(Minghui.org) Mr. Liu Naihe has been harassed and persecuted ever since the Chinese Communist Party began persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999.

He was illegally arrested in 2005 and taken to Xinghua Brainwashing Center where he was tortured to the brink of death. He was then transferred to Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp and held in solitary confinement for three months. He went on a hunger strike for eight months and was repeatedly and cruelly force-fed.

The long-term torture damaged his internal organs and he was released on medical parole. He regained his health by practicing the Falun Gong exercises. When the authorities tried to arrest him again, he was forced to leave home to avoid further arrest.

His latest arrest was in late July 2014. Officials from the Haizhou 610 Office and the Haizhou Economic Development Zone Police Station took part.

He was most recently arrested in late July 2014. Officials from the Haizhou 610 Office and the Haizhou Economic Development Zone Police Station took part in his arrest.

Persecution at Xinghua Brainwashing Center

Xinghua Brainwashing Center is located in Xinghua City, Jiangsu Province. To outsiders, it is known as the “Jiangsu Province Anti-cult Legal Education Base” but it is actually a brainwashing center set up by the 610 Office.

The majority of the people detained in the facility are practitioners from Jiangsu Province. The facility is managed by the provincial level 610 Office. City and county 610 Offices pick officials with experience in "transforming" practitioners from police departments, labor camps, and prisons and employ them to persecute practitioners in the brainwashing center, while local police are hired as “assistants”.

Xinghua Brainwashing Center in Jiangsu Province

Mr. Liu Naihe was arrested by Kuang Jun and other officials from Haizhou 610 Office and taken to the brainwashing center in 2005. He was forced to watch videos defaming Falun Gong.

He was forced to sit on Falun Gong books and a portrait of its founder. They also made him step on a photo of Master Li as a form of mental torment. Mr. Liu was deeply traumatized by the incident.

Torture Method: Splitting the Legs

Torture Re-enactment: “Splitting the legs”

When Mr. Liu refused to cooperate, he was tortured. One form of torture used is known as “splitting the legs.” He was held down and his legs forced apart 180 degrees. Mr. Liu was in excruciating pain and broke out in cold sweat. Guards continued to torment him until he lost consciousness. To revive him, they immersed him in cold water and continued the torture. Mr Liu was unable to walk for several months afterward.

Thumbprint Taken by Force

When Mr. Liu was in a stupor from being tortured, guards grabbed his hand and put his thumbprint on falsified documents that claimed he renounced Falun Gong.

Demonstration: Taking thumbprint by force

Tortured in Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp

Practitioners in a brainwashing facility who refuse to give up their belief are often transferred to prisons or other facilities for continued persecution. This was done to Mr. Liu. After he was tortured to near death in the brainwashing center, the authorities sent him to Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp.

Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp

Jiang Guozhang, an inmate himself, was in charge of drug addict convicts imprisoned at Fangqiang Labor Camp. He was told his only job was to come up with ways to torture practitioners and he did not have to do anything else. It was a relaxing job for him and it did not matter if practitioners were tortured to death.

Jiang Guozhang persecuted many practitioners before he came to the camp. He tortured Mr. Liu to the brink of death. Mr. Liu was reduced to skin and bones and his weight plummeted to a mere 80 pounds although he was over 1.7 meters tall.

Jiang Guozhang's prison sentence was reduced by eight months for his participation in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.

Drenched with Cold Water

Torture re-enactment: Drenched with cold water

One day in the dead of winter, guards ordered several prisoners to strip Mr. Liu naked. His tormentors cracked open several containers filled with icy water and poured the contents over him. Two prisoners dragged him to the window and held his hands against the bars, leaving him to freeze in the cold wind.

It was so cold that his tormentors, who were dressed in thick clothing, found it unbearable, too. When they pulled their hands away to warm themselves, Mr. Liu broke free from them and ran away. The prisoners caught him and hit him with a mop, kicked him, and dragged him back. In the ensuing struggle, his head hit the cement floor. Blood gushed from his forehead. The scar is still clearly visible today. Guards stood outside the room and watched him being tortured through a crack in the door.

Confined in a Cage for Three Months

Torture re-enactment: Locked in a small cage

Mr. Liu was also locked in a small cage 1.5 meters high, 70 cm wide and one meter long for over three months in Fangqiang Labor Camp. He took his meals and relieved himself in the cage. He was only given very small amounts of food.

During the day, he was exposed to the scorching sun and made to stand. Since he was too tall to stand up in the cage he had to bend over. As time went by, all the muscles in his body ached unbearably. Often it was very hot and humid at night, and mosquitoes feasted on him. He could not lay down and had to curl up in the cage. During rainy days, he was exposed to the cold winds with no form of protection.

Released on Medical Parole, Then Forced to Leave Home to Avoid Arrest

Mr. Liu went on a hunger strike for nearly eight months to resist the persecution. He was brutally force-fed for a long time and even made to eat excrement.

Torture re-enactment: Brutal force-feeding

The guards did not allow him to trim his hair or beard, and they grew so long it was a disturbing sight.

In the end Mr. Liu became critically ill. Doctors said that his internal organs were damaged. Since the guards believed he would not live much longer, they released him on medical parole. His family was told to take him home. He was only allowed to cut his hair the day before his release. Before he was allowed to leave, the guards threatened to send him to an even more terrible place if he did not stop practicing Falun Gong.

After his release, Mr. Liu regained his health through practicing Falun Gong. However Kuang Jun and other officials continued to search for him. They claimed that he had been released before his sentence was up and they needed to take him back to the labor camp to sign certain documents. Mr. Liu Naihe became homeless for a long time.

Mr. Liu is in his 40s. He used to be a secondary school teacher in Lianyungang City. After he started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, he became healthy and his temperament improved. He became a diligent employee and was kind to others. Whenever his friends or relatives needed help, he was always there.

Participants Involved in the Persecution of Mr. Liu:

Xiang Ruliang (相入亮), head of Haizhou Domestic Security Division: +86-15861238566Zhou Zhenghuan (周正焕), prison political head: +86-15861238590Kuang Jun (匡军): +86-15861238600Lu Tongling (卢同领), Lianyungang City 610 Office: +86-15905139822Lu Hongtao (吕宏韬), Lianyungang City Domestic Security Division: +86-13805133832Ding Weiyong (丁维永), Lianyungang City Police Department: +86-15861239777