(Minghui.org) Mr. Wu Guangjun, Ms. Yan Shukui, and their son were arrested three years ago for practicing Falun Gong. They were later illegally sentenced to prison terms ranging from three to six years. All three family members currently remain incarcerated. Ms. Yan has been subjected to brutal torture and forced labor in prison. The current condition of her husband and son are unknown.

Ms. Yan is in her mid 40s and lived in the suburb of Ulanhot City of Hinggan League in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. She and her husband and their two sons were arrested in May, 2010 by officers from the Ulanhot City Police Department Domestic Security Division and the 610 Office. The couple was later sentenced to six years in prison and their older son to three years. Ms. Yan was taken to Hohhot City No. 1 Women's Prison in Inner Mongolia at the end of 2010, and her husband and son were taken to Baoanzhao Prison. Their 19-year-old son was released.

It has been learned that Ms. Yan was detained in the “Attack” Division (a unit created specifically to intensely brainwash and persecute unyielding practitioners) in an attempt to force her to renounce her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. They put her in a separate cell and monitored her 24 hours a day. She was not allowed to leave her cell, talk to others, or make phone calls. The inmates assigned to watch her verbally abused her. With all her family members in prison except for their younger son, no one could have sent her money to buy necessities in prison. Ms. Yan was in a very difficult situation and couldn't even afford toilet paper.

Torture Re-enactment: Electric shock

Though it hadn't been long since Ms. Yan started practicing Falun Dafa, she was nonetheless very steadfast. The guards at the Attack Division declared her very “stubborn,” because she would not give up her belief. After having little success with Ms. Yan in the first few months, Xiao Mei, the head of the Attack Division and chief of the Education Division, employed the most vicious criminal inmates and collaborators in a desperate attempt to “transform” Ms. Yan. Several times, they slapped her until her face was red and swollen. Guard Kang Jianwei beat her several times in his office and subjected her to long periods of electric shocks with batons of the highest possible voltage. As a result, she had many injuries on her face and neck.

Ms. Yan was transferred to Ward No. 5 at the end of 2011 and was forced to do hard labor. She had to do more than 10 hours of intense physical labor every day. This was very difficult for her after being so brutally tortured.

The current condition of Mr. Wu and their son are unknown. We ask for people to pay close attention to their cases.

Parties involved:

Yang (X), warden of the Hohhot City No. 1 Women's Prison: +86-471-2396666 (Office)
Ni Rongxiang (倪融香), deputy warden of the Hohhot City No. 1 Women's Prison: +86-471-2396668 (Office)
Yuan Yulu (袁羽露), Political Commissar Office:
Zhang Yan (张艳), chief of the Discipline Division: +86-471-2396581 (Office)
Xiao Mei (肖梅), chief of Education Division: +86-13848129240 (Cell)
Kang Jianwei (康建伟), guard of the “Attack” Division:
Bai Guirong (白桂荣), guard of the “Attack” Division: +86-13847107932 (Cell)