Falun Gong Prohibits Killing and Suicide
(Minghui.org) Falun Gong is an advanced cultivation practice of the Buddha School. It expressly prohibits killing and suicide. Anyone who accuses and vilifies Falun Gong with killing and suicidal behavior dare not let people read Falun Gong books, particularly the book Zhuan Falun, in a systematic manner, free of any notions and with a calm mind; and neither do they dare to let people personally experience the Falun Gong exercises, because even evildoers know that many people have a clear conscience, and after they see the truth, they will lose any desire to believe such falsehoods.
We hope everyone will watch a 20-minute video entitled, “False Fire - China's Tragic New Standard in State Deception” Despite your busy schedule, it is well worth watching, and you may regret it very much in the future if you don't watch it. It would be even better if you could read through the book Zhuan Falun in its entirety and with a calm mind. (Another video, "Self Immolation or Deception?", was produced by Minghui in Chinese. It runs 13 minutes and includes an English transcript.)
The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is the Chinese Communist Party and its nature will never change, just like a wolf will never become a dog or a sheep. The truth behind the self-immolation hoax thirteen years ago has long been revealed, but the wrongdoers in the CCP who banned the books and ordered them burned have been looking for opportunities to deceive more people and make them complicit in their crimes. These people include those outside of China with various motives who want to be close to the CCP, and therefore delay the arrival of the day the CCP meets with justice for its misdeeds.
Persecution of righteous faiths has never succeeded in history, and the CCP's persecution of Falun Gong – a practice that follows the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance – was even more doomed to fail from the outset. From July 1999 to January 2014, the political persecution of Falun Gong has persisted for 15 years. Falun Gong practitioners' peaceful and rational words and actions against the persecution in mainland China, and their exposure of the persecution through the overseas Minghui website, have also continued for 15 years. The main hiding place the persecution relies on – the forced labor camp system – has collapsed, and the persecution has reached the end of its dead end path. In this circumstance, some people have traveled outside China and are undertaking activities to rekindle public attention on the “self immolation incident” – this great propaganda stunt that was debunked long ago. Whom do they aim to deceive this time?
The truth behind the self-immolation hoax is one of the biggest stories of the century. Only by being aware of it can one see and think clearly, and only by understanding it can there be a future of brightness and hope.
A Summary of Related Facts and Dates:
1. Falun Gong is an advanced cultivation practice of the Buddha School. Through the book Zhuan Falun , it teaches people to follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance to better themselves, to elevate their levels of morality and spiritual realm. It also includes five sets of slow and graceful exercises. From its first public introduction in May 1992, within only seven years, the number of people who learned and practiced Falun Gong had reached 100 million. Falun Gong's good reputation had become known in every household in China due to the remarkable improvements it brought to people's health and fitness, and to the moral fabric of society.
2. In June 1999, the CCP established the “610 Office” with the specific intent to persecute Falun Gong. The 610 Office has power over the public security (police) system as well as the procuratorate and the courts (the judicial system).
3. Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan were the key CCP figures to initiate the comprehensive campaign to persecute Falun Gong. They did so in July 1999, out of jealousy and personal interest. At that time, a great number of the people in mainland China had experienced the perils of the “Great Cultural Revolution.” While they knew about the effectiveness of Falun Gong, they took the campaign of political persecution for granted, and passively accepted the campaigns the government launched. Such campaigns included the “million signatures campaign to denounce Falun Gong,” and so on. At the same time, a large number of Falun Gong practitioners spontaneously went to the Appeals Office in Beijing and Tiananmen Square to appeal for justice for Falun Gong.
4. Of a series of secret orders Jiang Zemin issued, the most notorious were, “Ruin their reputation, bankrupt them financially and destroy them physically, ” “Beat them to death and count the deaths as suicide,” “Cremate them without verifying their identities.”
5. In order to maintain and widely promote the persecution campaign of Falun Gong, on January 23, 2001, Jiang Zemin, Luo Gan and their accomplices staged a propaganda stunt where a group of people supposedly set themselves on fire on Tiananmen Square and attributed it to Falun Gong. The “self-immolation incident,” as it widely came to be known, had been born and the culprits mobilized every branch of China's state-run media as a propaganda mouthpiece to vilify Falun Gong. This despicable drama violated heavenly principles and the course of nature, cruelly killing and injuring people to falsely accuse Falun Gong.
6. A week after the Tiananmen self-immolation hoax occurred, the public had many doubts. So the state-controlled television network, CCTV, launched a so-called “Focus” program with the self-immolation as the theme. The intent? To attack Falun Gong. The program relied heavily on video footage of the immolation to make its case. However, slow motion playback and analysis of the video footage uncovered more discrepancies. For example, analysis revealed that Liu Chunling (one of the alleged immolators who died at the scene) appears to have been struck dead by a heavy object suddenly coming into contact with her head. The attacker appears to be an armed police officer. She is seen crumpling instantly to the ground and almost certainly died from that blow.
There is also a close-up of another alleged immolator, Wang Jindong, in the CCTV video. A police officer stands beside him holding a fire-extinguishing blanket, but not using it, as if waiting for Wang Jindong to finish his script. After Wang Jindong shouts some words supposedly implicating Falun Gong, the police officer, as if on cue, immediately covers Wang's head with the blanket. And while Wang's clothes were burned to pieces, a green plastic pop bottle filled with “gasoline” remained intact between his legs.
7. Falun Gong is a cultivation practice of the Buddha school. It prohibits killing and suicide. Falun Gong's main book Zhuan Falun (published in 1995) has a section entitled “The Issue of Killing” in Lecture Seven. It reads, “The issue of killing is very sensitive. For practitioners, we have set the strict requirement that they cannot kill lives.”
In “Lecture in Sydney” authored by Mr. Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong (published in 1996) a practitioner asked: “... Killing a life is a very big sin. If a person commits suicide, does it count as a sin or not?” Master Li answered, “It counts as a sin. … Therefore, committing suicide is sinful.”
8. Although the “self-immolation incident” that Jiang and Luo orchestrated is full of loopholes, those seeking to profit from the situation have filled China's school textbooks, exam papers and application forms with this false propaganda to frighten children and young students, and to turn them against Falun Gong.
Public inquiries may be directed to email@example.com