(Minghui.org) Ms. Yang Xuehua, a Falun Gong practitioner from Changsha City in Hunan Province, was arrested and has been held at the Changsha City No. 1 Detention Center for eight months. She was subjected to brainwashing and has been isolated from other inmates. Beatings and long-term isolation have resulted in Ms. Yang suffering a mental breakdown.

Ms. Yang, around 63 years old, is retired and currently lives in the Chinese Medical College dormitory at Hunan Teacher's University. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1996 and has been arrested and detained many times since the Chinese Communist Party initiated the persecution of Falun Gong.

Ms. Yang was reported to the authorities on September 3, 2012, for clarifying the truth in the Pinghetang area on Wuyi Road and was arrested. Her backpack, truth-clarification materials, a cellphone, and cash were confiscated. Under orders from the Tianxin District and Yuelu District 610 Office, she was taken to the Changsha City No. 1 Detention Center and has been held there for eight months. She has been subjected to brainwashing and her family has not been allowed to see her since she was arrested.

The local officials also ransacked Ms. Yang's home. Dafa books, a photo of the founder of Falun Gong, and truth-clarification materials were confiscated. In order to find the source of the materials, the guards at the detention center ordered the inmates to beat and verbally abuse her.

Ms. Yang was arrested in 2010, when she was telling people about the persecution of Falun Gong in Changsha County. After 15 days of detention, she was sentenced to a year and a half of forced labor. However, the labor camp refused to take her because of her high blood pressure.

During the first half of 2012, around six officials from the Yuelu District 610 Office and the Jinxing residential area burst into her home. They threatened and harassed her, then attempted to arrest her.

Ms. Yang has been under severe persecution in detention and has a developed a mental disorder and is delirious. The detention center has not allowed her family to visit her.