(Minghui.org) “It was already 11:00 p.m. when I returned home from Harbin City on November 4, 2004. As I opened the apartment door, three people rushed at me, pushed me to the floor, and handcuffed me. Without presenting any search or arrest warrants, the plainclothes agents took me to the Yangming Police Department in Mudanjiang City.

Experience at the Yangming Police Department

Police agents beat me hard at the Yangming Police Department. They tried to force me to not only swear at Falun Gong and its founder, but also to say that the persecution was legal.

Beating While Handcuffed On a Tiger Bench

I was handcuffed on a tiger bench torture device for three days and not allowed to sleep. Agents hit me with iron bars, which caused my lower legs and ankles to swell and become as thick as my thighs. After exhausting various torture methods, they transferred me to the Mudanjiang 610 Office on November 7, 2004. By then, I was unable to walk due to the torture.

Force-fed Mustard Oil and Hot Pepper

Two officers dragged me into the 610 Office interrogation room at around 10:00 p.m. on November 7. Qiao Ping, a 610 Office agent, handcuffed me onto a tiger bench, and force-fed me with mustard oil through my nostrils, then wrapped my head in a plastic bag. With nasal mucus and tears streaming out because of the pungent smell, I was nearly suffocated by the plastic bag. I then lost consciousness.

The police poured cold water on me to wake me up. They tortured me this way, repeating it several times. Qiao then suggested horseradish, which was much stronger than mustard oil. They then forcibly shoved horseradish into my nostrils. Qiao handcuffed me onto the tiger bench from the back and shoved bricks under my feet, causing my body to arch and be suspended in the air without support, so that the pain was extreme. I again lost consciousness.

Two days later, Qiao told me the Mudanjiang City deputy mayor, Li Fu—also a 610 Office head—would come by. He warned me not to say anything; otherwise, I would be punished.

After a while, Li Fu came into the interrogation room accompanied by three officers. I said to him, “I will not give up my belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, because I need to remain healthy to raise my family. It was Falun Gong that cured my slipped disc, bronchitis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Falun Gong also taught me to forbear when I run into conflicts with others or when others take advantage of me. I am innocent. I committed no crimes and should not have been detained, let alone beaten like this. I hope Mudanjiang City officials will bring this to justice.” After listening to what I said, Li Fu observed the wounds covering my body and left without saying anything. I was sent to the Mudanjiang Detention Center at 10:00 p.m. that night.

Experience at Mudanjiang Prison

Officials sent me to Mudanjiang Prison on February 26, 2005. Tang Xiaohui (division head), Chen Zhanfeng (division political head), and other officials started a campaign on June 3, 2006 to massively torture all practitioners detained in that division. At least seven practitioners were forced to do slave labor, including Huang Guodong, Xu Xiangdong, Guan Wenlong, Lu Zhenjiang, Cheng Zhongqiang, Shen Jinxiang, and me.

Shocked with Electric Batons

Under the instructions from officers Tang Xiaohui and Chen Zhanfeng, at 9:00 a.m. guard Zhang Shengli handcuffed my hands behind my back and fastened me to a heating pipe. Zhang ordered inmates to fully charge the electric batons and drag me to the bathroom. Seven inmates, including Wang Lijun and Xu Ming, pushed me down to the floor, removed my clothes, and shocked my back and head simultaneously with four electric batons.

The high electric current running through my body made me shake involuntarily. They continued shocking me until the batons were drained, and only one electric baton had power. My limbs kept twitching uncontrollably. My back was completely covered with burns and blisters, and I was in extreme pain.

A mixture of blood and pus stuck me to the bed when I slept at night. When I got up the next morning, pieces of blistered flesh were torn from my back and remained stuck to the bed, while yellow liquid oozed from my back. Nonetheless, guard Zhang Shengli still ordered inmates to carry me out to do forced labor.

The practitioner tortured the worst was Mr. Huang Guodong from Mudanjiang City. Guard Wu Xuejun shocked him with four electric batons, and put him in a solitary confinement cell. In order to intensify the effect, Wu poured cold water on the floor where Mr. Huang lay and shocked him with several electric batons, especially targetting the sensitive areas such as his penis and anus. As a result, Mr. Huang lost the ability to control his bowels.

When they searched the cell on June 6, 2006, guards Zhang Shengli and Jiang Lei found Falun Gong materials on my bed. They took me to the guard office the next day and shocked me with two electric batons. Zhang intentionally shocked the wounded area on my back.

Right before the Beijing Olympic Games in August 2008, Mudanjiang Prison launched another round of torture on practitioners. Armed police searched each practitioner and checked every cell. They tore open all the bedding and winter clothing looking for Falun Gong materials. Two inmates were assigned to watch me the entire time, even when I went to use the toilet. I went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution.

A 30-day Detention

Officer Xu Huijun put me in a solitary confinement cell on July 31. Guards removed all my clothes and gave me a coat specifically used in the solitary confinement cell. The cell was very dark, with only a dim lamp on the ceiling. A thin laminate board was laid on the cold concrete floor as a bed, and a container was placed next to it, for use as a toilet. Guards forced me to sit on the floor. My whole body was cold after a while, as if I were sitting on ice.

Only two meals were provided each day, each consisting of one-half of a fist-sized bun. Water was provided only once per day. With cold and hunger, I barely survived the hardest 30 days of my life in that cell. I became very emaciated.

Seeing that I was near death, Xu Huijun stopped my solitary confinement after obtaining approval from division head Liu Minghua. I could hardly walk after 30 days of being forced to sit on the cold concrete floor.

Under instructions from division head Du Gang and political head Zhou Chen, four inmates (including Shi Qiang and Fu Baoquan) tortured me in another room on October 26, 2010. They forced me to sit on the concrete floor, and Shi Qiang opened the windows—it was snowing outside. Shi said, “We know you Falun Gong practitioners are good people, not like us. We committed bad deeds and deserve to be detained, but you did nothing wrong and the CCP still keeps you here. Furthermore, they force us inmates to torture you in order to not be blamed themselves. We have no choice but to follow their orders. This really is insane!”

This is my personal experience. Hopefully it will provide a glimpse of how Falun Gong practitioners are treated by the Communist regime in China.