Summary of Key Persecution Facts:
Wu Youping (吴友平)



Jinping District, Shantou City, Guangdong Province


Date of Most Recent Arrest:
February 22, 2013

Most Recent Place of Detention:
Tuopu Detention Center (鮀浦看守所)

Detention City:
Detention Province: Guangdong
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, force-feedings, home ransacked, interrogation, and detention

( Mr. Wu Youping is a Falun Gong practitioner from Jinping District, Shantou City, Guangdong Province. On February 22, 2013, police from the Qilu Police Station arrested him for talking to people about Falun Dafa and distributing truth-clarification materials. His home was illegally searched and his wife was arrested. For over ten years, Mr. Wu has been repeatedly persecuted by minions from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for practicing Falun Dafa. He was tortured and because of the CCP policy of guilt by association his family was harassed too.

Beginning to Practice Falun Dafa in a Detention Center

Mr. Wu Youping is originally from Raoping of Chaozhou City, Guangdong Province. He was detained in 2000 because of a traffic accident. While in detention, he met Falun Dafa practitioners and started practicing Falun Dafa after understanding the true meaning of life. Ever since then, Mr. Wu has been living by the the Falun Dafa principles Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance. He keeps improving his moral conduct and has benefited physically and mentally.

After Mr. Wu was released from the detention center, he saw that millions of people who cultivate by the principles Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance were being brutally persecuted. Therefore, he felt compelled to tell people the facts about Falun Dafa. He was arrested, his home was ransacked, and he was tortured and persecuted for more than ten years.

On December 13, 2002, Mr. Wu Youping was arrested by police from the Xinlu Police Station at Longhu of Shantou City. Police kicked his back, ribs and head, then tried to extort a confession through torture.

Two days later, Mr. Wu was taken to the Raoping Detention Center where guards tortured him for over ten months. He was sentenced to a five-year term at Meizhou Prison in Guangdong Province.

Torture and Force-feeding

At Meizhou Prison, Mr. Wu You was relentlessly tortured. They tried to “transform” him and he became mentally disoriented. After he became clear-minded, he announced that the guarantee statements not to practice Falun Dafa that he wrote were invalid because they were extorted under torture.

The guards in turn dragged him into a room and beat and shocked him with multiple electrical batons. Mr. Wu refused to renounce Falun Dafa. Guards poured water over his body before shocking him with electric batons. Mr. Wu lost consciousness after being shocked for an hour. Guards continued to beat and shock him with electric batons until he was unable to move.

Mr. Wu went on a hunger strike for one and a half months and the guards force-fed him. Several people pinned him down and used a pair of pincers to open his mouth. They inserted a tube into his stomach and pulled it in and out to hurt him. Although he didn't receive much food, the tube was bloody due to repeated insertion. Mr. Wu passed out from force-feeding. Even though he was too weak to walk, the guards forced him to stand facing a wall for several hours without moving.

After one and a half months, Mr. Wu ended the hunger strike and recovered a little, but he was then taken to the strictly monitored area for refusing to give up his belief. He was forced to do physical training, which was extremely painful. Anyone too tired or too slow was shocked and beaten with electric batons.

Mr. Wu Youping suffered torture and abuse for over one year and experienced pain that most people could not bear. On several occasions he was close to a breakdown. Because he couldn’t bear the pain any longer, he was under duress and gave up his belief, which he later invalidated. Mr. Wu continued to uphold his belief and was finally released from Meizhou Prison.

Release from the Prison Did Not Stop the Persecution

However, Mr. Wu continued to be harassed after being released from prison. He was harassed by the Shantou 610 Office and Domestic Security Unit.

On February 22, 2013, Mr. Wu was again arrested by police from the Qilu Police Station for distributing informational materials. His home was illegally searched and ransacked. Even his wife was arrested. It is rumored that Mr. Wu Youping is being held at the Tuopu Detention Center.

We ask that the international community and kind people everywhere condemn the CCP's persecution and rescue Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wu Youping.