(Minghui.org) The Jinsha County Court in the Bijie District of Guizhou tried three Falun Gong practitioners at 3:30 p.m. on February 20, 2014. The practitioners were Ms. Dai Qinyi, Ms. Liu Kaixiu, and Ms. Zhang Qinghui. At around 5 p.m. the court officer announced that the verdict would be decided on another day. Ms. Dai and Ms. Liu are being held in the Jinsha County Detention Center.

Police in SWAT vehicles and police cars surrounded the Jinsha County Courthouse that afternoon. There were also police in unmarked cars carrying rubber batons. Many plainclothes officers from the government Comprehensive Management Office guarded the entrance. Several men in civilian clothes filmed Falun Gong practitioners, their families, and other people who had gathered outside of the courthouse.

Ms. Dai's aunt and elder brother-in-law wanted to attend the hearing, but the police stopped them. Only her older sister was allowed to go in. Her aunt has not seen Ms. Dai for several months. She left in tears.

As Ms. Dai's younger sister took several photos of the courthouse with her cell phone, seven to eight plainclothes officers rushed over to grab her phone and attempted to apprehend her. She loudly denounced the police for violating the law. Her friends strongly discouraged her from doing this to avoid further persecution. A cameraman filmed the whole incident.

Arrested for Distributing Falun Gong Informational Materials

Ms. Dai, Ms. Liu, and Ms. Zhang were arrested on November 16, 2013, when they were distributing Falun Gong informational material on the countryside of Jinsha. They were taken to the Chengdong Police Station and interrogated. Police kicked 75-year-old Ms. Zhang, forcing her to kneel on the ground, and twisted her arms backwards. Ms. Dai and Ms. Liu suffered the same torture. (Ms. Dai sustained two fractures in her right arm.)

Ms. Zhang showed symptoms of severe illness and was released at 5 a.m. Ms. Dai and Ms. Liu were taken to the Jinsha County Detention Center.

Ms. Dai's Background and Prior Persecution

Ms. Dai, 49, was a former teacher at Jinsha No. 1 High School, and then transferred to the Jinsha County Propaganda Department. Before she became a Falun Dafa practitioner in 1996, she was in poor health. She had gastroptosis, chronic enteritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and several other ailments. She suffered frequent diarrhea, required transfusions in the hospital almost every month, and took a lot of medication.

All her health problems disappeared after she practiced Falun Gong. She became energetic and no longer required medication. Ms. Dai strictly acts according to Dafa's principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and is a good person. She takes good care of her parents and in-laws.

Ms. Dai has repeatedly suffered many ordeals due to the persecution. A number of government agencies and departments have harassed her: the Guizhou Province Political and Legal Affairs Committee, the Jinsha County 610 Office, the police department, Domestic Security Division, local police station, people in her neighborhood committee, her former employer – the Jinsha Propaganda Department, her current employer – the local library, and its parent unit the Culture and Broadcasting Bureau.