Summary of Key Persecution Facts:Name: Chen Guiying (陈桂英)
Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
July 13, 2014
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Detention Center
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, face slapping, iron chair torture, beatings, hanging by handcuffs, locked up in a small cell, handcuffed to a bed, denial of restroom use, drink deprivation.

(Minghui.org) Ms. Chen Guiying, 63, is retired and lives in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. She was on her way to pick up her grandson from Shenyang City, when she was arrested by police at the Jinzhou Train Station and detained. Her trial at the Linghe Court in Jinzhou was scheduled for September 15, 2014.

Ms. Chen Guiying

Ms. Chen was on her way to pick up her grandson, who was in elementary school in Shenyang, on July 13, 2014. She left her purse at the security checkpoint at the Jinzhou Train Station, and went back to ask for it. There was 1,700 yuan in cash in the purse. The police officer who found the purse did not return it to her. He instead called the police detachment that was responsible for dealing with Falun Gong practitioners, who forcibly arrested her and sent her to a detention center.

Torture in Detention

Doctors at the detention center gave a physical examination to Ms. Chen, and found that she had heart problems. Upon learning this, Police Captain Li Meishan slapped Ms. Chen on the face three or four times. As another officer took Ms. Chen through the center's inner gate, he said, “If you insist on practicing Falun Gong, we will take your organs while you are alive.”

Ms. Chen was interrogated the next day. In the interrogation room, guards tied her to an iron chair and left. Ms. Chen struggled, and got out of the chair. When the guards returned and saw this, they called seven or eight prisoners to beat her. One named Diao Lili hit her face and eyes in an especially brutal way. The guards then ordered the prisoners to hang Ms. Chen from iron window bars for half an hour.

Ms. Chen refused to wear a jail uniform, because she had not committed any crime. For this she was put in a small cell for four days. During that time, she wasn't allowed to use the restroom for 13 to 14 hours, and was not given water for two days. The guards locked her arms and legs onto fixtures for two days continuously. This was instigated by female instructor Shi Hong. Shi also slapped Ms. Chen with her shoe.

Torture illustration: “Fixed” onto a bed

Suffering from Ill Health

Ms. Chen was plagued with ill health before she began practicing Falun Gong. She had problems eliminating, and suffered from arthritis and a neurosis condition. She had two major surgeries in the “205” Hospital in 1976 and 1977. She had sought treatment at all the major hospitals in Shenyang and Beijing with no relief. Ms. Chen also developed a very bad temper.

Then, in 1996 she was introduced to Falun Gong, and her health gradually improved, as did her temper.

Falun Gong gave her wisdom. She worked as a technician before she retired. She often did the work of three people and never complained. Her co-workers and supervisors held her in high esteem.

Previous Arrests

Ms. Chen was arrested on previous occasions. She was detained just for saying some fair words for Falun Gong, shortly after the persecution started. In March 2004, she was again detained in Jinzhou's Second Detention Center, and was once in critical condition due to brutal treatment.