(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years. The momentum of this new wave of lawsuits against the former Chinese dictator is on the rise.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from many practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the practitioners whose copies of lawsuits were received by Minghui on September 29 and 30, 2015.

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Ms. Kan Guangying (阚光英)

Hometown: Ankang City, Shaanxi ProvinceDate filed: August 23, 2015

Key FactsMs. Kan's home was ransacked seven times. She was held in detention centers three times, sent to labor camps for two years, and imprisoned for four years in the past 16 years of persecution.

The police arrested Ms. Kan on July 19, 2000 and detained her for 15 days. Later in October 2000 and January 2001, the police broke into her home and placed her under detention. She was subjected to brainwashing during the detention.

Ms. Kan was transferred to Shaanxi Women's Forced Labor Camp on January 15, 2001. The guards put her on the Death Bed, shocked her with electric batons, hung her up from her handcuffs, force-fed her with salt water and feces, deprived her of sleep and bathroom use, and beat her until she lost consciousness because she refused to give up her belief. She was forced to perform hard labor for up to 16 hours a day, subjected to brainwashing, and denied family visits. The guards even put her husband and daughter in solitary confinement, and terrorized her daughter in order to break Ms. Kan mentally. Ms. Kan was released in January 2003.

The police arrested and detained her in April 2006 because she was telling people about the persecution. The guards brought her husband and his supervisor to the detention center and threatened them with their job had Ms. Kan continued to practice.

In May the police brought her teenage daughter and husband to the detention center. They forced her daughter to kneel down in front of her for hours, trying to extract a “confession” from her. A few days later the police put her husband in an interrogation room and immobilized him on an iron chair. All this was to force her to confess to crimes she didn't commit. Due to the torture she suffered, her uterine fibroid recurred and she had heavy vaginal bleeding, sometimes during the interrogation.

She was later sentenced to four years in prison and, after 11 months of illegal detention, transferred to Shaanxi Women's Prison in March 2007. She was monitored by other prisoners and was tortured with unspeakably brutal methods. She was released in fall 2009.

In April 2014 the police broke into her house, ransacked her home and put her in a detention center for 15 days.

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Ms. Ma Shuhua (马淑华)

Hometown: Harbin City, Heilongjiang ProvinceDate filed: July 2, 2015

Key FactsIn the past 16 years of persecution, Ms. Ma was illegally incarcerated for ten years and 63 days. Her husband, who was also a practitioner, was put in a forced labor camp for three years. Because of her belief, her son was fired from his job as a public servant in Shenzhen Procuratorate.

Police from Liaohe arrested Ms. Ma in April 2002 and detained her for 14 months. The police viciously beat her and tortured her during the interrogation.

She was transferred to Heilongjiang Women's Prison in June 2003 and incarcerated for ten years. In September she was tortured with “the Drill” for 11 days. The guards forced her run for a long time. While she was running the guards beat her with tree branches, electric batons, and plastic tubes. When she couldn't run anymore, the guards instigated six prisoners to run while dragging her on the ground across the drill field. Her shoes were torn and her legs were badly scratched. She was not allowed to sleep after she returned to her cell. If she fell asleep, the guards would poke her eye and leg with needles. Ms. Ma's legs festered and her socks stuck to her flesh. Her legs were purple with two large holes. All her toenails fell off.

Ms. Ma was forced to sit still on a small stool for a long time with her legs and buttocks in extreme pain.

Ms. Ma went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. She was force-fed for 28 days. The guards insert a plastic tube into her stomach and flushed in formula and salt. The tube stayed in her stomach for a week before being changed.

In 2006, the guards locked Ms. Ma in a room with four other prisoners, forcing her to watch videos slandering Falun Gong. She was allowed to sleep for only two hours a day and this lasted for two months.

Related Report(s)Torture “Drill” Revealed by Heilongjiang Prison Survivor

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Ms. Zhang Jiqiu (张继秋)

Hometown: Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province

Key FactsThe police arrested Ms. Zhang in March 2006 and locked her in a deserted factory. They hung her up from her wrists and blindfolded her. The police interrogated her by shocking her while pouring cold water on her. At the police station, the police kicked her shins and struck her ribs, attempting to force her to give up the names of other practitioners.

In January 2007 she was transferred for Heilongjiang Women's Prison and tortured for six years.

In June 2013 she was taken to Qinglongshan Brainwashing Center and continued to be tortured.

Current CircumstancesMs. Zhang is forced to live without personal identification. Without ID, she cannot find permanent full time work.

Related Report(s)Woman's Ordeal Continues After Release from 9 Years of Suffering in Hospital Ward

Details of complaint in Chinese language


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.