(Minghui.org) Greetings to the overseas practitioners that make up the phone calling team.

A practitioner was arrested by police on May 15, 2013, while she was distributing Falun Dafa informational materials. She was taken to a detention center. Local practitioners quickly organized to rescue her by publishing the phone numbers of the perpetrators on the Minghui website.

The police officers who participated in the arrest became afraid after receiving phone calls from practitioners outside of China. They tried to figure out who had disclosed their phone numbers by looking up local practitioners, and expressed regret that they had participated in the arrest.

The arrested practitioner was released on May 22, 2013, which was unprecedented. The police had never released practitioners after such a short period of time.

In China during recent years, those who have persecuted practitioners have been from the police department, the Domestic Security Team, and the police station, and are passively involved. Those working for the 610 Office no longer take part in the arrests. In the past, the director of the 610 Office in our county actively participated in the persecution. He arrested practitioners many times and took them to a brainwashing center.

The 610 Office director once received a phone call from the United States, in which the caller mentioned his name and position. The caller urged him not to persecute practitioners, and told him the facts about Falun Gong. At first he did not believe that the phone call was from the U.S., and he called the police station the next day to check. He was shocked and scared when he found out that the call indeed originated in the U.S.

For the next four to five years the director did not persecute practitioners, and no longer paid any attention to Falun Gong affairs. He left his position in 2012. The new 610 Office director also did not participate in persecuting practitioners.

Eight practitioners in our county went to the countryside to distribute Dafa informational materials in 2012. They were reported by villagers who did not know the truth, and were arrested by police.

Both domestic and overseas practitioners subsequently called the police station and put a lot of pressure on the police. The police then asked the practitioners’ families to tell whoever was calling not to call any longer. The officers told them that after they had arrested the practitioners, their phones did not stop ringing. This caused them too much trouble and they were unable to get anything done. All eight practitioners were released within 15 days.

The calls made by overseas practitioners to rescue the arrested practitioners have been critically important, and the callers have done an excellent job. Practitioners in China thank you! Let's work together to help Teacher save sentient beings.