Falun Gong Practitioners Brutally Tortured in Second Forced Labor Camp of Shandong Province
(Minghui.org) The Second Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province is known for brutally torturing Falun Gong practitioners. The labor camp is located in Guanzhuang Township, Zhangqiu City.
About 50 practitioners have been detained in Ward No. 7, and 40 in Ward No. 8. Li Gongming, head of Ward No. 8, as well as guards Liu Lin and Zhang Yuhua, have been directly involved in the mistreatment of practitioners.
The followings reports pertain to Falun Gong practitioners currently held in the labor camp:
1. Mr. Chu Liwen, in his 60s, is from Xiashan District, Weifang City. He was illegally detained in May 2013. He refused to renounce his faith and went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The guards then force-fed him food that contained unknown drugs.
2. Mr. Yu Yingzuo is in his 50s. Liu Lin savagely force-fed him, locked him on a “Dead Man's Bed” (a torture instrument), and deprived him of sleep. As a result of the torture, Mr. Yu is now paralyzed on his left side.
3. Practitioner Yan Xubin refused to write a statement to renounce Falun Gong and to do slave labor. The guards then forced Yan to get up earlier than other inmates, who get up at 5:30 a.m., and would not let Yan go to sleep until after midnight.
4. Ms. Wang Xiuhua is currently unable to walk because of the torture she has endured. The guards still instigate criminal inmates to beat her.
5. Practitioner Yan Xulu once wrote a letter to the Procuratorate, exposing the crimes committed by the labor camp in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. Afraid that Yan would do so again, the guards assigned inmates to monitor Yan around the clock. They also beat Yan with a baton, severely damaging the legs. Yan was unable to walk for a long time thereafter.
6. Mr. Yu Shuliang was frequently forced to sit still on a small stool while facing a wall for a prolonged period of time. The torture lasted a year, during which time he was often beaten.
7. Practitioner Liu Xingzhu was also often forced to sit still on a small stool while facing a wall for long periods of time. If Liu moved a little bit, the guards would order other prisoners to beat Liu.
8. Practitioner Song Jinhong refused to write a statement renouncing Falun Gong. In retaliation, the guards forced Song to sit still on a small stool facing a wall for prolonged periods of time. This abuse continued for months.
9. Mr. Mu Xiangshun, 59, also refused to write a statement renouncing his faith. As a result, Li Gongming viciously beat and kicked him.
10. An elderly practitioner with surname Huan wrote a “Solemn Declaration” to nullify previous statements renouncing Falun Gong written under pressure. As a result, Huan was tortured and deprived of sleep.
Whenever any Falun Gong practitioners in Ward No. 8 wrote “Solemn Declarations,” the guards would savagely beat them, deprive them of sleep, force them to do additional slave labor, or force them to sit still on a small stool for prolonged periods of time.