(Minghui.org) Ms. Wu Lixian walked out of the Liaoning Women’s Prison on April 16, 2013, after suffering there for three years. Prison guards and inmates tortured her with solitary confinement, pouring cold water on her outdoors in freezing temperatures, stripping her, and ramming her into the wall by her hair. Ms. Wu was hospitalized several times as a result.

Wanghua District Court in Fushun City, Liaoning Province sentenced Ms. Wu to three years of imprisonment in September 2010. Prior to that, she had been detained at the Nangou Detention Center for five months after being arrested on April 16, 2010.

Torture in the Liaoning Women's Prison

Ms. Wu was transferred to the Liaoning Women's Prison after her illegal sentence. In November 2010, She was taken to a large room without a surveillance camera. Criminal inmates stripped off most of her clothes, leaving her wearing only one shirt, and then they forced her to stand in front of a window. They poured cold water over her, and her shirt was completely soaked. Then, the inmates stripped off her shirt and made her stand in the cold wind half-naked.

She was allowed very little sleep each day and had no blanket. Her meals were tiny, and she had very limited use of the toilet. As a result, Ms. Wu’s legs were badly swollen and she had trouble walking. She suffered such abuse for over two months.

Ms. Wu was forced to do hard labor from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day. She was banned from talking to others, especially fellow practitioners. She was even not allowed to make eye contact with other practitioners. Physical and verbal abuse were commonplace.

After being tortured, Ms. Wu became disoriented and had trouble speaking. Criminal inmate Yu Bo began to hit her in the head, and inmate Chao Qingbo pushed her to the ground. When Ms. Wu could not stand up, the section head accused her of faking an injury. Later she was rushed to the hospital, where a back injury was confirmed.

One day after Ms. Wu did the Falun Gong exercises in the workshop, she was locked up in a solitary confinement cell. After she did the exercises in the cell, the guards put handcuffs on her twice to stop her. After being restrained for a long time, Ms. Wu became disoriented and began to vomit. Five people carried her out on a stretcher to the hospital, where she remained for 24 hours. After she was brought back to the jail, she could not sit down or stand up by herself, and she had trouble walking. She was soon hospitalized again.

While she was in bad physical condition, a criminal inmate asked her if she would still practice Falun Gong. She said: “Yes.” Because of that answer, the prison guards sent her back to a solitary cell for three months.

Torture at the Heping Police Station

Five plainclothes officers arrested Mr. Wu on April 16, 2010 and took her to a room with iron cages and chairs at the Heping Police Station.

Torture Demonstration: Iron Chair

She was handcuffed and locked in a iron chair. When a Domestic Security officer asked her about other practitioners, she refused to answer his question. He asked whether she had any bank cards or jewelry, and she said no.

Police head Zhang Zhongsheng came to interrogate Ms. Wu, but she refused to answer him. Furious, Zhang began to hit her in the head. Ms. Wu became dizzy and nauseous. On her way to the toilet, she fell to the floor and passed out.

The next day, two officers brought her to a room. They told her to sign her name on a statement. When she refused, police chief Zhang Zhongsheng grabbed her hands from behind and put her finger print on the paper. She was then sent to the Nangou Detention Center, where she suffered force-feeding during the five months of detention.