Stories of People Rescued in August 16 Fushun Flood
(Minghui.org) Snow covered the land and it was cold outside in Liaoning Province during 2014 Chinese New Year. I went to visit friends in Nankou Township, Qingyuan County, Fushun City, where a big flood occurred the previous August and many people lost their lives. Several survivors told me that the flood water level was higher than 30 feet, and a terrifying noise accompanied it. Wherever the flood went, houses collapsed and people were carried away. A two-story building in a busy street collapsed, and all 24 people sitting on top of the building died in the flood.
Among those who survived the catastrophe, many were miraculously rescued, and many of those same people had earlier renounced the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and its affiliated organizations. The following are some examples:
1. A 77-year-old illiterate lady practiced Falun Gong with her children who were practitioners. When the flood came, the water entered her home and rose quickly as high as her bed. She knelt on the bed with both hands pressed in front her chest and said earnestly, “Master, please protect me, my children, and home. Falun Dafa is great! Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is great!” At that moment, two storage sheds washed away from other places suddenly blocked the windows and door of her house. For the most part water ran along the outside of the sheds, away from her home. She and her children were unharmed.
2. Falun Dafa practitioner Zheng Hongying from Gengjiabao was unlawfully sentenced to four years in prison. Other practitioners organized attempts to rescue her and asked her fellow villagers to sign a petition. All of the families except for two signed the petition. Everyone in the village and their homes survived the flood, as their kind actions were rewarded.
3. A Falun Gong practitioner in Zhangjiabao Village shared a house with his younger brother, who was against the practitioner's practice. Their house was located beside a river. The flood damaged and carried away the younger brother's side of the house, while the other half was fine.
4. A young woman saw her elderly lady neighbor's health improve after practicing Falun Gong, and she wished to learn. The elderly lady gave her a Falun Gong book illustrating the exercises. The young woman learned the exercises and did them when she had time. A month after she learned the practice, the flood came. She heard a voice asking her to climb to the window. She was saved, though her house was damaged. Her husband was carried away by the flood, and she asked Master Li to save her husband in her mind.
Her husband was carried away for nearly two miles. He got stuck in the mud and could not move. At that moment, he felt a great hand pull him up. He then caught hold of a wooden log and sat on it. He heard a voice saying, “Swim east.” He moved towards the east and reached high ground in Renjiabao Village. He found help there and made his way home.
The woman's home was badly damaged and most of her possessions were carried away. A cabinet containing the Falun Dafa book was not washed away, and only the compartment containing the book was untouched by the water.
5. A lady in her 50's renounced the CCP after a practitioner explained the facts to her. When the flood came, debris washed to her home actually blocked more water from entering her home, and her house was largely undamaged. She said emotionally, “Falun Dafa Master saved my home.”
6. When the flood came, a villager Ms. Wang and her daughter-in-law recited, “Falun Dafa is great! Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is great!”. The water ran along the outside of her house. Later Ms. Wang said to others, “I was saved by Dafa, as the water did not enter my house. My house and other belongings were intact.” Her next door neighbor's house and corn storage sheds were damaged.
7. A lady knew the facts about Falun Gong, as her friend was a practitioner. Her friend was sent to forced labor camp in 2000, and she went to the labor camp to visit her. During the flood, she and three her family members climbed to the top of her house and survived the catastrophe.
8. Two young women and one elderly lady, along with two children, climbed to the top of a house across the police substation of Nankou Township during the flood. The elderly lady suddenly recalled that a Falun Gong practitioner told her to recite sincerely, “Falun Dafa is great!” when facing danger. She then told others to recite the words with her. One lady did not believe it and refused. When the house collapsed, she was the only one among the group that was not rescued.