(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Cuiling from Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province was repeatedly harassed by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) after she was released from the Yichun City Brainwashing Center in 2012. While she was detained there she was tortured to near disability. The ongoing harassment caused overwhelming pressure to her and her family. She had to leave home in March 2014 to avoid further persecution.

Family Broken Up Due to CCP’s Relentless Harassment

After suffering severe torture Ms. Li was released from the Yichun City Brainwashing Center on the afternoon of August 15, 2012. Ever since then, however, the CCP officials have repeatedly harassed her and her family.

Officers from the Daonan Police Station went to her home three times on the day she was released. Cheng Xiangdong, head of the Yichun City 610 Office, kept harassing her and threatening her family. Cheng also ordered local neighborhood committee members to watch her.

Shao Zuomin from the Wumahe Political and Legal Affairs Committee, along with a group of police officers, broke into her home and threatened her family in early August of 2013. The local police routinely checked on her family.

Due to the CCP’s endless intimidation and threats, Ms. Li’s family couldn’t live a normal life. They were under overwhelming pressure and fear.

Her father-in-law fell ill because of the harassment and was sent to a hospital. Nonetheless, the police went to the hospital and threatened him, even though he hadn't yet recovered and couldn’t take care of himself.

Her mother-in-law became extremely nervous whenever someone knocked on the door. Her health deteriorated significantly and she couldn’t see clearly.

The intimidation worsened after March 6, 2014, when the Wumahe Police Department ransacked a Falun Gong materials site and tried to charge Ms. Li. The police began to harass her family more frequently in an attempt to arrest her.

Ms. Li had to leave home in order to avoid further persecution, and has been unable to reunite with her husband, children and parents, who greatly miss her.

Severely Tortured at the Yichun City Brainwashing Center

Prior to this, Ms. Li suffered persecution at the Yichun City Brainwashing Center and was tortured to near disability.

Ms. Li was arrested by officers from the Xicheng Police Station when she was posting Falun Gong materials on June 29, 2012. She was first sent to the Wumahe Detention Center, where she was held for 15 days, and then transferred to the Yichun City Brainwashing Center by Zhang Hu from the 610 Office.

While detained in the brainwashing center, Ms. Li suffered various forms of torture, including being hung up in the air, beatings, force-feedings, brainwashing and sleep deprivation. She suffered broken ribs as a result of the beatings.

Hung Up in the Air Five Times

Torture Illustration: Hung up with Hands Shackled Behind the Back

The guards subjected Ms. Li to this cruel torture five times. With both hands shackled behind her back and only her toes touching the ground, Ms. Li was hung from a ceiling pipe by the handcuffs for two days, causing severe injury to her arms and hands. Afterward, she had difficulty using her hands for a long time.

Torture re-enactment: Handcuffed to a heat pipe for a long period of time

The guards also handcuffed her hands and feet to heating pipes every night for nearly a month, causing her severe pain and fractures.

Guard Mo Zhenshan said to her, “We will torture you either to death or disability in this room.”

Ribs Broken by Severe Beatings and Kicking

Ms. Li was often beaten and kicked by the guards. Gu Songhai abused her and kicked her in the face with his leather shoes. Mu Zhenjuan kicked her legs until they turned purple. A guard named Yuan seized her hair and repeatedly slapped her face.

Torture re-enactment: Severe beatings

Because Ms. Li said, “Falun Dafa is good” and refused to watch CCTV programs, the guards kicked her, breaking her ribs. Mu Zhenjuan jabbed her legs and feet with a pen point until they bled to stop her from sitting in meditation.

Brainwashing and Sleep Deprivation

The guards forced Ms. Li to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong every day. The volume was set so loud that her heart was in pain. They also made her sit on a small stool for a long time every day.

Sometimes Ms. Li was forced to stand still the whole night. When she was allowed to sleep, the guards sealed her lips with tape. Her bed was put next to the window, where it was too hot in the daytime, but cold in the evening.

The guards only gave her others' leftovers to eat, and often did not allow her to use the restroom.


Ms. Li went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. However, the guards force fed her. With Mu Zhenjuan holding her body and Song holding down her head, Du Guijie forcibly pried her mouth open and force-fed her, causing severe injury to her gums. She almost passed out.

The guards also threatened that they would send her to a mental hospital if she didn’t eat.

Persecuted for Cultivating to Be a Good Person

Before Ms. Li began practicing, she had a bad temper and poor health. Her husband divorced her in 2001. She began practicing Falun Gong in 2006. She followed Falun Gong’s principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in her daily life and she was known as a good person. Her husband remarried her in 2006 and they moved to the Wumahe District in Yichun City.

However, such a kind person was persecuted for her belief that teaches people to be good. The CCP’s 610 Office has set up brainwashing centers to specifically persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Though many centers are named, “Law Education Centers,” they are actually used to brainwash and torture practitioners to force them to give up their belief.