(Minghui.org) I went out to distribute the Minghui Weekly to fellow practitioners a week before the 2001 Lunar New Year. It was so icy that day that I slipped and fell on my way home. Instinctively, I used my right hand to break my fall and twisted it.

Someone came up from behind me and asked if I was all right. I answered without thinking, “I’m okay. Thank you.”

I went on to the mall to buy a few things before heading home.

That night, my right hand hurt so much that I couldn’t sleep. When I got up the next morning to do the Falun Dafa exercises, I thought that I must have dislocated it.

Forcing Myself to Do the Exercises

My entire right hand and arm were badly swollen, so I thought: “I’ll just study the Fa and skip the exercises today.”

The next morning, my arm remained swollen and I still couldn’t do the exercises. Any slight movement produced a piercing pain.

I reminded myself that I was a practitioner and must do the exercises. I forced myself to lift my right arm, and, when I couldn’t, I used my left arm to help. When it became too painful, I would take a break. I started and stopped and started again. I persisted, but it took me a full hour to finish the first exercise.

I then proceeded to do the rest of the exercises. I ignored the pain throughout the day and did whatever I had to do, however I could.

The Old Forces Cannot Persecute Me

It is customary every year for my relatives to get together to celebrate the coming of the new year. Everyone loves to eat the spicy cabbage I make, but how was I to make it with a useless right hand?

Again, I tried as best I could. When my relatives saw my swollen hand, they came to the conclusion that I must have broken my wrist and urged me to go to the hospital. Someone said, "Broken bones take a hundred days to heal."

I assured them that I would be fine in a couple of days. But I was not convinced. I quickly realized that it was the old forces trying to persecute me, so I summoned all of my righteous thoughts. I told the old forces: “I walk the path of a Dafa practitioner. You cannot control me. I will eliminate you.”

The interference stopped dead in its tracks.

On New Year's day, my child's mother-in-law and I did the exercises together. She was surprised to see me doing the exercises normally. I said, “Except for the first day, I’ve been doing the exercises every day. I put my trust in Master and Dafa and overcame this tribulation in seven days.”

Unable to Swallow

One day in July 2012, I couldn't eat. I put food in my mouth, but it just wouldn’t go down my throat. I tried some porridge thinking that it would be easy to swallow, but it still wouldn't go down. I couldn’t even drink water.

This went on for several days. I knew that something was wrong and thought that it must be the old forces trying to persecute me. In the evenings, I was so hungry that my stomach growled, but I just couldn't swallow. It was as if my throat was blocked.

I put my finger into my mouth to poke at my throat, thinking, “I want to see what you are that won’t let me eat.” With a few pokes around my throat my body reacted, and half a bowl of bitter saliva came out.

I poured myself a tall glass of water, drank it, and went to bed.

When I woke up the next morning, I still didn’t feel like eating. I was getting anxious.

I immediately realized that I had to clear out the old force factors that were interfering with me. I took a bowl of rice soup and forced myself to eat it. I did the same with rice and a steamed bun. As Master’s disciple, I should not be worried about these rotten ghosts that try to interfere with me.

About a month later, everything was back to normal and I didn't experience any more difficulty eating any kind of food.

No One Has the Right to Interfere If We Are Doing the Right Thing

Another practitioner and I went to talk to people about Falun Dafa and the persecution late last year. Many people were outside clearing the snow. We decided to cross the street to where they were congregated to talk with them.

As we were crossing the road, somebody grabbed my handbag and demanded to know what was inside.

It was full of all types of informational materials about Falun Dafa, including CDs, booklets, information on how to break through the CCP’s internet firewall, and a few Dafa mementos.

I wasn't afraid and just thought that I had to stop him. However, he continued to pull on my bag. I called out to Master to save me in a loud voice. As soon as I uttered Master’s name, the person grabbing at my bag stood motionless.

Another person was snapping his camera and took my picture. I turned to him and declared, “Your camera is broken. Whatever picture you took will not even leave a shadow.”

I walked away, saying, “Nobody has the right or power to interfere with me or what I am doing…” I continued to distribute my materials to everyone in my path.

The practitioner with me had gone off to seek help. She ran into me in the shopping mall and was surprised to find me busy talking to people about Falun Dafa.

During my 18 years of practicing Falun Dafa, I have encountered many instances of sickness karma and other tribulations, but they were all resolved with Master's help and compassionate care.

Although I know I have a long way to go and have to continue to strive hard on my cultivation path, I am convinced that walking my path well means trusting Master and Dafa 100% every step of the way.