(Minghui.org) When Panjin Prison was closed on May 8, 2012, all Falun Dafa practitioners were transferred to other prisons. Some were taken to the 19 th Ward (high intensity ward) or 13 th Ward (for the elderly and disabled) at Shenyang No. 1 Prison, where they were tortured.

Forced to sit on a small stool or tiger bench all day and deprived of sleep

Practitioners in the 19 th Ward had to get up at 5:30 a.m. and were forced to sit on small stools until after 10:00 p.m.. In addition, they were not allowed to talk. Inmates were ordered to monitor them and beat and verbally abuse them.

A practitioner who refused to renounce their belief was transferred to the 18 th Ward. In that ward they are handcuffed to a tiger bench in a dark room. Furthermore, they are deprived of sleep and forced to watch videos slandering Falun Dafa. Anyone that became sleepy was told by the guards and inmates that they will not let them sleep unless they renounce their belief in Falun Dafa.

Mr. Gao Mingxing put in solitary confinement

Mr. Gao Mingxing from Anshan City in Liaoning Province was arrested on August 1, 2007 by officers from the Dandong City Domestic Security Division. He was sentenced to 12 years in prison for participating in the February 4 and August 25 TV broadcasting interruption incidents in 2004.

Mr. Gao was tortured in Panjin Prison to the extent that he had fluid accumulating in his lungs. When Panjin Prison closed on May 8, 2012, he was transferred to the elderly and disabled team in the 13 th Ward of Shenyang No. 1 Prison. However, an examination report written by doctors from Liaoning Province Prison Hospital on May 29, 2012 stated that his lungs were normal.

Head of the team Fan stated that Mr. Gao's physical condition was worrisome, but told Mr. Gao's family members, “We will not release him until he renounces his belief.” Fan claimed that he had managed to get many practitioners to renounce their belief. One of them had been sentenced to ten years and was to be released within a few days because he had been transformed by him.

Mr. Gao's family saw him on May 14, 2012. He was in a wheelchair and looked very weak. His voice was so soft that you could hardly hear him speak. During the next family visit on January 13, 2013, they were told that he had been tortured because he did the Falun Gong exercises and remained steadfast in his belief.

Mr Gao had lost almost all his teeth. He was unable to eat solid food and was in critical condition. He told his family that he had been in solitary confinement. He said, “If I die, it’s because of the torture in this prison. It is they who are killing me.”

Mr Gao was transferred to the 19 th Ward after the 2013 New Year Festival. The head of the team there has the surname Cui. Mr. Gao's family contacted the person in charge of the 19 th Ward Song, who was very rude to them. Song said that Mr. Gao was in solitary confinement and that they would keep him in there until the day he renounces his belief.

The address of Shenyang No. 1 Prison is: 3 Yuxin Road. Yuhong District, Shenyang City.

The prison warden's surname is Liu.