(Minghui.org) A 67-year-old woman was arrested on July 18 this year for telling people about the persecution of Falun Gong. She was then secretly tried on Sept. 29 and sentenced only days later without her family's knowledge.

On July 18, 2014, the owner of the Lijun Oil Mill in Taizhuang Village reported Ms. Gong Huadong (公华东) and Ms. Yi Shuling to the authorities. They were arrested for distributing Falun Gong materials in the village and detained at the Linyi City Detention Center.

When Ms. Gong's family discovered that she had been tried and sentenced, it was already too late to appeal, and they could only watch her being transferred to the Shandong Province Women's Prison.

Ms. Gong appeared pale and emaciated when her loved ones visited her in early November.

Ms. Gong retired from the Hengchang Company in Mengyin County, Shandong Province. In the 15 years of the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of Falun Gong, she has been arrested, detained, and forced to undergo brainwashing multiple times. She was also sentenced to a labor camp twice.

Arrest in 2000

In late April of 2000, Ms. Gong was confined to a brainwashing center maintained by her former employer, the Hengchang Company.

She was later transferred to a facility operated by the Mengxin City 610 Office. Three officials at the 610 Office beat her at will. They forced her to take repugnant notes during brainwashing sessions and to shout anti-Falun Gong slogans. They made her stand in the scorching sun and squat in sewer water, and stand and squat for long periods of time. She had to do military-style drills every morning and was not allowed to sleep.

Arrest in 2001

On her release, Ms. Gong continued to tell people about the persecution of Falun Gong. On April 28, 2001 she wrote “Falun Dafa is good” on a wall. For this, a Mengyin County police chief ordered her arrest and that of her husband, Yang Mintong.

Ms. Gong was transferred to the Mengyin County 610 Office's brainwashing center, where she was handcuffed to a bed frame.

When sentenced to two years of forced labor, she was taken to the Shandong Province First Women's Labor Camp. On the way to the labor camp, officers from the Mengyin City Police Department robbed her of the 500 yuan that she was carrying. At the camp, Ms. Gong suffered both mental and physical torture.

Arrest in 2005

On the night of February 17, 2005, police and men from the Mengyin County 610 Office broke into Ms. Gong's home. They threatened Ms. Gong's husband and ransacked the home. They did not find evidence to prosecute the couple for believing in Falun Gong, so they stole checkbooks and jewelry. Ms. Gong was taken to the police station for interrogation.

The Mengyin County 610 Office took tens of thousands of yuan from her pension. During this continual harassment and persecution, Ms. Gong's father and her husband could not withstand the suffering and passed away in quick succession.


The owner of the Lijun Oil Mill, Taizhuang Village, Changlu Town, Mengyin can be reached at: +86-15969967315

Authorities who tortured Ms. Gong at the Hengchang Company brainwashing center: Wang Fapu, Li Qiansheng, Wang Zhiguo, Niu Shizhong, and Kan Hongyi.

Officials at the Mengxin City 610 Office: Fang Simin, Li Zhiye, Lei Yancheng, and Wang Wei.

Police chief of the Fourth Police Branch of Mengyin County: Shi Kuang.