(Minghui.org) Continued from Part 1: http://en.minghui.org/html/articles/2013/3/27/138643.html 

Yang Xingfu, a deputy division-level military officer in the Nanjing Military Region, was persecuted repeatedly for remaining steadfast in his belief in Falun Dafa. Recently he was sentenced to three years of forced labor by the Nanjing Military Court and incarcerated at Nanjing Region Forced Labor Camp. His story was reported on June 6, 2012, on the Minghui website. Below, in his own words, are details of the persecution Yang Xingfu has endured.

Sent to Military Region Forced Labor Camp Again

When I was brought to the forced labor camp, Zhang Bing read out the Military Region Defense Department's decision to sentence me to three years of forced labor. He ordered me to sign the document. I sternly told them that they were making a mistake and refused to comply. In addition, they conducted a search of my house without a search warrant and took my Dafa books and informational brochures. They did not follow procedure and issue a list of the items they took.

The night of January 28, I started a hunger strike in protest. I strongly demanded that they revoke their decision to send me to forced labor.

On February 7, after dinner, the prison director made an announcement: “Today the labor camp has decided not to hold celebrations for the lunar New Year because Yang Xingfu has refused to eat anything ever since he came here. If anyone wants to celebrate the New Year, then Yang Xingfu must be made to take his meals. No one can celebrate the New Year and this is all Yang Xingfu's fault. From now on, no one is allowed to leave the dining hall. Everyone remain in your seats! You can only return to your cell once he starts to eat.”

I knew that Shao, the director was trying to stir up hatred against me and I was unfazed by what he said. Fortunately, the other inmates did not harbor any resentment towards me. At 10 p.m., Shao gave orders for everyone except those in the Strict Management Division to return to their cells. Everyone in the Strict Management Division had to stay there until I ate something.

Nevertheless, I refused to eat anything. Temperatures in Nanjing were minus 8 degrees at that time. Those who were made to stay behind put on extra clothing. I asked for permission to wear more clothes but Shao said I had to eat something first. This went on until 8 a.m. the next morning, everyone had already taken their breakfast and still I did not eat anything.

In the end, I agreed to eat dinner that night so that prison inmates could spend the New Year uneventfully.

Verbally Abused and Denied Family Visits

On February 17, Shao reprimanded me in front of everyone in the camp. He said that I brought calamity to the place. After reprimanding me, he next began to slander Dafa and Master. He kept doing this once a week. My family went to the labor camp and demanded to see me but Shao made them stay outside the high walls.

On the morning of March 14, agents from 610 Offices in Jiangsu Province, Nanjing City and Xuanwu District came to see me. They used coercion and bribery to try to make me give up my belief but I remained firm. Zhang Bing threatened me: “Don't think you will be released after 3 years in a labor camp. If you maintain the same attitude, we will extend your sentence. If you still refuse to give up the practice, you will continue to be incarcerated.” Subsequently, he started to slander Dafa and Master.

Persecution Continues Outside the Prison Walls

I walked out of the forced labor camp on January 28, 2007. However, Cui Ronghui, the secretary at the Cultural Affairs Office and director Zong Guiming did not stop persecuting me. They ordered me report to them once a month. I ignored their orders.

At the end of 2007, in a scheme with the 610 Office, Cui and Zong tried to force me to write a statement promising to give up Falun Gong. I refused to comply. On the eve of the 2008 Olympics, Cui and Zong attempted to force me to give up Falun Gong again. I sternly rejected them.

They sent people to ambush and sent me to a brainwashing center. They also threatened to persecute my daughter if I refused to give up the practice.

Finally, three days later, orders suddenly came from above to remove Cui Ronghui and Zong Guiming from office. Personnel in the Cultural Affairs Office were being reshuffled. At this point in time, the persecution I was being subjected to stopped.

My Family is Persecuted

1) My wife Chen Chunmei was arrested and taken to the Nanjing City Detention Center by Nanjing City and Xuanwu District 610 Office agents in March 2001 while I was detained in the forced labor camp. She was held in custody and persecuted for 28 days.

She was taken away by Xuanwu District 610 Office agents again in August 2001, and persecuted in a brainwashing center for one month. In March 2002, she was abducted by police officer Song from the Houzaimen Police Station and sent to the Xuanwu District brainwashing center where she was tortured for 20 days.

2) My daughter Yang Jing is acting head nurse at Nanjing Military Region Nursing Home. During my imprisonment, the military region 610 Office told her to expose my “wrongdoings” and sever ties with me. She sternly refused to cooperate with them. Consequently, the hospital collaborated with the 610 Office and fired her. She was forced to change her occupation in 2003.

3) My son-in-law used to work in the Tangshan Military Region Nursing Home. Initially, agents tried to pressure him into divorcing my daughter Yang Jing. When he refused to do so, they created trouble for him at work, causing him great distress mentally. In early 2005, the military region 610 Office forced him to switch occupations.

4) My 74-year-old father-in-law Chen Hengfu fainted on the spot on July 12, 2000, upon learning that I was convicted, injuring his head. He was sent to the hospital for emergency treatment and it took several stitches to sew up the wound on his head. After this happened, he would become terrified every time he heard police sirens and he was depressed all the time. In early 2005, I was sent to a forced labor camp the second time and this caused him much heartache. He passed away in 2007 in great anguish and despair.

(The End)