(Minghui.org) Ms. Peng Huaying, 57, was the accountant in the finance department at the Bazhong City Statistics Bureau. She worked extremely hard. Her hard work debilitated her body, and she became paralyzed. After she began to practice Falun Dafa she fully recovered. Excited by her miraculous cure, she told others about Falun Dafa. As a result, the Bazhong Political and Legal Affairs Committee, 610 Office and Police Department repeatedly began persecuting her for clarifying the truth of Falun Dafa.

Paralyzed Due to Hard Work, Fully Recovered After Practicing Falun Dafa

Ms. Peng began her employment in August 1980. She worked diligently for over 30 years and was honored repeatedly for being an excellent employee by the county, city and province. She was officially transferred to the Bazhong City Statistic Bureau in the spring of 1994, in charge of accounting.

Ms. Peng often had to work overtime due to the great amount of work expected of her. There was no heat in her office, and in the winter it was often brutally cold. She continued to handle the large volume of work, even though she was often ill. She eventually had to get a bench to sleep on at work, so she could finish a three-month long audit.

All the hard work took a toll on her and her body was literally falling apart by the year 2002, and she often had to be hospitalized. She asked for a loan from an acquaintance at the city medical security bureau to help offset the cost of her medical bills. The head of the bureau only loaned her half of the money for fear Ms. Peng would die and not pay back the money.

Ms. Peng's illnesses of cervical deformity, protrusion of lumbar intervertebral discs and lumbar and sacral cysts continued to get worse in 2004. She was going to the hospital for physical therapy every day. It was not long before she was completely paralyzed and could not care for herself.

A friend told her about Falun Dafa in 2008, and how practicing resulted in many benefits. She decided to give it a try. She first read the book Zhuan Falun on the bed and listened to the audio recordings of Master Li's lectures. Gradually she could sit up to read the book and then she could get off the bed to practice the exercises. After a month, her illnesses all disappeared. She was now capable of riding a bicycle to work.

The leaders at work along with her neighbors all heard the news that Ms. Peng was fully recovered from paralysis. They all came over to ask her the details, and Ms. Peng told them how she benefited from Falun Dafa.

Persecuted for Clarifying the Truth

Ms. Peng told the people she knew about the truth of Falun Dafa, and so then the Bazhong Political and Legal Affairs Committee, the 610 Office and the police department began to persecute her. She was suppose to retire in 2012. The leaders of the statistics bureau instead wanted to fire her, and they reported her to the city human resource government.

Ms. Peng was illegally arrested on November 1, 2009, while she was at work, and detained at the detention center for 26 days by the Jiangbei Development District Police Department of Bazhong City. The police also ransacked her home and took 20,000 yuan from her. Afterwards, the police in Jiangbei Development District summoned her many times and monitored, threatened and slandered her, publicly and secretly. They also forced her workplace to review, criticize and transform her.

Ms. Peng refused to be transformed. The Bazhong City Police Department and Jiangbei Development District Police Department deducted 20,000 yuan from her wages. They used the excuse that she did not show up for two summons. The Bazhong Human Resource Department demoted her and reduced her salary.

The Bazhong Political and Legal Affairs Committee and the 610 Office also arrested and frequently detained Ms. Peng. They not only took more of her money, but also personal belongings. They then sentenced her to a year and a half in a forced labor camp. The labor camp refused her because she did not pass the physical exam.

The deputy chief Yang Yongming and domestic security team captain Wen Yong from Jiangbei Development District Police Department led a group of officers and arrested Ms. Peng on January 13, 2013, along with: Ms. Yue Yingcong (62 years old retired teacher), Mr. Liu Yingkun (about 60 years old) and Ms. Fu Anzhen (about 70 years old). They also ransacked all their homes.

Ms. Peng was arrested by a group of officers led by domestic security team captain Wen Yong on the afternoon of May 14, 2012, while she was telling people about Falun Gong at the hospital. She was reported to the police by the dean of the hospital. Meanwhile, the police ransacked her home once again. Her 82-year-old mother was bedridden due to illness and had become totally dependent on Ms. Peng for care. After Ms. Peng was arrested, her mother who was not only sick but grief stricken over her daughter's arrest, was hospitalized and passed away on June 28, 2012. The Chinese Communist Party personnel did not allow Ms. Peng to visit her mother before she passed away, and also did not allow her to be involved in funeral arrangements or visitation.

Telephone numbers for the related personnel:Zhao Kexing (赵克新), deputy director of the Bazhong City 610 Office: +86-15982705080 (Cell)Dai Yuancai (戴远才), chief of Development District Police Department of Bazhong City: +86-13908293118 (Cell)Wen Yong (文勇), caption of Development District Domestic Security Team of Bazhong City: +86-13981660015 (Cell)Zhou You (周游), director of Bazhong City Statistics Bureau: +86-18608279135 (Cell)Yue Yingbin (岳映斌), chief of Bazhou District Police Department of Bazhong City: +86-15928389189 (Cell)Wei Dongbin (魏东彬), caption of the Baozhou District Domestic Security Team of Bazhong City: +86-13980299589(Cell)