Summary of Key Persecution Facts:

Name: Song Chunyuan (宋春媛)
Gender: Female
Age: 56
Address: Unknown
Retired railway worker
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 26, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Heilongjiang Women's Prison (黑龙江省女子监狱)
City: Harbin
Province: Heilongjiang
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, torture, extortion, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

Ms. Song Chunyuan is a retired worker from Tahe Railway in Daxinganling, Heilongjiang Province. Years ago she was involved in a severe traffic accident and as a result was disabled. When she began practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Song felt that she was given a second life. She told people about the benefits of this wonderful cultivation practice. However, when the persecution began, Ms. Song was illegally arrested by the Chinese Communist Party and sentenced to forced labor several times. In 2011 she was sentenced to four years in prison. Ms. Song is now 56 years old and has been enduring persecution, including torture, at Heilongjiang Women's Prison.

Catastrophic Traffic Accident

Ms. Song Chunyuan when she was young

Ms. Song Chunyuan

It was raining hard on July 16, 1975, and because of the low visibility, the vehicle Ms. Song Chunyuan was riding in crashed into a train. Twelve people died in the accident. Nineteen-year-old Ms. Song was thrown between the two train tracks. After she was struck, the train pushed her further, causing injuries all over her body and her skull was punctured. When she was examined, she had severe injuries, and she was diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury which caused brain vibration and damage at the thoracic and lumbar periosteal, and joint dysfunction. However the most serious injury was to her kidneys: one kidney was no longer in its normal position, and the other one developed hydronephrosis. Her complications included incontinence, which developed into uremia.

After the accident Ms. Song began a long journey, searching for any treatment to alleviate her suffering. Her condition, coupled with the financial burden of paying for her treatment, brought tremendous anxiety and pressure to her family. She underwent several major surgeries, which left a nearly foot-long scar. In the more than ten years spent searching for treatment, Ms. Song spent more than 100,000 yuan. This placed a huge financial burden on her family and her company.

In 1992, Ms. Song's company stopped paying for her medical expenses, and she had to leave the hospital and go home. At home, Ms. Song could only lie in bed and couldn't take care of herself. Her family had to take care of her. She sometimes had to wear a back brace, and she had to rely on some kind of painkiller, otherwise the pain in her lower back was unendurable. Moreover, because of the kidney detoxification function, she couldn't take any more drugs. She had to take traditional Chinese medicine every day. Because of the pain, Ms. Song had a bad temper. She easily got angry, and scolded others. The pain of illness, the hopelessness of life and the suffering it brought to her whole family made her feel as if she were more dead than alive.

In 1998, a friend told Ms. Song about Falun Dafa and she began practicing. After she practiced Falun
Gong for one month, the ailments she had suffered from for years – stomach diseases, cholecystitis, cervical spondylosis, arthritis, uremia – were all gone.

After she began practicing Falun Dafa, Ms. Song's temper changed and she became a kind person. She was considerate of others, and never got angry. She also voluntarily cleaned the public corridor in her building. She helped others and got along with her neighbors very well. Everyone said she looked much younger than her actual age, which was 50 years old. She deeply felt that Master had given her a new life.

Unlawfully Arrested Five Times

However, after the CCP began to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Song was illegally arrested five times because she persisted in her belief and refused to renounce Falun Gong.

In July 2000, Ms. Song went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She was arrested by officers from the Qianmen Police Station in Beijing, where she was interrogated and beaten. She was forced to stand under the scorching sun for more than four hours. She was also hung up in a tree overnight and bitten by mosquitoes. Afterwards, Ms. Song was taken to the Daxinanling New Forest Detention Center and detained for more than twenty days. She was also extorted for 4,000 yuan.

In 2001, New Forest Police Station officers Wang Xiquan, Cai, and others broke into Ms. Song's home. They took her and another practitioner to the New Forest Detention Center and detained them for 49 days. The party secretary whose last name is Xue also forced Ms. Song to pay 5,000 yuan.

On June 12, 2003, Ms. Song, Ms. Sha Xiaoyan and Ms. Diao Fengzhen were trapped by several people working for the CCP when they went to a copy shop in Tahe County to print Falun Gong flyers. Officer Xu Feng from the Tahe Police Station led Shi Wei, Yang Kai, Han Yuqing, and Wang Xi, who was from the Taergeng Police Station, to break into Song Chunyuan's home and arrest her. After she was detained at the Tahe Detention Center for more than forty days, Ms. Song was taken to the Shuanghe Labor Camp in Qiqihar for a period of three years. Later, Song Chunyuan returned home on medical parole.

On the evening of January 21, 2010, when Song Chunyuan was distributing Falun Gong flyers, she was arrested by policeman Shi Wei from the Tahe National Security Brigade. Li Jun, Shi Wei, Yang Kai, Wang Guo-yi, Han Degang, all from the Tahe Domestic Security Team, and Li Yanguo from the Tahe Police Department broke into Ms. Song's home. They took away her Dafa books, two MP3 players and a computer. They also took Ms. Song's daughter to the Tahe County Police Department for interrogation. The next day, Wang Guoyi and others intruded into Ms. Song's home again. They put her Dafa books back where they originally were and started taking photos. They took photos of every room, including the doors. This time, Ms. Song was detained at Tahe Detention Center for two months. She was also extorted for two thousand yuan in “boarding fees.”

Around 7:00 p.m. on April 26, 2011, when Ms. Song rode her bike to the residential community of the Tahe County General Repair Factory, she was arrested by Guo Lijun, deputy team leader Shi Wei of the Tahe County Domestic Security Team, and officer Li Xizhong and others from the Tahe Police Department. She was verbally abused and beaten by Li Jun, the team leader of the Tahe Police Department. The police also ransacked Ms. Song's home, and then took her to the Tahe Detention Center.

Framed and Sentenced to Four Years in Prison

On May 30, 2011, officers Li Xizhong and Lin Guangsong from the Tahe Police Department sent an arrest warrant. However, all the testimony and exhibits against Ms. Song were fabricated. Among the “evidence” shown in court against her was a plastic bag hung on a door.

After Ms. Song was detained at the Tahe Detention Center for three months, the Tahe Detention Center and the police department still would not allow her family to visit her, not even to bring her necessities. The Tahe County Police Department and the court collaborated in fabricating trumped-up charges against Ms. Song. Domestic Security Team leader Li Jun insisted on sentencing Ms. Song. On July 13, 2011, after she was detained at the Tahe Detention Center, she was placed on trial. All the charges were false, and the so-called evidence was fabricated. Even the four witnesses were fake, and Ms. Song was denied her legal right to an attorney. She was sentenced to four years in prison.

Ms. Song was taken to Harbin Women's Prison in Heilongjiang Province, where she was subjected to further persecution, including brainwashing. She was also made to sit for long periods of time on a small stool, as well as other forms of tortures.

Ms. Song was persecuted at the prison for nearly two years. Her daughter, Wu Dan, greatly missed her mom and wanted to take a photo of her when they were in the visiting room. However, the guards angrily took her cell phone away. Ms. Song was devastated by the treatment of her daughter, and afterwards quickly appeared to age.

Daughter Arrested and Imprisoned

Since the communist regime began persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Song has been harassed and arrested many times. Her daughter was also subjected to persecution because her mother is a practitioner.

In June 2003, officers Xu Feng, Shi Wei, Yang Kai and others from the Tahe Police Department, along with officer Wang Xiquan and others from Tarergen broke into Ms. Song's home. They ransacked it and arrested Ms. Song. Ms. Song's daughter Wu Dan snatched Zhuan Falun out of officer Yang Kai's hands. The officer claimed she was “interfering with an officer's duty” and detained the young woman for seven days in the Tahe Detention Center.

Around 10 p.m. on July 8, 2012, Shi Wei, Yang Kai and others from the Tahe Police Department intruded into Ms. Song's home again. They took Wu Dan, who was still in her pajamas and slippers, to the Tahe County Police Department. Li Jun and other officers interrogated her throughout the night until the next day in the afternoon. Then they finally released her.

Over the last thirteen years, agents from the Tahe Domestic Security Team, the Tahe Police Department, the Tallin Neighborhood Committee, the New Forest Police Station, and the Taergen Police Station have continuously harassed and persecuted Ms. Song, her daughter Wu Dan, and their relatives and friends. Now Wu Dan cannot relax and her heart races whenever she hears someone knocking at the door.

Partial information for those who participated in the persecution of Ms. Song Chunyuan:
Gou Bing (
勾兵), head of Tahe County Police Department: +86-13904570515, +86-457-3666743
Xu Feng (
许峰), deputy head: +86-13604873435, +86-457-3662676 (Office), +86-457-3662282 (Home)
Li Jun (
李军), head of the Domestic Security Team: +86-13804843102, +86-457-3663932
Shi Wei (
史伟), deputy head of the Domestic Security Team: +86-457-3663932
Li Yanguo (
李延国), officer of Talin Police Station: +86-13846561858, +86-13846561058, +86-457-3663945 (Office)
Tahe County 610 Office: +86-457-3609042, +86-457-3609046
New Forest Police Station: +86-457-3181240, +86-457-2725398
Tarergeng Police Station: +86-457-3120059
Lu Changping (陆长平), head of Tahe County Court: +86-13604872773, +86-457-3662360, +86-457-3662380 (Office)
(For more perpetrators and their contact information, please refer to the original Chinese article)