(Minghui.org) Ms. Jiang Xiaoyan, a Falun Gong practitioner in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, had previously suffered from cancer. Later she recovered through the practice of Falun Dafa. On November 13, 2011, she was arrested on her way to a friend's home. On that day, 56 Falun Gong practitioners were arrested by police from Heilongjiang Provincial Police Station, Harbin City Police Station and Shuangcheng Domestic Security Team.

Ms. Jiang was first detained in Shuangcheng Detention Center for about 15 days. Later she was transferred to another detention center. The police tortured her every afternoon for five consecutive days: her arms were handcuffed to the back of the chair in the interrogation room. The chair was very wide, so several investigators had to use strong force to lock the handcuffs. One day, they even pulled Jiang Xiaoyan's arms through the bottom of the chair and pulled her hands up to try to handcuff her. They did not loosen her hands until she lost consciousness.

On May 28, 2012, Shuangcheng Court in Heilongjiang Province started a trial against Falun Gong practitioners Jiang Xiaoyan, Luo Yanjie, Tian Xiaoping, Ge Xin, Yue Baoqing and Kang Changjiang. Five defense lawyers entered innocent pleas for them. Many people attended the trial. The judiciary personnel were terrified and abolished many people's rights to be present at the trial.

Jiang Xiaoyan's younger sister, upon seeing Ms. Jiang's terribly thin face and eyes that could hardly open, felt distressed and said, "Sister, please be strong." Just for this one sentence, a group of police ejected her from the courtroom. Jiang Xiaoyan's father, 82 years old, came to Shuangcheng and waited for several days. The police did not allow him to see his daughter, not even a glimpse.

Under the control of the Political and Legal Affairs Committee of Heilongjiang Province, Jiang Xiaoyan, Luo Yanjie, Tian Xiaoping, Ge Xin, Yue Baoqing and Kang Changjiang were given long sentences. Four of them were sentenced to 14 years and the other two were sentenced to 13 years in prison.

In August 2012, Ms. Jiang was detained at Heilongjiang Provincial Women's Prison by the Harbin City Second Detention Center. At that time her physical condition was very bad. She had severe anemia and uterine fibroids. After a medical examination, the prison found that she was critically ill and hence denied accepting her. However, the head of the Second Detention Center found someone to force the prison to accept Jiang Xiaoyan.

On August 30, Heilongjiang Women's Prison issued a 'critically ill' notice to Ms. Jiang's family. However, this notice was not received by her family until September 20th. When Ms. Jiang's family saw her, she could hardly speak.

Jiang Xiaoyan is currently in critical condition. She is unable to stand up or sit down without assistance. The diagnosis results found anemia and uterine fibroids. The prison required Ms. Jiang's family to pay at least ten thousand Chinese dollars for the surgery. However, the family could not afford such a high cost. The prison then forced Jiang Xiaoyang to sign a declaration that her physical condition had nothing to do with the prison.

Heilongjiang Women's prison is located at 507 Xuefu Road, Nangang District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, the prison officials here used murderers, robbers, swindlers, drug abusers and those guilty of trafficking drugs to monitor and directly persecute Falun Gong practitioners. The methods they used to persecute Falun Gong practitioners were outrageous. Many Falun Gong practitioners detained in this evil place have been persecuted to death, or left with a severe disability or illness.