Name: Wu Lijun (武丽君)

Address: Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
Worker at Dongli District Bearing Company
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
April 17, 2013
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Harbin City Second Detention Center
City: Harbin
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, beatings, handcuffed and shackled, forced labor, torture, illegal sentencing, forced injections.


( Ms. Wu Lijun had been imprisoned for ten years because she would not renounce her belief in Falun Dafa. On April 17, 2013 she was reported to the police at Limin Development Area and was arrested in the Hulan District. Officials from the Hulan Prosecutor's Office approved the arrest on May 14. She is now being held in the Harbin City Second Detention Center.

Ms. Wu was born on March 3, 1953 and started to practice Falun Dafa on April 25, 1997, following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She changed from being a very selfish person to being a good person who always considers others first.

One year in labor camp

In January 2000, Ms. Wu went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was arrested before she reached the petition office, and was taken to Beijing No. 13 Detention Center. She was handcuffed so tightly that they cut into her flesh. As a consequence, her hands were badly swollen. Twenty days later, she was transferred to Harbin Detention Center. She refused to memorize the detention center regulations, and was kicked and punched by the guards. She was then forced to wear very heavy shackles.

Ms. Wu was taken to Wanjia Labor Camp for one year. She was persecuted by Zhang Bo and the head guard, whose family name is Wu. The head guard instigated criminal inmates to tie Ms. Wu and other Falun Gong practitioners to the heating pipes for several hours, with their toes barely touching the ground. Many Falun Gong practitioners lost consciousness due to this torture.

Nine years in Heilongjiang Women's Prison

On April 26, 2001, Ms. Wu was arrested again by officers from the Dongli Police Department in Harbin. Several large male officers tied her to an iron chair, cuffing her hands behind her back. They then proceeded to beat her. An officer with the surname of Xiao covered Ms. Wu's head with a plastic bag until she passed out. When she regained consciousness, the police continued to torture her in an attempt to get her to reveal the names of other Falun Gong practitioners. She told them that she would not say anything even if they beat her to death. At the time, Yang Shouyi from Dongli Police Department was directly responsible for persecuting her.

Ms. Wu was sentenced to nine years of imprisonment in January 2002. She was taken to Heilongjiang Women's Prison, where she was injected with an unknown substance. Ms. Wu said that her whole body felt very painful after the injection.

In the cold winter she and other practitioners were taken outside for long periods of time. They were then forced to stand in a cold, wet room with their hands cuffed behind their backs. The head guard, with the family name of Kang, was responsible for this persecution.

Those responsible for the persecution of Ms. Wu Lijun include:

Huo Zhongyi, Hulan District Police Department: +86-13054260333 (Cell) Chen Zhaolin, Hulan District Police Department: +86-13503627887 (Cell), +86-13904817360 (Cell) Gong Baofeng, Hulan District Police Department