(Minghui.org) (continued from Part 1 ) 

This article presents some gruesome statistics compiled from Minghui sources regarding the number of practitioners who died as a direct result of the torture and abuse they received in China's forced labor camp system over the last nearly 15 years of the persecution of Falun Gong, along with photos and details of numerous well-documented cases. WARNING: Graphic images.


Xue Xia (薛霞)

Xue Xia and her husband (Source: Minghui.org) The daughter and son of Xue Xia (Source: Minghui.org)

A mother of two children was tortured to death in the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp on February 21, 2003, because she persevered in practicing Falun Gong.

Ms. Xue Xia, 33, lived in Jiejiatun Village, Xingtai City, Hebei Province. She went to Beijing to appeal on January 1, 2000, and was illegally sentenced to three years at Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp.

She was brutally beaten at the forced labor camp, and force-fed a so-called “brainwashing pill” (drug torture). After taking the pill, she had allergic reactions, including diarrhea and vomiting. She later lost consciousness.

Seeing that she was on the verge of death in May 2001, the forced labor camp released her on medical bail. After Xue Xia returned to Xingtai City, the Xingtai City Hospital diagnosed her as having diminished brain capacity. The doctor said this type of brain illness only happens to elderly people.

She spent more than 10,000 yuan for medical treatment, all her own money. Her mother later took her home and read Dafa books to her every day. Ms. Xue gradually recovered and became able to take care of herself. Her neighbors witnessed this change.

During Ms. Xue's recovery period, vicious officers from the South Xinhua Road Police Station broke into her mother's home. They took her Falun Gong books and her photo of Mr. Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong.

On September 27, 2002, the head and two clerks from Meishi Street Committee led five female guards from Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp to the home of Ms. Xue's mother. They took away her mother and her daughter, and confiscated two copies of the book Zhuan Falun, along with a tape recorder and a set of cassettes.

Soon after Ms. Xue was sent to the forced labor camp, she was forcibly brainwashed. On November 15, 2002, Xue Xia had a relapse and became unconscious. She was dying. She was sent back to Xingtai City on January 4, 2003 for medical treatment. There, her life depended on transfusions and oxygen therapy. She passed away on the afternoon of February 21, 2003.

A receipt for Xue Xia's treatment cost in the Xingtai City Hospital (Source: Minghui.org)

Zhang Quanfu (张全福) and son Zhang Qifa (张启发)

Zhang Quanfu (张全福) (Source: Minghui.org) Zhang Quanfu and grand daughter Zhang Qi (Source: Minghui.org) Zhang Quanfu's son Zhang Qifa (张启发) (Source: Minghui.org)

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Quanfu, 65, was tortured to death in Brigade 2, Division 6 of the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, Jilin Province on January 2, 2003.

Mr. Zhang Quanfu was the father of Mr. Zhang Qifa. He worked at the Sanchazi Forest Farm of the Jiangyuan County Forestry Bureau in Baishan City, Jilin Province.

Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp began out a new round of torture in early November 2002. Mr. Zhang Quanfu had already been tortured and was significantly injured in many parts of his body. His pants were always wet from pus draining from his wounds, and he weighed less than 66 pounds. He ate very little and was in critical condition. Instead of releasing him, the forced labor camp escalated the torture. They extended the time he was forced to sit on a board without moving to from 5:00 a.m. to midnight.

When Mr. Zhang Quanfu was called into the guards' room, Guard Wang Tao asked him whether he would continue practicing Falun Gong. Mr. Zhang Quanfu said, "I will cultivate Dafa as long as I can breathe." Wang Tao grabbed a large cup of boiling water and poured it over his hands. The skin on his hands was burned, and blistered immediately.

After this torture, Mr. Zhang Quanfu's condition progressively worsened. His hands became infected, and he could no longer eat or drink. The squadron lead guard, Li Zhongbo, claimed he was just pretending, and ordered guards to lock a cangue (a heavy wooden board with an opening for the head) around his neck and lead him to the cafeteria daily. Mr. Zhang Quanfu was forced to sit on the board the day before he died. The guards saw that he was about to die and sent him to the hospital, but it was too late. He died that evening.

Mr. Zhang's son, Zhang Qifa, was taken by police officers to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp for one year of forced labor on March 6, 2002. Guards Zhao Dongli and Shu Shenglin from the Second Division beat him viciously with belts, and continuously tortured him using other methods for three days. They dragged him out to the guards' room for torture.

The sound of beating, the sizzling of the electric batons, and cries of great pain could be clearly heard. When the guards were tired, they dragged him back to his room. They then tortured him once again.

After the severe beating, there was very little uninjured skin left on Mr. Zhang Qifa. He was in critical condition. His body was full of scars, and his skin was black and covered with many wounds when he was released on January 18, 2003. His legs were in such great pain that he could not walk. He had difficulty breathing, speaking, and excreting. He died on January 19, 2003.

Zhou Jingsen (周景森)

Zhou Jingsen, 68, a professor in Harbin College of Management, Heilongjiang Province (Source: Minghui.org)

Mr. Zhou Jingsen was from Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. He was arrested and jailed with Team Four of Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp for his belief in Falun Gong. Because he refused to cooperate with the guards' demands, he was brutally tortured at the camp.

Mr. Zhou developed scabies all over his body, from his neck to his ankles, due to mistreatement in the labor camp. He was so emaciated that he couldn't even sit straight. The guards forced all practitioners, including Zhou Jingsen, to sit during the day, and didn't allow them to make a move. Oftentimes Zhou Jingsen fell, and other people had to help him up. Even so, the guards still wouldn't release Zhou. Yang Yu, a team officer, later moved Zhou Jingsen to a room and detained him there, and still wouldn't set him free.

One month later, some high-up officials came to inspect the camp, and found Zhou Jingsen bedridden. Not wanting to take any responsibility should Zhou die, they finally released him. Mr. Zhou passed away on September 2, 2003, just a few days after his return home.

Mr. Zhou Jingsen tortured and bedridden (Source: Minghui.org) A family member takes care of Mr. Zhou. (Source: Minghui.org)

Guo Shijun (郭士军)

Mr. Guo Shijun (Source: Minghui.org) Mr. Guo Shijun and his daughter (Source: Minghui.org)

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Guo Shijun, 52, lived in Mingxing Village, Hongqi County, Nangang District in Harbin City. On February 13, 2004, officers from the Dongguan Police Station arrested him while he was distributing truth clarification materials in Dongguan Town, Shuangcheng City. He was sent to the No. 2 Detention Center in Shuangcheng City, and was later illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor.

Mr. Guo was tortured at the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp. The guards twice tied him to a metal chair for long periods of time. The first time he was left tied there for two days and two nights, and the second time he was left tied for four days and four nights. The guards shocked him with electric batons. There were wounds, bruises, and cuts covering his body.

The labor camp released Mr. Guo on February 1, 2005, on the brink of death. He faded in and out of consciousness, could not move, constantly coughed, and was in great pain.

Mr. Guo Shijun passed away at noon on February 9, 2005 (Chinese New Year).

Body of Guo Shijun, showing wounds from torture. (Source: Minghui.org)

Na Zhenxian (那振贤)

Mr. Na Zhenxian, 58, was a farmer who lived in Zhiye Village, Xiqin Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. Prior to practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Na was a heavy smoker and drinker. He was sick and could not work prior to 1996, when he began practicing Falun Gong. He subsequently recovered from his illness, gave up smoking and drinking, and was able to start working again.

Mr. Na Zhenxian, 58, a farmer who lived in Zhiye Village, Xiqin Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province (Source Minghui.org).

Mr. Na Zhenxian was arrested again on the evening of February 27, 2004 at his home by Pan Chunku (male) and Sun Jinxing (male) of the township government and police station. He was sent to Shuangcheng City Police Department the next morning at around 4:00 a.m., and locked in Shuangcheng City Second Detention Center.

During the detention, Sun Jinxing, the police station head, and his helper Zhang Xiaoyin (male) tried many times to extort more money from his family, but in vain. They then had Mr. Na Zhenxian sentenced to two years of forced labor, without any evidence or legal grounds. Mr. Na was locked in the Fourth Ward of Changlinzi Men's Forced Labor Camp.

Officials at Changlinzi Men's Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province notified Mr. Na Zhenxian's family at 2:00 p.m. on September 16, 2005, stating that Mr. Na was very sick, and that they should visit him immediately. His family went right away, but Mr. Na Zhenxian had been tortured to death, and had many wounds on his body.

Body of Mr. Na Zhenxian (Source: Minghui.org) Body of Mr. Na Zhenxian (Source: Minghui.org) Body of Mr. Na Zhenxian (Source: Minghui.org)

Mr. Na Zhenxian's remains are still frozen in Harbin, as his family is suing the forced labor camp. Harbin Court has yet to process the case as they're claiming there is insufficient evidence.

Jiang Xiqing (江锡清)

Mr. Jiang Xiqing and his family (Source: Minghui.org)

Mr. Jiang Xiqing, 66, is a retired employee of the Jiangjin City Property Tax Department under the jurisdiction of the Chongqing Municipality. He lived in Room 301 in the Jizi Building of the Jiangjin City Property Tax Department. Mr. Jiang, a Falun Gong practitioner, was taken from his home by local Communist Party officials on May 13, 2008, the day after the major earthquake in Sichuan Province.

Mr. Jiang passed away at Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City on January 28, 2009. The circumstances surrounding his death are unclear. Seven hours after being notified of his death, his family found his body still warm in the freezer. Labor camp officials offerred no reasonable explanation for his death, and had his body cremated without his family's consent. They even forged records of a postmortem examination. In addition, they dispatched people to monitor and even threaten his family, ransack their home, and beat their attorney, all to prevent his children from seeking justice for his death.

The postmortem examination report clearly stated that Mr. Jiang Xiqing had three broken ribs (Nos. 4, 5 and 6), suggesting that police brutality played a role in Mr. Jiang's death. (Source: Minghui.org) Mr. Jiang Xiqing's death certificate from hospital. (Source: Minghui.org)

Sun Shuxiang (孙淑香)

Ms. Sun Shuxiang, 53, died at 4:35 p.m. on October 10, 2010. Ms. Sun had been arrested, detained, sentenced to forced labor, and tortured multiple times since the Chinese Communist Party began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Ms. Sun was cited as a torture victim by prominent attorney Gao Zhisheng in an open letter to top Chinese officials Hu Jintao and Wen Jiabao on December 12, 2005. He said, "Ms. Sun Shuxiang, 48, was arrested and detained nine times during six years of persecution."

Two other Falun Dafa practitioners, Ms. Wang Yuhuan and Ms. Liu Lihua, who were interviewed by lawyer Gao Zhisheng, also died as a result of persecution.

Ms. Sun was taking care of her grandson at her daughter's home early on the morning of September 22, 2009, when agents from Changchun City Domestic Security and the 610 Office arrested her. She was detained for nine months, and tortured at the Changchun Police Department, Changchun No. 3 Detention Center, and Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. Ms. Sun developed serious health problems and became very thin. She had difficulty breathing, eating, and drinking. Her abdomen was full of fluid and she became extremely weak.

The labor camp finally agreed to release her on medical parole in June 2010. She was nonetheless still monitored by the police. In the end, Ms. Sun couldn't recover, and passed away on October 10, 2009.

Lawyer Gao Zhisheng is still imprisoned in China.

Ms. Sun Shuxiang, ten days after being released from the forced labor camp (June 2010) (Source: Minghui.org)

All of the cases listed above are from the forced labor camps under the jurisdication of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

Among the 546 Falun Gong practitioners tortured to death in forced labor camps that are documented in the Investigation Report of Falun Gong Practitioners Tortured to Death by the CCP, 474 were directly tortured to death at 110 known forced labor camps. They are:

The cases reported on the Minghui.org website are just the tip of the iceberg. The crimes of forced labor camps are countless.

None of the perpetrators in these persecution cases have been brought to justice. But many of them have been promoted for their brutal deeds, due to the Chinese Communist Party's persecution policy.

The perpetrators who conducted such brutal torture in the forced labor camps must face trial even though the Communist Party has dismantled the forced labor camp system.