(Minghui.org) Although the Chinese communist regime has claimed to have abolished China's forced labor system, only the tactics appear to have changed. The persecution of Falun Dafa has never stopped.


According to Minghui website reports, at least 31 Falun Dafa practitioners from Harbin City were sentenced to prison in 2013. 14 out of 61 arrested practitioners were sentenced, under what is known as the “March 29” case, to long prison terms and tortured.


Known cases in Harbin City indicate that four practitioners were sentenced to prison terms of ten or more years, fourteen practitioners were sentenced to five to eight years, and thirteen practitioners to up to five years.


Fourteen Practitioners Sentenced to Long Terms in Yilan County


What is known as the “March 29” case was processed in Harbin in 2013. Preliminary statistic indicates that 61 practitioners were arrested that day and 14 were sentenced to prison terms. Three practitioners were sentenced to over ten years, eight to over five years, and three to three years. All were tortured.


Practitioner Ms. Fei Shuqin was sentenced to a 13-year term, Mr. Mo Zhikui and Ms. Zhang Huijuan to 12 years, Mr. Zuo Zhenqi and Ms. Lu Fengyun to six years, Mr. Sun Wenfu, Mr. Zhang Jinku, Ms. Chen Yan, Mr. Liu Fengcheng, Ms. Meng Fanying, and Ms. Duan Shuyan to five years, and Ms. Jiang Lianying, Mr. Xu Feng, and Mr. Li Dapeng each to three years.


Ms. Fei Shuqin was tortured in the detention center and twice taken to the hospital for emergency treatment because her life was in danger. The detention center extorted 8,000 yuan from her family, telling them that the center would not offer medical treatment if they didn't hand over the money.


Ms. Fei passed out during the trial in the Yilan County Court on August 21, 2013. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance, and returned to the court when she regained consciousness, to be tried again. She was given a 13-year sentence.


Mr. Mo Zhikui's hands were handcuffed behind his back, and he was beaten until he vomited blood. He was sentenced to a 12-year prison term.


 Torture illustration: Handcuffed behind the back


Mr. Sun Wenfu's hands were burned, and he was beaten in the Yilan Detention Center. He was sentenced to a five-year term.


The police tortured Mr. Zhang Jinku in the Yilan Detention Center to extract a confession. He was beaten, which injured the left side of his chest, and knocked out his teeth. He contracted tuberculosis and became extremely weak and disoriented. The persecutors grabbed his hand to force him to fingerprint the integration document. He was sentenced to a five-year prison term.


Mr. Liu Fengcheng was tortured during interrogation by officers in the criminal offense department at the Yilan Detention Center. His right eye was bruised, and he was sentenced to five years in prison.


Ms. Liu Yan had a stroke on New Year's Eve 2013 and recovered a few months after she began practicing Falun Gong. She was arrested on March 29 and sentenced to a five-year term.


Mr. Xu Feng was forced to bend over for a long time while holding his hands behind his back. The police held 200 watt light bulbs to the top of his head and soles of his feet. They deprived him of sleep until he was mentally traumatized. The guards ordered inmates to beat him and extorted a large amount of money from him. They also withheld food. Mr. Xu was sentenced to a three-year prison term and taken to the Jiamusi Prison.


Nine Practitioners Sentenced in the Archeng District of Harbin


Practitioners Ms. Wang Qiuxia, Ms. Liu Guiying, and Ms. Zhao Caihong of the Archeng District were sentenced to prison terms by the Harbin City Court in October 2013.


Ms. Wang, 57, was sentenced to eight years, Ms. Liu to five years, and Ms. Zhao to four years.


Ms. Tan Yurui, Ms. Tan Guiying, and Mr. Chen Kun were arrested and tried in October 2012. After the trial, the court notified the attorneys that Ms. Tan Yurui had been sentenced to a ten-year term, Ms. Tan Guiying to a six-year term, and Mr. Chen Kun to a four-year prison term.


Ms. Tan Yurui, 39, took good care of her cousin's father-in-law, who had had a brain tumor operation. When she was arrested by officers from the Xinhua Township Police Station, over 400 villagers signed petitions asking for her release.


The Archeng District Court tried Mr. Xie Jinde, Ms. Cai Shuxia, Ms. Liu Changmei, and Ms. Zhao Lan on September 19, 2012.


Mr. Xie was sentenced to five years, taken to Hulan Prison in Harbin City, and later transferred to the Daqing Prison.


Ms. Zhao Lan and Ms. Cai Shuxia were each sentenced to three years in prison.


Hulan District Sentences


In the Hulan District, practitioner Mr. Zhang Qingsheng was sentenced to seven years and Ms. Wu Lijun to four and a half years. 


Mr. Zhang Qingsheng of Harbin City was sentenced to a seven-year prison term by the Hulan District Court. Wei Debin, chief of the courtroom, and Hou Zhenyu, judge, refused to give the family the verdict.


It was learned that the court upheld the four and a half year prison term ruling by the lower court for Ms. Wu Lijun, who had just been released from prison after having served ten years.


Ms. Song Yingjie Sentenced to an Eight-Year Prison Term


Ms. Song Yingjie, 43, was employed as a nurse in the Harbin Medical School No. 3 Hospital. The hospital asked her to come to work. Officer Liu Wei and others from the Liaoyang Police Station in the Nangang District arrested her on April 28, 2012.


Ms. Song's parents endured -22° F temperatures to visit her in the Harbin No. 2 Detention Center on January 22, 2013, after she had been held for over nine months. After repeated questioning, warden Liu Zhiru finally admitted that Ms. Song had been secretly tried and sentenced to an eight-year prison term in September 2012. She is now in the Heilongjiang Women's Prison.


Mr. Zhao Xidong Sentenced to Four Years in Prison


Mr. Zhao Xidong was sentenced to four years in prison by the Nangang District Court and Harbin Intermediate Court. He was taken to Hulan Prison in February 2013.


Ms. Xiang Xiaoyan Sentenced to a Three-Year Prison Term


Ms. Xiang Xiaoyan, 35, is an engineer in the Heilongjiang Provincial Computer Center.


Officers Zhang Xumin, Liu Xiwei, and a few other plainclothes officers from the Nangang District Security Squadron arrested her at her home. They ransacked her home, but refused to identify themselves until her husband came home.


Ms. Xiang's family hired two attorneys, but Captain Zhou Songbing of the Domestic Security Division of the Nangang Police Department, and Fan Xiangrui, refused to let her meet with her attorneys. They claimed that they would not let her attorneys be present in the trial even if they came to Harbin.


Ms. Xiang was sentenced to three years in prison, and is now being held in Ward No. 9 of the Heilongjiang Women's Prison.


Practitioners Ms. Zhang Hongfang and Ms. Zhao Yunxia Each Sentenced to a Four-Year Prison Term


Ms. Zhang Hong Fang from the Daowai District was held in the Harbin Detention Center since her arrest in July 2012, and sentenced to a four-year prison term just before New Year's Day 2013. She was taken to the Heilongjiang Women's Prison in February 2013.


Ms. Zhao Yunxia from the Daowai District was arrested in September 2012 and sentenced to four years in prison. She is now in the Heilongjiang Women's Prison.


Ms. Li Xiaoxia of the Pingfang District Sentenced to a Three-Year Term


Ms. Li Xiaoxia, 48, is an engineer at the Dongqing Factory in the Pingfang District. She was arrested by officers from the Xingjiang Police Station in September 2012. The Pingfang District Court sentenced her to a three-year prison term without notifying her family, and took her to the Heilongjiang Women's Prison in April 2013.