(Minghui.org) When practitioners in China try to explain the facts about Falun Gong and the persecution to people, those who have been deceived by the communist regime's propaganda and lies sometimes report them to the police. Consequently, these practitioners are illegally arrested, incarcerated and tortured for their faith, and some are even killed.

This is what happened to Mr. Li Zhiqin, a Falun Gong practitioner from Ningjin County, Hebei Province. He was arrested in 2007 by officers from the Ningjin County Police Department. They beat him to death only three hours after his arrest.

For years, his family appealed to various governmental departments in order to seek justice for Mr. Li. However, none of the agencies were willing to investigate the case.

On July 5, 2013, the family again appealed to the Hebei Provincial Higher Court, requesting compensation for Mr. Li's death. Three days later, on July 8, his son and the wife and daughter of a witness were arrested by police.

Beaten to Death Three Hours After Being Arrested

Mr. Li Zhiqin

Mr. Li Zhiqin, 50 years old, lived in Xiaozao Village, Ningjin County, Hebei Province. He began to practice Falun Gong in order to improve his health, and soon his severe pulmonary tuberculosis disappeared.

After the communist regime began to defame and persecute Falun Gong, Mr. Li persisted in clarifying the facts to people in order to dispel the regime's slander and lies. For this, he was harassed by officers from the Ningjin County Domestic Security Division and 610 Office.

Mr. Li had to leave home in order to avoid arrest. He went to Zhao County in Shijiazhuang, where he found a part-time job and rented an apartment.

Shen Jianzhong from the Ningjin County Domestic Security Division, as well as other officers from Xingtai, Shijiazhuang, Ningjin and Zhao County, broke into Mr. Li's apartment around 11 p.m. on September 12, 2007. They claimed that someone had reported that he was distributing materials concerning the persecution of Falun Gong.

A dozen officers surrounded Mr. Li and brutally beat him. They then dragged him to a car and took him away. He was beaten to death only three hours after being arrested.

The police didn't immediately inform his family, but waited two days to do so. They told his family that Mr. Li had died from a sudden heart attack.

Mr. Li's family were allowed to see his body, but could only get a quick glance before being forced to leave. The police then quickly cremated the body.

Governmental Agencies Refuse Calls for Justice

Mr. Li's family appealed to various authorities, including the Ningjin Police Department, Procuratorate, Political and Legal Affairs Committee and others, seeking justice for his wrongful death, but to no avail.

The family then turned to the Ningjin County Court, but it also refused to accept the case.

On January 7, 2013, they requested compensation from the Ningjin County Police Department, receiving no response.

On March 22, 2013, they appealed to the Xingtai City Police Department, a higher-level authority, again receiving no response.

Mr. Li Zhiqin's Son Arrested, His Home Ransacked

Mr. Li's family appealed to the Xingtai Court on June 4, 2013, and demanded compensation of his death, which was caused by police. The court declined their appeal on June 10.

The family then appealed to the Hebei Provincial Higher Court on July 5, 2013. Three days later, around 11 p.m. on July 8, local police came to Mr. Li's home to harass the family.

Since the family had been harassed by the local police many times before, they didn't open the door. Police officers broke into their yard the next morning, broke down their front door and ransacked the home. Mr. Li's son, Mr. Li Guang, was arrested and two computers were confiscated.

Witness Forced to Leave Home, His Wife and Daughter Arrested

Mr. Cao Xinrui was one of the witnesses for Mr. Li's case. Local police broke into his house on the evening of July 8, 2013, and arrested his wife and daughter. Mr. Cao was able to escape.

After Mr. Li's tragic death, the entire family depended on the support of his son, Mr. Li Guang, who had just turned 30. Since Mr. Li Guang's arrest, the family has been put under enormous pressure, while still dealing with the grief of losing their loved one.

Contact information of agencies and people involved in the persecution:
Ningjin Police Station: +86-319-5809050
Wang Zhiyong, head of the police station: +86-319-5880556 (Office)
Domestic Security Division: +86-319-5881108
Ningjin Procuratorate: +86-319-5804626
Ningjin County Court: +86-319-5890088
Zhang Zhenhong, head of the Xingtai 610 Office: +86-15531955669
Wang Yanfei, deputy head of the Xingtai Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-319-7872898 (Home)
Hebei 610 Office: +86-319-87906057
Wang Yongzhi, deputy head: +86-13931110731, +86-319-87908681 (Office), +86-319-87906766 (Home)
For additional contact information, please refer to the original Chinese article.