(Minghui.org) I started practicing Falun Dafa on April 25,1999. My body underwent miraculous changes on that very day.

Up until that point my life had previously been quite miserable. One thing happened after another, and the physical and psychological suffering that I had gone through are impossible to describe. After giving birth to my daughter in 1980, I developed a serious heart disease. I felt I was on the verge of death whenever the symptoms became severe. For a long time I could only exhale but not inhale. My husband and child were worried for me, but to no avail, and I was even more so. There is a saying "misfortune never comes by itself.” In 1996, I broke my hand in a fall, and it remained crooked. The next year I fell again and broke my leg, and after treatment I became disabled.

Fortunately, heaven didn't forget an ailing person like myself. In 1999, the blessings of Falun Dafa were passed on to me. When I practiced "Guan Tong Liang Ji Fa" (The third exercise: Coursing Between the Two Poles), as I did the hand-gliding movements, I heard a crack. The hand that was broken and crooked became straight again. The same instant, a similar "crack" came from my leg and my leg was also straightened. At that moment, my heart also felt as if it became unclogged and from that point onward I could breathe normally again.

The next day I went up to the mountain to dig dirt. My neighbors and relatives were all surprised: how could a disabled woman have turned into a normal person overnight? With much excitement, I told them about the experience I had with practicing Falun Gong from the previous day. After hearing about it, everyone was in awe and exclaimed that Falun Gong is something supernatural and truly good!

I had never stepped foot inside any school, because my family was poor and my parents favored boys over girls. I took care of my younger siblings when I was merely six years old. For several decades, I never learned how to even read my own name. Now I can read Teacher Li Hongzhi's Zhuan Falun and many other lectures rather fluently. My family at home say that I don't resemble an uneducated person at all. I also found this quite surprising and funny myself! All of this sounds like a fairy tale, but they truly happened to me.

After seeing these miracles, my brother and my brother-in-law also began practicing Falun Dafa. Afterwards, all of my brother's ailments went away; my brother-in-law's cancer was also cured, and they continued to be in good health all these years.

On July 20th, 1999, the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) framed our great Teacher and persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. To restore justice for Teacher, I headed to Beijing to validate the greatness and wondrous nature of Dafa, but was stopped in Changsha City, where I was abducted by the police and illegally imprisoned upon returning to my hometown. The police asked me what was so great about Falun Gong. I told them that Falun Gong teaches people how to be good and to assimilate to Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance), and heals illnesses and improves health. After only one day of practice, my disabled hand and leg and my heart were all healed. It was Falun Dafa that saved me and gave me a chance for a second life. A disabled person like myself was returned to normal. I have to persevere to practice Dafa. The police listened with great interest. They smiled and said to me: “You're really something! “ At that time, I didn't know about sending forth righteous thoughts. I only knew that I could call to Teacher: “I want to go home to study the Fa and practice the exercises.” Fifteen days later, I was really able to return home.

From then on, the local 610 Office and the national security personnel frequently came to my home to cause trouble. They tried to coerce me into giving up the practice, but I never gave in to their demands. To escape the evil's persecution, to continue practicing the Fa and for the important mission of saving sentient beings, my husband (also a practitioner) and I moved to the outskirts of the city and raised crops for a living. One time as I headed to the home of a fellow practitioner, I was abducted and detained at the local police station. I went on a hunger strike to resist the persecution. They asked me if I was sick because I didn't eat. I told them that I wasn't sick and that I just didn't want to eat their food and I wanted to practice the Fa and do the exercises. Half a month later, after hearing the news of my illegal imprisonment, my son and my daughter came down from Changsha City to the station and told the police: “Our mother used to have a serious heart disease from which she almost died on many occasions. It was because she practiced Falun Gong that she was cured. If she dies because you caused her condition to return, how are you going to compensate for that?” That same day the police released me.

Through these thirteen years of turbulence and persecution, I have remained steadfast in studying the Fa, doing the exercises, and clarifying the truth to save the world's people, all the way to the present day. Not for a single moment could I have persisted through the many ordeals without the benevolent care of Teacher and the mighty virtue of Falun Dafa. Our entire family forever thanks our Revered Master and Falun Dafa!