(Minghui.org) Ms. Liu Xiuqing was illegally arrested and sentenced to one year of forced labor for distributing New Year greetings. Even though she was only 43 years old, her lustrous, black hair turned gray and several of her teeth fell out.

Below is Ms. Liu's own account:

Illegally Arrested

On January 11, 2012, I was arrested by two police officers when I distributed New Year greetings that contained a message about Falun Gong. I was detained at the local police station of Taiping County.

The police ransacked my home that evening and took my personal belongings.

Officer Zhang Hao questioned me. When I asked him why I was being arrested, he said it was illegal to practice Falun Gong. When I asked him which law prevented me from practicing my belief, he could not answer.

Li Dongxu from the local 610 Office said I could be released as long as I guaranteed to stop practicing Falun Gong. I refused. They brought my family members to the police station and pressured them to get me to give up my belief. I refused again.

I was transferred to the Dagang Detention Center that evening. After the doctors checked me, they refused to accept me because my blood pressure was very high. I was taken back to the police station. They took all my money. I was not allowed to sleep, but had to sit all night with more than 10 officers monitoring me.

The next morning, Gao Xianghuai, head of the police station, threatened me, “We have to take you to the labor camp!” They grabbed my arms and legs, tested my blood, and took me to the Dagang Detention Center.

At the Detention Center

At the detention center, a guard threatened to put me into the men's cell.

No one was allowed to talk to me. I was not allowed any daily necessities, including toilet paper. I got a roll of toilet paper and kept re-using it until it was too dirty for me to clean myself. There was no room for me on the bed, so I had to sleep on the cold floor.

We had to get up at 6:30 a.m. and go to sleep at 9:30 p.m.

On January 19, 2012, I was transferred to Cao Zhuangzi Detention Center. I was detained there for 15 days. We had to eat, drink, and relieve ourselves in the same cell every day.

At the Labor Camp

On February 2, 2012, I was sent to Banqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp in Dagang.

I was dragged into a car and my clothes were torn. I was held down on the bed and all the clothing was stripped off my upper body. I was forced to have a check up half naked with two male officers watching.

I was forced to stand in an isolated cell without any windows. Then prisoner Bu Tong beat me in another room. Guard Liu Huiyu brought me to the interrogation room and cut off my hair.

All the newcomers at the labor camp had to wear a red sign. They had to get up at 5:15 a.m. and were not allowed to go to bed until 11 p.m.

My legs were swollen terribly because of lack of nutrition and standing for extended periods of time.


When the guards tried to force me to write things to slander Falun Gong, I refused. When they read materials aloud that slandered Falun Gong and Master, I said, “Falun Dafa is good.” They slapped my face and covered my mouth and nose for a long time until I almost suffocated.

On May 8, 2012, I was sent to a brainwashing center with a few other practitioners.

Physical Torture

Falun Gong practitioners were not allowed to participate in any activities. Instead they were forced to sit on a small stool every day. They could only leave the stool when they needed to go to the restroom.

My toenails became too long because I was not allowed to cut them. One of my nails broke in my toe. They took me to the hospital to have it pulled it out. I didn't want them to but they did it anyway.

In mid July, the guard told a prisoner to cut my hair as punishment. I said loudly, “Falun Dafa is good!” Prisoner Li juan sat on my stomach and pushed my mouth. One of my teeth was pushed out. Prisoner Chen Laei stuffed a rag used to clean the toilet into my mouth.

Afterwards, my mouth was swollen terribly. My back and arms were black and blue. I could not sleep at night because of the pain.

I was forced to get up at 5:15 a.m. the next morning. I was in a lot of pain. My blood pressure was very high, but they refused to give me anything for it.