(Minghui.org) Practitioner Ms. Huo Meillian was home alone at 3:00 p.m. on January 24, 2014, when Ma Xiaojiang, along with five officers from the Domestic Security Division in Xincheng District, Xi'an City, broke into her home. She had just recovered from a major illness.

The officers confiscated her personal belongings and Falun Gong materials without a search warrant. She felt great mental pressure, resulting in a worsening health condition. She died two days later on January 26.

Ms. Huo was diagnosed with advanced stage anemia on December 2, 2013, and had almost no platelets in her blood. The doctor said that she was on the verge of death, and that her condition was incurable. She had no choice but to return home.

She sincerely recited “Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good,” and her husband read Zhuan Falun to her. She miraculously recovered.

Background of Ms. Huo's and Husband Mr. Chen's Persecution

Ms. Huo and her husband Mr. Chen have been persecuted since the start of the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999. However they persisted in their beliefs.

Both lost their jobs because they refused to renounce Falun Gong. When Mr. Chen was first imprisoned, his daughter Chen Jie was in elementary school. She was raised by relatives because her parents were repeatedly illegally sentenced to prison.

Officers from the Baqiao District Domestic Security Division, along with Fu Qing and Yang Tao from the Xiwang Township Police Station, arrested Mr. Chen and his daughter on September 14, 2010. Their home was ransacked.

Mr. Chen was taken to the Baqiao Detention Center, but not accepted, due to poor health. Officers Fu Qing and Yang Tao took Mr. Chen to a hospital and forced a doctor to forge a medical certification, claiming that he was healthy. Mr. Chen was then accepted at Baqiao and tortured for two months.

Officers from the Xincheng Police Department and Hujiamiao Police Station, along with staff from the Hujiamiao Street Office and the Xi'an Metal Structuring Factory, arrested Mr. Chen on July 7, 2008. They framed him and took him to a brainwashing center where he was held for four months. He was then transferred to a forced labor camp where he was held for 16 months. Mr. Chen was released in February 2010.

Staff from the Hujiamiao Street Office in Xi'an arrested Mr. Chen on September 30, 2007, and took him to a brainwashing center located in the Xi'an City Workers' Nursing Home, where he was held for a month.

Police arrested Ms. Huo for distributing Falun Gong materials in Baqiao District, Xi'an on June 1, 2007, and held her in a forced labor camp for a year.

Mr. Chen was arrested on May 3, 2005, for talking to people about Falun Gong in Chengcheng County, Shannxi Province,. He was taken to a forced labor camp where he was held for 15 months. The camp extended his sentence for another month. After serving 16 months, he was transferred to the Xi'an City Brainwashing Center where he was held for three months. He was released in September 2006.

Officers from the Xi'an State Security Bureau arrested him in April 2001 for practicing Falun Gong. He was sent to a forced labor camp for three years on August 23, 2001.

Mr. Chen's employer Xibei Metal Structuring Factory fired him on March 13, 2000, for practicing Falun Gong.

After the persecution of Falun Gong began, officers from Xincheng District, Xi'an, arrested and took him to a forced labor camp on December 28, 1999. He was held for a year.

Related article: Xi'an City: Mr. Chen Mingan and Family Persecuted for Their Beliefs