Summary of Key Persecution Facts: Name: Fang Guilan (方桂兰) Gender: Female Age: 60 Address: Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province Occupation : Retired, formerly a teacher from Shancheng Vocational Education Center Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 13, 2011 Most Recent Place of Detention: Qianjin Forced Labor Camp (前进劳教所) City: Harbin Province: Heilongjiang Persecution Suffered : Detention, illegal sentencing, forced labor, brainwashing, torture, electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced drug administration, beatings, force-feedings, denial of restroom use, exposure to extreme cold Key Persecutors: Wang Min(王敏), Liu Chang(刘畅), Cong Zhixiu(丛志秀), Zhao Baoxiang(赵宝香), Yu Haiping(于海平), Zhou Chengrong(周成荣), Fu Lihong(付丽红),Wang Xiaowei(王小伟), Wu Baoyun(吴宝云), Zhao Shuang(赵爽), Li Peihuan(李佩环), Lu Shushan(卢淑彬), Wang Meiying(王美英), Wang Zhongliang(王忠良), Huo Shuping(霍书平), Liu Jianguo(刘建国), Wang Meiqi(汪美琪)

Ms. Fang Guilan is a retired teacher from Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. She was illegally arrested in 2011 for practicing Falun Gong and sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. She was detained in the Qianjin Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City, where she suffered brutal torture, such as being shocked with electric batons, exposed to extreme cold, brutally beaten and force-fed. She barely made it out alive.

The Qianjin Forced Labor Camp has been renamed the Qianjin Drug Rehabilitation Center, but personnel there still commit the same crimes.

Below is Ms. Fang's account of the brutal persecution she suffered in the Qianjin Forced Labor Camp:

“My name is Fang Guilan. I am 60 years old and a retired teacher from the Shuangcheng Vocational Education Center. I was arrested on November 13, 2011, while I was visiting a colleague's home. I was sent to the Harbin Second Detention Center. Thirty-seven days later, on December 20, 2011, I was transferred to the Qianjin Forced Labor Camp.

Screams from the Interrogation Room

I was first assigned to the Concentrated Training Team. Seventeen of us were lined up. We were interrogated one after another and were pressured to renounce Falun Gong. The screams from those being tortured kept coming out of the interrogation room.

On the second day, team leader Wang Min brought me to the guards' office, where deputy team leader Liu Chang and guard Cong Zhixiu were also present. Wang held an electric baton in his hand and attempted to force me to write a letter renouncing Falun Gong. I refused. I told them that Falun Gong is righteous and benefits families and society.

Wang then slapped me over 20 times. Then she shocked me with an electric baton on my neck, hands and face. Cong Zhixiu and Liu Chang pushed me down to the ground. Cong twisted my wrist and sat on my face. I felt suffocated and had to use all my strength to get him off me. Liu twisted my ankle. Wang kicked me in the stomach so hard that I was unable to breathe from the extreme pain. Then she kicked my right leg again and ordered Cong and Liu to strip off my clothes. I felt so humiliated that I could not bear it any more. Against my conscience, I wrote the letter.

The next morning, I regretted what I had done and told Liu Chang: “Everything I wrote is void. Falun Gong is righteous.” Liu told Wang what I'd said. On the afternoon of December 27, 2011, Wang called me into the office and ordered three inmates—Zhao Baoxiang, Yu Haiping and Zhou Chengrong—to stand by. Wang asked me to repeat what I had told Liu, which I reiterated. Wang then flew into a rage and slapped me more than 20 times. She shocked me with an electric baton on my face, eyebrows and neck. Three inmates came in to beat me. They punched and kicked me. I felt dizzy and heard noises in my head; my mouth was swollen.

Wang ordered them to strip off my clothes, leaving only my underwear on. They pulled me into the restroom and threw me onto the cement floor. The three inmates then poured cold water on my head and all over my body and opened the windows to freeze me.

Wang used an electric baton to shock me on my back while my whole body was wet. She kept shocking me with electric batons for more than 20 minutes, and she kept cursing me at the same time. When I returned and tried to put on my clothes, my whole body was trembling and I was unable to stand up. The inside corner of my left eye bled and my lip inverted. My feet were injured and I was unable to walk properly. My hand was covered with bruises.

Guard: “We'll Allow You to Stay Alive to Make You Suffer More”

I was transferred to the Second Division on January 19, 2012. Division chief Wang Xiaowei attempted to force me to recite labor camp rules. When I refused, Wang and guard Wu Baoyun called me into the guards' room and pressured me to defame Falun Gong. I refused. They then began to kick and punch me. They deliberately kicked the injury on my leg. I was slapped more than a dozen times. They threatened to torture me with various torture instruments. I was on the brink of a mental breakdown.

Around March 30, 2012, guard Cong Zhili brought me to the guards' room where guards Wang Xiaowei, Wu Baoyun, Zhao Shuang, Li Peihuai, Lu Shubin and Wang Meiying were waiting. They pressured me to renounce Falun Gong. When I refused, they all jumped on me and pushed me down to the ground. They tied my hands and then hung me up from the top bed of a bunk. Wang stuck an electric baton under my shirt and shocked my abdomen. She pulled down my pants to my knees and shocked my thighs and then took off my shoes and socks to shock my feet. Later, they forced me into a squatting position and then tied me to the radiator.

When guards Cong Zhili and Wu Baoyun were on duty, they did not allow me to use the restroom. I held a hunger strike for 11 days to protest the mistreatment. Wang asked the deputy chief of the labor camp's clinic, Wang Zhongliang, to force-feed me every day.

Every morning, the forced-feeding lasted for more than 20 minutes. They inserted a tube from one of my nostrils to my stomach, then pulled it out and inserted it into the other nostril. They kept changing it. I could not breathe. In the afternoon, they force-fed me for 30 minutes. After I stopped the hunger strike, they deprived me of sleep. They tied me to the radiator so that I had to either squat or stand. I was not allowed to sleep for eight days straight. Wang Xiaowei threatened, “We won't let you die; we'll allow you to stay alive to make you suffer more.”

I was sent back to my cell on March 7, 2012. One day, Guard Huo Pin ordered me to report to the guards' office because I refused to recite the labor camp's rules. She shocked my back with an electric baton and beat my arms with it. I was unable to move my arms after the beating.

One day at the end of May, Liu Jianguo and Wang Meiqi from the labor camp's clinic measured my blood pressure. They told me it was 220 mmHg and said that I had a heart problem. They forced-fed me unknown drugs every day until the middle of September 2012.

I was only given steamed buns and cabbage soup for meals during the one and a half years of my detention. My body lacked nutrition and my hair turned white.

I was released on May 19, 2013. I sincerely hope that all of the guards will distinguish good from bad and repent of their wrongdoing.”

Contact information for the Qianjin Forced Labor Camp, currently known as the Qianjin Drug Rehabilitation Center: Address: Hujiatu of Xinnong Town, Daoli District, Harbin, Heilongjiang, 150078 Phone: +86-451-84115086 Labor camp's clinic: +86-451-86991418