si LanyingZhang Yong and four police officers went to Ms. Si Lanying's home on September 23, 2015. They ransacked her home and confiscated all Falun Gong books, photos of the Falun Gong founder, MP3 players, and some other personal belongings. Ms. Si was arrested and taken to the police station where she was interrogated about her lawsuit against Jiang. They forced her to give a blood sample and sign the interrogation documents. She was later released.
12. Ms. Gao Huashang and Ms. Zhang GuilanPolice from the Hongshan Town Police Station ransacked the homes of Ms. Gao Huashang and Ms. Zhang Guilan in Beigong Village on September 22, 2015.
13. Ms. Gao GuilianSeveral police officers arrested Ms. Gao Guilian at her workplace on September 21, 2015. They took her to her home, ransacked it, and then took her to the police station. She was questioned about her lawsuit against Jiang. They demanded she give up Falun Gong and sign a guaranteed statement. They released her.
14. Ms. Wang CuizhenPolice from the Hongshan Town Police Station broke into Ms. Wang Cuizhen's home around September 21 and ransacked it. She was not at home.
15. Ms. Zhu LingPolice from the Xiguan Police Station, Zichuan District broke into Ms. Zhu Ling's home on September 18, 2015. They ransacked her home and confiscated an MP3 player, a cell phone, some currency, and other personal items. Ms. Zhu was not at home and is staying away from her home to avoid being arrested.
16. Mr. Pu XianhuPolice from the Hongshan Police Station broke into Mr. Pu Xianhu's home in Pujia Village on September 15, 2015. Mr. Pu escaped. They ransacked his home and confiscated CDs and lawsuit materials against Jiang.
17. Ms. Zhang XiucuiMs. Zhang Xiucui, in her 60s, was arrested on September 15, 2015, while working at the jade store she owned in Zichuan District. Police from the Banyanglu Police Station took her to the Zibo Detention Center. They extorted 2,000 yuan before they released her on September 30.
18. Mr. Li YuzhouMr. Li Yuzhou worked at the River Administration Division, Zichuan District. Because his lawsuit materials were intercepted, police from the Banyanglu Police Station arrested him at his work place on September 14, 2015. He was taken to the Zichuan District Detention Center. They extorted 5,000 yuan before they released him on September 29. He is facing trial.
19. Ms. Yang XiuzhiThree police officers from the Chengnan Police Station, Zichuan District and two staff members from the Zibo Electric Porcelain Factory broke into Ms. Yang Xiuzhi's home on September 3, 2015. They demanded she provide the names of those who helped her write and mail her complaints against Jiang. They videotaped her, ransacked her home, and confiscated Falun Gong books and photos of the Falun Gong founder.
20. Falun Gong Practitioners in Kunlun Town, Zichuan DistrictPolice from the Zichuan District Police Department, the domestic security division, 610 Office, and Kunlun Police Station harassed Falun Gong practitioners in Kunlun Town. They ransacked the practitioners' homes and illegally detained them.
Mr. Sun Jiwei from Kunlun Town is detained in the Zichuan Detention Center.
21. Ten Practitioners from Taihe Town, Zichuan DistrictTen practitioners from Taihe Town, Zichuan District were arrested by police from the Taihe Police Station at the beginning of September 2015 because they mailed complaints against Jiang Zemin.
The practitioners include Ms. Zhang Xingfen, Ms. Zhang Guihua, Mr. Xu Zongjing, Ms. Liu Cuihua, Ms. Hou Benying, Mr. Xu Xiucheng, Ms. Zhang Weixiang, Ms. Li Zongying, Ms. Zhang Runling, and Mr. Zhai Naihui.
They were also forced to give blood samples.
20. Ms. Liu Shouzhi, Mr. Li Xingrong, Mr. Li Xianxin, and Ms. Zhang Xiangyun
Police from the Songlinglu Police Station broke into Ms. Liu Shouzhi's home on August 31, 2015. They arrested Ms. Liu Shouzhi, her husband Li Xingrong, their son Li Xianxin, and Ms. Zhang Xiangyun. They ransacked the house and confiscated a printer, two satellite TV receivers, Falun Gong informational materials, photos of the Falun Gong founder, and other personal belongings.
Mr. Li Xingrong and their son were released on September 30. An arrest warrant was issued for Ms. Liu Shouzhi. Ms. Zhang Xiangyun is still detained in Zibo City Detention Center.
21. Mr. Song MugangPolice from the Taihe Police Station and the Zichuan District Police Department came to Mr. Song Mugang's home on July 31, 2015, and demanded to know if he had sued Jiang Zemin. They ransacked his home and arrested him. He was taken to the Zibo City Detention Center.
In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other members of the Politburo Standing Committee and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.
The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners over the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.
Under his personal direction, the communist regime established an extralegal security organization, the 610 Office, on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.
Chinese law permits its citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.
Participants in the persecution of the above mentioned practitioners:
Li Li (李黎), head, Zichuan District 610 Office: +86-13053386662, +86-533-5181283Gao Fang (高方), head, Zichuan District Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-13906435399, +86-533-5163808(o)Wu Chuanhai (武传海), head, Zichuan District Police Department: +86-13506433378Li Yelu (李业路), head, Zichuan District Domestic Security Division: +86-13864468877Zhang Wei (张伟), director, Hongshan Town Police Station: +86-13561697211, 86-533-6672437