Name: Li Kequan (李克全)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Shuangliu County, Sichuan Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: February 20, 2013
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 11, 2007
Most Recent Place of Detention: Sichuan Women's Prison (四川省女子监狱)
City: Chengdu
Province: Sichuan
Persecution Suffered: Detention, interrogation, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, forced labor, brainwashing, torture, electric shock, sleep deprivation, denial of restroom use, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, hung up, solitary confinement, sexual assault, force-feedings, physical restraint, held in mental hospital, extortion, fired from workplace, home ransacked

( Ms. Li Kequan was a Falun Gong practitioner from Shuangliu County, Sichuan Province. She was illegally arrested for her belief in October 2007 and incarcerated in Sichuan Women's Prison in December 2008. While in excellent health prior to the arrest, she was bedridden and could no longer stand up at the time of her release from prison on May 22, 2012.

Ms. Li passed away on February 20, 2013.

Her daughter, Ms. Fan Ying, was taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center in April 2008, after finishing a five-year prison term. She has been held in the brainwashing center for five years.

Paralyzed in Detention

Ms. Li was arrested while passing out pamphlets about Falun Gong in Wenxing Township, Shuangliu County, on October 11, 2007. At the time, she was in good health and could easily walk to the market over 3 miles away. She was sent to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. While there, she sometimes felt discomfort following the meals and her blood pressure would rise, suggesting that the food may not have been pure.

Ms. Li was transferred to the Wenjiang Detention Center on January 23, 2008. One month later, she suddenly lost consciousness and was sent to the Wenjiang County Hospital. She was diagnosed with severe hypertension and remained unconscious for over 20 days. She was paralyzed when she woke up.

On October 8, 2008, the Shuangliu County Court sentenced Ms. Li to four years in prison. The four months she had spent in the hospital were not counted as time served. She had to be carried into the courthouse with an intravenous drip, as she was unable to stand.

Secretly Sentenced to Prison

The court called her hearing an “open trial”; however, Ms. Li's family had not been notified, no lawyers were present, and no observers were allowed in the courtroom. Officers in uniform and plainclothes police were stationed around the courthouse.

After the trial, Ms. Li was transferred from the hospital to the Shuangliu Detention Center. She had to be carried to her cell. She needed assistance with basic needs such as dressing, feeding and bathing.

Despite her obviously poor condition, Ms. Li was sent to the Sichuan Women's Prison on December 4, 2008. Three inmates were assigned to monitor her around the clock.

Ms. Li was released on May 22, 2012, when her four-year of prison term expired. She was bedridden and needed assistance with all her daily needs. She went to live with her youngest daughter in Wangcang County, Guangyuan.

Ms. Li passed away on February 20, 2013, as a result of the physical and mental devastation caused by the persecution.

Ms. Li's Daughter Relentlessly Persecuted

Ms. Fan Ying, Ms. Li's elder daughter, has been relentlessly persecuted for her faith in Falun Gong for over a decade.

Ms. Fan graduated from vocational school and was an employee at the Sichuan Gears Factory. She was a responsible and dedicated worker, as well as a kind, simple and quiet person. She started to practice Falun Gong in November 1997 and lived her life according to the practice's principles of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance. Coworkers and supervisors recognized her high moral character.

The communist regime began to persecute Falun Gong in 1999. As a result, Ms. Fan was sentenced to a year and a half of forced labor on August 25, 2000. At the Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp, she was locked in a small cell, shocked with electric batons, and beaten while being hung up.

Ms. Fan refused to give up her belief despite the torture. In retaliation, officials extended her term by another six months. The day after Ms. Fan was released, she was arrested again by the 610 Office, the Security Section of Sichuan Gears Factory, and the Wenxing Town Police Station. She was sent to the Zhengxing Brainwashing Center.

Ms. Fan managed to escape from the brainwashing center through a window in October 2002, and became homeless. A couple of weeks later, however, because she believed she had done nothing wrong, she decided to go back to work.

Imprisoned for Over a Decade

On April 15, 2003, officials from government agencies went to the factory and attempted to arrest Ms. Fan again. Her supervisor stopped them, saying that Ms. Fan was a dedicated and responsible worker and a good employee.

Nevertheless, police from the Shuangliu Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Fan at work the next day. She was beaten and interrogated that night.

Ms. Fan went on a hunger strike for over ten days to protest the persecution. She became very weak, lost consciousness and was then sent to the Shuangliu Tuanjie Medical Associate to be fed intravenously.

After Ms. Fan regained consciousness, she disconnected the IV and hid in a small shop for eight hours. The police did an extensive search of the area and eventually found her. Ms. Fan was beaten at the scene. Her face was badly battered and covered with blood. She shouted: “Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is a righteous way!” Many bystanders shed tears.

Ms. Fan was taken back to the detention center, this time locked in heavy chains. She went on a hunger strike for over 50 days and was sent to the Shuangliu Zhonghe Town Hospital to be fed intravenously. She managed to escape.

Arrest warrants were posted everywhere in Sichuan Province. A 10,000 yuan reward was offered for anyone who reported the whereabouts of Ms. Fen. The home of every Falun Gong practitioner in the area was searched.

Ms. Fan went home to get some clothes on July 28, 2003. She was reported to the authorities by her former husband, who had divorced her for the fear of persecution. Several dozen officers from the Shuangliu 610 Office, Shuangliu Domestic Security Division, Wenxing Police Station, and her employer's Security Section were dispatched to the location. They took her to the detention center, interrogated her and beat her until she lost consciousness.

Officials thought Ms. Fan had died and notified her family to come and collect her remains. Her former husband would not come, so Ms. Fan's sister was called. However, she was unable to get there in time because of the long distance. When she called the detention center a short time later, she was informed that Ms. Fan had regained consciousness. Now, the detention center officials forbade the sister from coming to visit Ms. Fan.

On October 8, 2003, Ms. Fen was sentenced to five and a half years in prison for escaping from the detention center. While at the Longquanyi Prison, she was locked in a small cell and beaten many times by the criminal inmates under the orders of the guards, including Wen Xiujun.

Ms. Fan shouted, “Falun Dafa is good!” whenever upper-level officials came to inspect the prison or reporters came for interviews. She was not allowed to have visitors or receive packages.

When Ms. Fan's prison term ended on April 5, 2008, the 610 Office transferred her directly from the Chengdu Women's Prison to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center.

Ms. Fan is still being detained at the brainwashing center at this time.

Related Articles:

Fan Ying Detained for Six Years, Her Young Daughter Not Allowed to Visit Her