(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years. The momentum of this new wave of lawsuits against the former Chinese dictator is on the rise.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from many practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the practitioners whose copies of lawsuits were received by Minghui on October 2-3, 2015.

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Former Police Officer Ms. Xie Kunxiang was repeatedly arrested and tortured. She was held in a forced labor camp and prison for five years. She was given another four-year sentence in September 2015.

Hotel housekeeper Ms. Guo Wenyan was arrested and detained six times, tortured and placed under house arrest. She was taken for a forced abortion. Her husband had a mental breakdown after the death of their baby and from repeated persecution. Ms. Guo's mother-in-law was arrested four times, which resulted in the early death of her father-in-law.

Businesswoman Ms. Zhang Chunyu lost the sight in her left eye from torture, and she was held in a forced labor camp twice, for a total of four years. The persecution also claimed the lives of her father and son.

Ph.D. candidate Mr. Yang Yining was tortured in a mental hospital and forced labor camp, and forced to drop his studies. His wife is serving a three-year prison term.

Mr. Yin Hongpei, an engineer, has been detained for more than two months for suing Jiang Zemin. He was tortured in a mental hospital and injected with harmful drugs.

Ms. Ren Shuxian, a 53-year-old music teacher, was arrested six times and spent twelve years in prison and forced labor camps in the past sixteen years because of her spiritual belief in Falun Gong.

Ms. Xie Kunxiang (谢坤香)

Profession: Residence policeHometown: Guangzhou City, Guangdong ProvinceDate filed: June 15, 2015

Key FactsMs. Xie was detained for 15 days after appealing for Falun Gong in Beijing in 2000. Her job was terminated. Under threats from 610 officers, Ms. Xie's husband forced her out of the house.

Ms. Xie was held in a detention center in June 2001, and then given one and a half years of forced labor. She was forced to wear foot shackles for 30 days, was hung up by her wrists, beaten for 20 days, deprived of sleep, and force-fed.

She was illegally tried in 2005 and sentenced to three and a half years in prison. In prison, authorities drew blood without her permission, and she was injected with unknown drugs.

Her last arrest was on December 31, 2014. Her home was ransacked, and a computer, cell phone, and Falun Gong books were confiscated. She filed criminal charges against Jiang Zemin during her trial in June 2015 and is appealing her four-year sentence.

Related Report(s)The 610 Office and the Haizhu District Court of Guangzhou City Conduct an Unfair Trail of Ms. Xie KunxiangGuangzhou Woman Defends Herself Against Unfair Charges, Sues Former Dictator Jiang Zemin During Trial

Details of complaint in Chinese

Ms. Guo Wenyan (郭文燕)

Profession: Hotel housekeeperHometown: Yinchuan City, Ningxia ProvinceDate filed: August 16, 2015

Key FactsMs. Guo was arrested and detained six times, placed under house arrest for more than a year, and lost several jobs.

She was arrested in Beijing in 2000, interrogated by torture, and detained for a month. During her detention, an officer dipped a cigarette in hot mustard oil to press into her eyes and nose.

Ms. Guo and her husband were arrested in 2001 and tortured. Her husband was taken to the hospital after torture. The couple was closely monitored for more than a year, and lived in fear every day.

When Ms. Guo was found to be seven months into a second pregnancy, she was taken for a forced abortion in 2003. The baby was crying after it was born, but strangled to death by the doctor.

Ms. Guo's husband, a police officer, was fired in 1999. He became mentally disordered after he lost his next three jobs and his second child.

Ms. Guo's mother-in-law and brother-in-law also suffered arrest, harassment, detention, and home ransacking. Her father-in-law could not bear the pressure and passed away in 2006 at the age of 53.

Related Report(s)Guo Wenyan and Her Family Suffer PersecutionThe Chinese Communist Party's Forced Abortions and Infanticide

Details of complaint in Chinese

Ms. Zhang Chunyu (张春郁)

Profession: BusinesswomanHometown: Harbin City, Heilongjiang ProvinceDate filed: July 3, 2015

Key FactsMs. Zhang was arrested and detained multiple times, and was forced to pay more than 5,500 yuan. Among other torture, guards doused her with ice cold water in the middle of winter. Her weight dropped from 165 lbs. to less than 88 lbs.

Ms. Zhang was sentenced to one year of forced labor in 2001 and three years of imprisonment in 2002. She was hung up, locked in the iron chair, and subjected to sleep deprivation and brainwashing. She lost vision in her left eye. Scars still remain on her wrists from the torture.

Her husband cared for their young son and elderly father while Ms. Zhang was in the labor camp, but almost died after a severe heart attack.

Her persecution also caused mental suffering to her son, who died at the age of 33 from the extreme pressure. Her father passed away from fear and worry for her safety.

Details of complaint in Chinese

Mr. Yang Yining (杨亦宁)

Profession: PhD studentHometown: ShanghaiDate filed: early August, 2015

Key FactsMr. Yang was detained three times for appealing for Falun Gong in Beijing in 1999.

He was held in a mental hospital for four months in 2000. He was forcibly given harmful drugs, which caused physical slowness, a loss of appetite, and difficulty in swallowing. His school refused to take him back, so he had to drop his studies.

Mr. Yang was held in the Shanghai Forced Labor Camp for two and a half years, subjected to brainwashing, forced labor, and torture.

Mr. Yang and his wife continued to be monitored by the 610 Office. Their homes were ransacked, and computers and personal belongings confiscated. His wife was arrested in May 2013, and given a three-year sentence. She is being held at the Shanghai Women's Prison.

Related Report(s)The Experience of a Ph.D. Candidate and His Fiancee at the Shanghai University of Transportation

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Case 5: Mr. Yin Hongpei (殷洪沛)

Profession: EngineerHometown: Yangzhou City, Jiangsu ProvinceDate filed: July 10, 2015

Key FactsMr. Yin was arrested and his home ransacked on July 15 for lodging a lawsuit against Jiang Zemin. He has been held in the detention center for more than two months.

Mr. Yan was detained in a mental hospital in 2000. He was shocked at his temples with a high voltage electric needle, and forced to take harmful drugs every day.

He was sent to the brainwashing center three times. Three of his computers, two printers, and Falun Gong books and materials were confiscated.

He was removed from a top position in defense research, and deprived of the privileges of his senior position.

Details of complaint in Chinese

Ms. Ren Shuxian (任淑贤)

Profession: Music teacherHometown: Yichun City, Heilongjiang ProvinceDate filed: August 22, 2015

Key Facts

Ms. Ren Shuxian, 53, was arrested six times for her belief in Falun Gong and has spent twelve years in prison and forced labor camps in the past sixteen years. She suffered horrendous torture during her imprisonment, including long-term forced labor, forced feeding, the death bed torture, electric shocks, and was hung up by her wrists for many days.

During force-feeding, labor camp guards would lift her up and then throw her to the ground. The guards, who had no medical training, stabbed a thick feeding tube into her nose and pushed it back and forth until her nose and mouth filled with blood. They forced fed her with a mixture of highly salty water and raw cornmeal. She continually vomited as the guards did the force feeding.

Once, the guards purposely left the feeding tube in her nose when they locked her to the “death bed.” Ms. Ren describes the torture: “The feeding tube was much thicker than the ones they usually used. The pain in my throat and head was excruciating. The blood filled my throat and made it very difficult for me to breathe. While force feeding me, the guards pulled the tube in and out to increase my suffering. When they took the tube out ten days later, it had turned black and green.”

Another time she almost died when inmates inserted the tube into her trachea. “They opened my mouth with a steel gag and held me down so that I could not call for help. I felt my heart was exploding, blood rushing into my head and my eyes bulging. Death was imminent,” Ms. Ren said. One inmate finally realized something was wrong and pulled the tube out.

The labor camp fed Falun Gong practitioners chicken feed. They were still forced to do hard labor for up to 16 hours every day. When Ms. Ren refused to follow their orders, guards beat and insulted her, and extended her work hours.

During her third term in the labor camp, the guards detained her in an isolated room where the windows and door were covered with newspaper. Inmates monitored her around the clock. They forced her to sit on a small stool for 16 hours each day while exposing her to loud rock music nonstop.

At night, they continued to expose her to loud noise, making it hard for her to sleep. Three months later, she began to experience heart problems and her legs swelled badly from the sitting torture.

She had difficulty breathing, and then suffered a heart attack. The labor camp doctor and guards accused her of pretending to be ill. They finally sent her to the hospital when she lost consciousness. The doctor who revived her said that if she had come a little later, he could not have saved her.

The guards often made her take off all her clothes when doing a body search for Falun Gong materials as a way to humiliate her.

Her family also suffered tremendously under the guilt-by-association persecution policy. Her father had a stroke eight times and was completely paralyzed. Her mother developed lung and kidney problems. She had to take sleeping pills in order to sleep.

Her husband abandoned the family, so their daughter had to live with different relatives from the age of 8. She was discriminated against by her teacher and classmates and forbidden to go to school, even though she was a very bright student. When the daughter was an adolescent, she tried to commit suicide.

Fortunately, she was rescued by her grandmother. Shortly after Ms. Ren's daughter recovered, the grandmother fell ill and was hospitalized.

After Ms. Ren was released, she was fired and deprived of any income. “As a mother and a daughter, I felt helpless to take care of my family. I had to rely on my elderly mother, who was in her late seventies, and my daughter, who could not find many jobs because of her limited education,” Ms. Ren said in her complaint.

Related report:Once Wrongfully Imprisoned for Ten Years, an Excellent Teacher Again Arrested

Details of complaint in Chinese


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.