(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioners from Gaizhou City, Liaoning Province, have continued to be persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) in recent years. The following are some examples.

Ms. Wang Fenghua died as a result of persecution

Ms. Wang was reported on February 16, 2011, for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong near the Jindu area. Mu Deqiang, head of the city Domestic Security Division, and officers from the Xicheng Police Station arrested her and took her to the Domestic Security Division. She was later detained at the Yingkou Detention Center for a week.

Ms. Wang was again arrested on April 27, 2011, for mailing truth-clarification letters and was taken to the Domestic Security Division by two police officers. Mu Deqiang searched her, took her keys, and ransacked her home. He confiscated her personal belongings including a bank card, keys, and Dafa books. Mu fabricated evidence against Ms. Wang, and she was illegally sentenced. Her daughter went to the Domestic Security Division many times, but Mu refused to return the bank card and the keys. The family hired a lawyer to defend Ms. Wang. While there was no way to conceal his unlawful actions, Mu finally returned the bank card and keys to the family.

Ms. Wang used to have a rare bone cancer. At that time, there were only three such cases in all of Liaoning Province. The other two patients passed away many years ago, yet Ms. Wang's illness disappeared without taking any medication after she started practicing Falun Gong. Ms. Wang could no longer practice when she was detained in Yingkou Detention Center, and the affected parts of her body filled with pus and blood. Two big lumps appeared on her leg and buttock. Despite her condition, she was still handcuffed and her feet shackled, and she was brutally tortured.

Ms. Wang was sentenced to three years in prison. Because she was diagnosed with advanced uterine cancer before being admitted to the women's prison, she was granted medical parole. During the 2013 Chinese New Year, Mu Deqiang called her again and asked her to write and sign a guarantee statement. Due to the physical pain and mental distress, Ms. Wang passed away on March 12, 2013.

Ms. Zhao Guili died in February

Ms. Zhao Guili was reported during the summer of 2011 for clarifying the truth about Dafa. She was arrested and taken to the Domestic Security Division. After being detained for three weeks, she became ill and was denied admission by officials of the Dashiqiao Detention Center. Ms. Zhao was granted medical parole but eventually passed away on February 16, 2013 as a result of the physical and mental torture.

Six practitioners sentenced to prison

While posting truth-clarification banners in a rural area on the evening of July 14, 2012, six practitioners from Gaizhou City, including Mr. Wang Ying, Mr. Li Xingjun, and Mr. Cheng Yankai, were arrested by officers from the Wangfu Township Police Station, including Nie Zhenxin, Wu Yingze, and Mu Deqiang of the Domestic Security Division. Three of the six practitioners were released a month later. After having been detained for six months, Mr. Wang, Mr. Li, and Mr. Cheng were tried on the morning of January 14, 2013, in Gaizhou Court. A lawyer from Beijing made such a strong argument on their behalf that the trial was suspended. However, on March 6, chief judge Chen Wei of Gaizhou Court sentenced Mr. Wang to four years, Mr. Li to three and half years, and Mr. Cheng to three years in prison. The three practitioners have appealed the decision.