(Minghui.org) Mr. Shi Yanwei, a Falun Gong practitioner in Xilinhot City, Inner Mongolia, was arrested at work by police officers from the Domestic Security Division in Xilinhaote City. He was sentenced to 4 years in prison by the local court. Mr. Shi has appealed his sentence.

Mr. Shi Yanwei's family has been devastated by the persecution for over 10 years, because Mr. Shi refuses to give up his belief of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

A Once Happy Family

Mr. Shi, about 42 years old, used to live in Maodeng Farm in Xilingol Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. He had parents, sisters, and brothers, and he led a very good life. His mother's health and irritable temper improved after she started practicing Falun Gong. Mr. Shi and his sister, Shi Yujie, also started to practice. The entire family was very healthy.

In July 1999, the Chinese Communist Party started persecuting Falun Gong in a campaign of slander and defamation. The 610 Office and the public security bureaus began to arrest, detain, brainwash, and sentence practitioners. It is still going on today.

Mother, Son, and Daughter Arrested and Sent to Forced Labor Camp

In October 2001, Mr. Shi and his mother and sister were arrested by the local police and detained for over three months. The police released them after extorting a large amount of money from the family.

However, the officers from Maodeng Farm Police Station often harassed them. They had to return to their hometown. The family opened a flour mill and managed their business according to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The locals knew they would not sell impure flour. They used accurate scales and sold full measures. The customers all liked to buy flour from their mill and their business boomed.

In July 2002, officers from Xilinhot City and Maodeng Farm Police Station broke into Mr. Shi's home and arrested Mr. Shi's mother again. Ms. Hao Guihua was sent to Huhhot Women's Forced Labor Camp for three years.

In 2003, Xilinhot City and Maodeng Farm Police Station officers broke into Mr. Shi's home. They arrested him and sent him to Wuyuan Forced Labor Camp for two years.

Family Destroyed

Mr. Shi Yanwei's sister, Shi Yujie, was harassed by the police from Maodeng Farm Police Station while she was at home taking care of her father. One night in December 2003, she was arrested by officers who broke in. Her father became paralyzed from the scare. Ms. Shi held a hunger strike for over 8 days before she was released. When she got home, her father was lying in bed motionless, his bones exposed from his festering leg. He soon passed away.

Ms. Shi Yujie was almost arrested when she was burying her father. She was forced to become homeless. In October 2004, she was arrested by police who jumped over the wall into her residence.

Her mother, Hao Guihua, was unable to withstand the heavy blow in addition to the brainwashing in the forced labor camp. She gave up the practice of Falun Gong and her health deteriorated. In 2005, Ms. Hao lost a significant amount of weight and was in a daze when she was released from prison. She was in very good health during the seven or eight years she practiced Falun Gong and never took any medicine. When she was forced to give up the practice, her old illness returned and she was diagnosed with liver cancer in 2007. She passed away due to the constant harassment of the police.

No Peace Under the Communist Regime

By the time he was released from the forced labor camp, Mr. Shi Yanwei's family had been destroyed. However, he still believed in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. During the day, he drove his motorcycle to transport goods and was on duty at a company during the night. He won the trust of his boss and customers with his diligence, sense of responsibility and honesty. He married and bought a house and had a lovely son.

On December 10, 2012, while his wife was at work, he was arrested again by police officers Wuyunhasi, Bate, and Zhong Shaobin from the Xilinhot City Domestic Security Division and Director Liu Haitao from the residential committee.

Conspired against and Sentenced

After Mr. Shi was arrested, his family kept going to the Public Security Bureau to seek his release. The police either threatened them or prevaricated. A month later, they issued his official arrest warrant. His family asked the Procuratorate to show legal proof. The Procuratorate prevaricated. On April 2, 2013, they appealed to the court. Mr. Shi's family hired a lawyer from Beijing.

The trial was scheduled for April 19, 2013, but it was canceled because the prosecutor had a car accident. The trial convened on April 22.

Mr. Shi’s lawyer pled not guilty for him and made the prosecutor speechless. The judge had to adjourn the trial. On May 13, 2013, Mr. Shi’s family filed administrative proceedings against the Public Security Bureau. But the court prevaricated and did not file the case. The court sentenced Mr. Shi to four years in prison. Mr. Shi has appealed.

Related article:
Mr. Shi Yanwei Detained Again, His Whole Family Persecuted Numerous Times