(Minghui.org) Mr. Li Jianbo, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Rizhao City, Shandong Province, was sentenced to an eight-year prison term in 2005 as ordered by the 610 Office. He was held in the notorious Taian Prison for five years, and released in 2010.

Mr. Li was recently illegally arrested by officers from the local Domestic Security Division. The Rizhao City Procuratorate issued the arrest approval on December 2, 2013, after he had been held for approximately a month.

Mr. Li’s parents, who are in their seventies, and retired from the Vocational and Technical College in Rizhao City, went to the college on the morning of December 3, 2013 to meet the college’s leader, as ordered by the officers from the college’s security section.

Officers from the Rizhao City Police Department were waiting for them. The officers included Wang Pengju, captain of the Rizhao Domestic Security Division, and officers Qin Yujing and Meng Qingfeng from the Donggang Domestic Security Division.

Mr. Li’s parents were told that Mr. Li was arrested because he had been “using a heretical organization to undermine the implementation of law.”

Officers Refuse to Identify Themselves

Mr. Li was tailed by plainclothes officers in a car on October 27, 2013. The next day he and his father were arrested on orders from Wang from the Taian Police Station.

The police broke into and ransacked his home. His mother was alone at home at the time. She was confused when she realized that it was not her son but a group of officers who had barged into her home.

They confiscated a photo of Master Li Hongzhi, Falun Dafa books, two computers, a printer, a CD burner, DVD players, cell phones, and approximately 7,000 yuan in bills with messages about Falun Dafa written on them. The officers did not show legal documents or search warrants. They also didn't show their IDs or tell Ms. Li’s family their names.

Mr. Li's Parents Subjected to Brainwashing

Several officers roughly held her down, which resulted in bruises. As the officers carried her down the stairs from the third floor, she tried to resist and said loudly "Falun Dafa is good" all the way.

Mr. Li’s parents were held at a remote brainwashing center for eight days. A dozen of their former fellow teachers from the college were forced to participate in the brainwashing sessions. They threatened and harassed Mr. Li’s parents, and pressured them to write a guarantee statement renouncing Falun Dafa.

All the costs of their eight days in the brainwashing center, including the food and drink, were paid by Mr. Li’s family and the college. To make things worse for Mr. Li’s parents, they did not let either one know that the other was detained at the same place.

Mr. Li is still being held at the Rizhao Detention Center.

Furious at Being Identified

By late 2012, government officials and the Party commissioners in Rizhao City had received lots of truth clarification information about Falun Dafa by mail and through phone calls. As a result, many realized the truth about Falun Dafa and the persecution.

Some were extremely upset because their misdeeds were becoming widely known. Liang Yunai, deputy director of the People’s Congress in Rizhao City, demanded that those spreading the truth about Falun Dafa be found.

The Domestic Security Division in Rizhao City started the search action and named it “0108,” which is the date Liang reprimanded the division in 2013.

Officers involved, with Wang himself in charge, conducted a year-long secret surveillance, which included phone taps, and inspections of all practitioners on the list in Rizhao City. They compared the handwriting on letters to work reports, and asked hand writing experts to find who had written the truth clarification letters.

Data on the computer confiscated from Mr. Li’s home was encrypted. Experts from Jinan City, hired by the officers, were not able to decrypt it.