(Minghui.org) A group of officers from Anhui Province broke into the rented apartment of a former nurse from Heilongjiang Province and arrested her in mid-July this year. When she refused to provide information on her fellow Falun Gong practitioners, the police threatened to move her case to the Procuratorate.

Her arrest was approved by the Procuratorate one month later, which by law means she faces trial and a possible prison sentence.

Ms. Ma Xiaohua (马晓华), 54, was a nurse at the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of the No. 597 Farm's Hospital in Heilongjiang Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1995.

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, she has been arrested, detained and put in forced labor camp several times for not giving up her belief in Falun Gong. She was subjected to various forms of torture along the way.

To stay closer to her daughter, Ms. Ma moved to Nanling County, Wuhu City, Anhui in 2011.

Though she was away from the Heilongjiang police, she fell into the hands of the Anhui police.

Police in Anhui's Nanling county found where she lived and broke in. They illegally arrested her, ransacked her home and confiscated personal belongings and money.

Police put her into the Wuhu City Detention Center the next day, despite a high blood pressure of 180/100.

Police interrogated her after midnight on July 18. They asked her where she got her printer and CD burner. She didn't answer them, nor did she sign the interrogation record.

Police interrogated her again on July 31. They accused her of not thinking of her child and not fulfilling a mother's responsibility. They said, because of her, her daughter and son-in-law are implicated and their jobs were in jeopardy.

Then police said that they had arrested other Falun Gong practitioners who later told the police that she produced all the Falun Gong materials. The police asked Ms. Ma to tell them what other practitioners did. In return, they said that they would give Ms. Ma the minimum term of punishment.

Seeing through the police's trick, Ms. Ma refused to comply.

Then police proceeded with her case. On August 19, two staffers from Nanling Procuratorate came to the detention center. They told Ms. Ma that her case had gone to the procuratorate. They came to verify some facts and also told her that she could hire an attorney.

Ms. Ma told them that she didn't commit any crime and said that actually the police had committed a crime against her.

Two days later, two police officers went to the detention center to tell her that the arrest warrant for her was approved. Ms. Ma has since hired a defense attorney.

Ms. Ma's mother, 76, is asking people who care about justice both in China and overseas to help her daughter.

Monitoring Practitioners

The Internet Monitoring Team of the Wuhu Police Department and Wuhu National Security Bureau were the main forces behind this persecution. They have been listening to practitioners' mobile phone conversation for a long time.

They use these conversations to extend their reach to others and gather “evidence,” such as mail orders of materials needed to produce truth-clarification materials. Then they ask local police to ransack practitioners' homes to take their computers, mobile phones, printing equipment, and truth-clarification materials as more evidence.

Once practitioners are arrested, the police threaten them and try to trick them into giving up the names of other practitioners; police also pressure the family to help in making the practitioner cooperate.