(Minghui.org) During the trial of a Beijing woman in late November, both the judge and the prosecutor were visibly agitated by her lawyer's courage to defend her right to let others know about the persecution of Falun Gong.

As soon as the hearing ended, the judge and the prosecutor were heard taunting the lawyer: “How dare you plead not guilty on her behalf?" "Don't you know the Chinese Communist Party is in control and has banned Falun Gong?”

Ms. Cui Hong (崔红), 50, was arrested on June 3, 2014, and brought to trial five months later for possessing and distributing materials informing the public of the ongoing CCP campaign against Falun Gong.

The Trial

Neither Ms. Cui's lawyer not her family were told in which courtroom the November 24th trial would held. The lawyer had to phone the courthouse. When her family, who were at the Xicheng District Courthouse, asked to be allowed into the courtroom, judge Guo Yajun denied them entry, claiming that “those who had their statements recorded previously are not allowed in.” When the lawyer challenged the judge, the latter made rude remarks and ignored his requests.

The judge and prosecutor Wang Shengying repeatedly interrupted Ms. Cui when she was speaking and appeared indifferent when she asked that the trial be fair and just. Her lawyer pointed out that the items in Ms. Cui's possession were not illegal.

The lawyer also raised questions about the video clips played during the proceedings. Since the video was not verified, he pointed out that there was no way to prove the woman shown in the video distributing flyers was Ms. Cui, and therefore it shouldn't be accepted as admissible “evidence” against her.

The judge adjourned the hearing after an hour and a half without issuing a verdict.

The Arrest

Ms. Cui and her daughter were distributing materials regarding the persecution of Falun Gong on the night of June 3, 2014, when they were reported by a security guard. They were taken to the Xicheng Police Station, and their home was raided that night. The next day, they were admitted to Xicheng Detention Center.

On June 16, nearly two weeks after the fact, the detention center informed the family of the police station that had jurisdiction for the case. Ms. Cui's daughter was released on July 4, a month later.

Ms. Cui was sent to Beijing First Detention Center on July 9, but was transferred back to Xicheng Detention Center on September 26 and given a physical exam. She had dark shadows in her lung X-rays, abnormal blood pressure, and tightness in her chest.

Contact numbers for Beijing Xicheng Court: +86-10-68366070, +86-10-68366085, +86-10-82222504, +86-10-68366113Case inquiry: +86-10-82222434Judge on duty: +86-10- 82299272

Please refer to the original Chinese article for more people and offices involved in persecuting Ms. Cui.