(Minghui.org) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Xia Yuanxin was arrested at home within the Jinzhou Xihe Market in Dalian at 9:30 a.m. on August 24, 2013. Mr. Xia was cornered by four plainclothes police as he was going out that morning. They forced their way into Mr. Xia's home and called for four more officers. Without showing any identification or warrant, the police ransacked Mr. Xia's home and confiscated personal belongings including cash. The police video recorded the search.

Mr. Xia, his wife Ms. Su Zhengqiu, and their daughter were taken to the Guangming Police Station. As they were leaving their apartment, the police attempted to cover Mr. Xia's handcuffed hands, but Mr. Xia said, “You don't have to cover my hands. I am in my 60's and believe in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. You have put me in handcuffs because of that, and I am not ashamed. You are the ones who should be ashamed.”

Mr. Wang Shouchen is Ms. Su's nephew and was among the 11 practitioners charged by the Dalian Zhongshan Court. Only two family members are allowed to attend the hearings, so Mr. Xia and Ms. Su always waited outside the courthouse with other families when the court was in session. A large number of police and plainclothes officers from the Dalian Domestic Security Division and the Political and Legal Affairs Committee video recorded and photographed waiting family members of the accused practitioners.

Mr. Xia was present at the courthouse and was photographed, which resulted in his arrest. Mr. Xia said several plainclothes police followed him around while he was waiting outside.

The lawsuit focused public attention on the Dalian legal agencies, and they have been retaliating against the defendants' attorneys. Now they are targeting the practitioners' families.

The arrests were premeditated by the Dalian Domestic Security Division. All the personal belongings confiscated at Mr. Xia's home were checked by the Dalian Domestic Security Division. Plainclothes officers monitored Mr. Xia and his family for 48 hours before they made the arrests. Neighbors noticed several strangers peeking outside of Mr. Xia's home and questioned them. The police lied about their identity.

Ms. Su suddenly felt unwell upon arriving at the Guangming Police Station and lost consciousness. An officer turned on an electric baton and threatened the unconscious Ms. Su that if she did not get up, her daughter would be handcuffed. Ms. Su's daughter was anxious about her mother and said, “Look at her! We need to take her to the hospital quickly.” The police did not do anything to help.

Ms. Su remained unconscious for several hours. By that time, many of her relatives had heard about the arrest and went to the police station. Ms. Su was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had had a heart attack and needed to be hospitalized.

Mr. Xia, who was found to suffer from high blood pressure after a physical exam, is still detained in the Jinzhou Detention Center. During his interrogation, the police smashed a picture of the founder of Falun Dafa to provoke Mr. Xia, and his blood pressure continued to rise.

Four other practitioners were in the same van that transported Mr. Xie were arrested by other police stations. They were given physicals and sent to the Jinzhou Detention Center. Those arrests were ordered by the Dalian Domestic Security Division.

Articles related to the illegal detention of 11 Falun Gong practitioners and their attorneys being harassed and beaten can be found on Minghui.org.

Related articles: Lawyers Protest in Dalian after an Attorney was Beaten During a Hearing After Suffering Years of Brutal Persecution, Mr. Qu Bin is Arrested Again Lawyers Protest in Dalian after an Attorney was Beaten During a Hearing Practitioner in Her Sixties Tortured in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Cases of Torture in Masanjia Labor Camp in 2012 After Attorney Beaten for Defending Falun Gong Practitioners, Others Step Forward